8 hours ago, thetime said:

The Saturday headliner is what I’m most excited about. ?

second for me, saw them last year in austria and they were surprisingly bad. they fucked up the beginning of graceless thrice and just moved on. but honestly it was also bad weather all day and thus a shitty crowd. we got the duet with chvrches earlier on that day though. 

anyways i only hear good stuff about their live shows 

18 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

ouldn't agree more. Only The National for us that day, which is disappointing. Some friends of ours have decided to not even attend the festival that day and, instead, go on a day trip to Vienna! A bit disappointing really, given how good most of the other days are.

So true, and I really do not like The National for a Saturday... I probably will focus in doing some activities around the island that day

Edited by Sakito
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Load of names just announced for Volt, including Wild Front. I recognise the band name but have never seen them before, anyone got any idea of big festivals they might have played which is where I might recognise them from?

Reading, Leeds, Mad Cool, Glastonbury... 

• Upvote 1

Anyone have any leaks as to when we will even get the next announcement? 

Also any predictions? Usually I can guess a few but this year it seems very unpredictable. 

From festivals around it could be some of these but would be interested in all opinions! 

• Oliver Heldens
  •  A$AP Rocky
  •  Loud Luxury
  • James Arthur
  • Carl Cox 
  • Afrojack 
  • Sigrid
  • Royal Blood 
  • Pale Waves 
  • Fisher 
  • Billie Eilish 
  • Denis Sulta 
  • Tash Sultana 

1 hour ago, LittleFest said:

Also any predictions? Usually I can guess a few but this year it seems very unpredictable. 

From festivals around it could be some of these but would be interested in all opinions! 

• Oliver Heldens
  •  A$AP Rocky
  •  Loud Luxury
  • James Arthur
  • Carl Cox 
  • Afrojack 
  • Sigrid
  • Royal Blood 
  • Pale Waves 
  • Fisher 
  • Billie Eilish 
  • Denis Sulta 
  • Tash Sultana 

As you said this year is very unpredictable... 

Pukkelpop and Reading/Leeds have very similar lineup so I think we can expect some of the smaller names from those festivals. 

Sziget already announced the colosseum and the elrow names so as I can see there will be no more tecno artists. 

There will be a lot of edm acts because the party arena is almost empty.

1 hour ago, LittleFest said:

• Oliver Heldens
  •  A$AP Rocky
  •  Loud Luxury
  • James Arthur
  • Carl Cox 
  • Afrojack 
  • Sigrid
  • Royal Blood 
  • Pale Waves 
  • Fisher 
  • Billie Eilish 
  • Denis Sulta 
  • Tash Sultana 

Here is my opinion about just Billie Eilish, Sziget share some of the acts with Reading and Leeds festival and Frequency festival, both of them have Billie Eilish in their line up, also Billie is performing on the first day of Frequency festival which is 15th August, just 2 days after Sziget and also her last tour dates before frequency festival is 13th July in America. So i would be very disappointed if she doesn't come to Sziget this year. ??

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ReljaGajić said:

Here is my opinion about just Billie Eilish, Sziget share some of the acts with Reading and Leeds festival and Frequency festival, both of them have Billie Eilish in their line up, also Billie is performing on the first day of Frequency festival which is 15th August, just 2 days after Sziget and also her last tour dates before frequency festival is 13th July in America. So i would be very disappointed if she doesn't come to Sziget this year. ??

I'm also hoping she gets announced next, I feel like when they were booking acts she may have only been suited to A38 but if coachella is anything to go by she should be main stage now she has blown up! 

If I was running a festival and my booker hadn't got Billie Eilish for this year I'd be absolutely furious. Booking normally happen the year before and Billie Eilish in mid-to-late 2018 would've been cheap to book. I'm not a massive fan of hers but appreciate that her sound is unique enough to grab the attention so she should really have been at the top of the list of any major festival's booking list:

Cheap, unique and available.

If Sziget don't announce her for the Saturday, where the line-up is currently lacking imho, then they've made a mistake.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

One option could also be that they havent fit her in the lineup just because they share too much big names with R&L and just scheduled her for the next year. Or they just have bad smell for shooting stars.

Overall I see that this year more than any other the lineup's attentions revolves massively around the headliners and few of the subs, not only in term of budget but also of artistic variety (sic) - many of the booking has been kinda lazy and not really brave or looking-forward for the next big thing (like happened in 2014 with Stromae and Imagine Dragons, to make an instance), so I would not be totally surprised if eventually Billie Eilish dont fit in the bill, and if she does fit there won't be one thing in the world helping me from thinking that that was a last minute booking overpriced and that she will be subbing.

35 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

One option could also be that they havent fit her in the lineup just because they share too much big names with R&L and just scheduled her for the next year. Or they just have bad smell for shooting stars.

R&L is far away, all the social media comments are full of her name. Doesn't seem like they care about sharing names with R&L given they already have the same headliners etc and they shouldn't since its like 1000km away and a different weekend too. I'm considering doing both honestly, i've booked Sziget but may get a resale for Reading.

8 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

I hope they booked her. Now she's an absolute one day ticket seller in Hungary since a lot of young girls worship her. 

Bearing in mind that we've still got 3 sub-headliners to announce (assuming Years & Years aren't Sunday sub) and a potential A38 headliner.

If I had to place a bet on anyone who I thought was going to get added at this stage, it would have to be Billie. Looking at the spread of acts throughout the week, it's clear they've loaded to Wednesday & Thursday and Monday & Tuesday to try and encourage people to buy week long passes. However, they've neglected the Friday-Saturday-Sunday pretty badly in comparison to the other days so far(although I personally really like the Sunday line up, but the Saturday is super poor, Friday is good just not many acts added yet).

Therefore the logical move seems to be to add Billie as either Sunday sub, or 3rd down on the main stage on Saturday, to try and boost ticket sales, as her name alone would shift a lot of tickets, and I can tell that from the sheer amount of people complaining on instagram that she's not on the line up and how many likes those complaints have been getting (I know it's not relative to people who actually buy tickets as the people on instagram like to complain anyway- but it just puts into perspective how much of a marketable name she's become).

Aside from that, we have Wednesday sub & A38 headliner to announce and Friday sub. Seeing as the Wednesday is already sold out, it seems like they would be less likely now to have a really strong sub for the Wednesday. I could definitely see someone like A$AP Rocky subbing Martin Garrix.

For the Wednesday sub, Foals would be nice, as they are promoting their new albums and it would be cool to see them return to Sziget, and Wednesday A38 headliner I would preferably like someone like Bloc Party/Editors/Marina to be added. 

I think it's really quite difficult to tell at this stage who the last minute additions are likely to be but we should definitely have at least 2-3 "big" names added at this point. I've always said as well that I feel like there's a lack of female acts at the top of the bill compared to last year (last year there was Zara Larsson, Wolf Alice, Dua Lipa & Lana Del Ray) whereas this year it's only really Tove Lo & Florence up at the top of the bill, so once again Billie Eilish would definitely fit in well in that respect too. 

Edited by FestivalJamie
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Aside from that, we have Wednesday sub & A38 headliner to announce and Friday sub. Seeing as the Wednesday is already sold out, it seems like they would be less likely now to have a really strong sub for the Wednesday. I could definitely see someone like A$AP Rocky subbing Martin Garrix.

For the Wednesday sub, Foals would be nice, as they are promoting their new albums and it would be cool to see them return to Sziget, and Wednesday A38 headliner I would preferably like someone like Bloc Party/Editors/Marina to be added.

Foals is definitely a really strong sub considering their past positions at Sziget before and what they play now. Could easily headline if 21p/national/1975 are.

And what are your predictions for the party arena? 

Last year we had a dubstep/trap night, a kind of bigroom night, a trance night, a mixed mainstream night with KSHMR and Tujamo, a future house night by Hexagon and the elrow night. Is it possible that Sziget follows this trend?

If it does now we have the Elrow night, I guess Hucci means trap for Friday (we also have Burak Yeter, he might play in the A38 tent but idk), we have W&W for bigroom, Vini Vici for trance, Carnage is for the dubstep/trap/hardstyle and Jax Jones and Sigala could mean a house night. 

On 4/22/2019 at 1:35 PM, LittleFest said:

• Oliver Heldens
  •  A$AP Rocky
  •  Loud Luxury
  • James Arthur
  • Carl Cox 
  • Afrojack 
  • Sigrid
  • Royal Blood 
  • Pale Waves 
  • Fisher 
  • Billie Eilish 
  • Denis Sulta 
  • Tash Sultana 

We've just lost Fisher. It says he's coming to Budafest and it's his only performance in Hungary this year.

Screenshot_20190424-090137.png