1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

When can we expect the last announcement? 

Europe and Lightstage are coming this or next week top, I'd say, so I'll bet on early may for a last announcement.

Weird strategy if you ask me, since they still have more than half the Party Arena TBA (which has been the rising star of the latest editions)

3 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Europe and Lightstage are coming this or next week top, I'd say, so I'll bet on early may for a last announcement.

Weird strategy if you ask me, since they still have more than half the Party Arena TBA (which has been the rising star of the latest editions)

What 'size' of acts are likely to be in the final announcement?

Household names or gap-fillers? Or a mix? Who was announced last in 2018?

Edited by swelsbyuk

4 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

What 'size' of acts are likely to be in the final announcement?

Household names or gap-fillers? Or a mix? Who was announced last in 2018?

Usually some regional party anthem for the foreigner crowd on Europe Stage. I.e. for italians it's the only way to get some Italian non-techno performers. But generally speaking it's filler zone (biggest name last year probably were little big and Tommy cash)

Lightstage on the other hand is usually small indie italians and few european, that is probably the smallest stage between the officials

54 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Usually some regional party anthem for the foreigner crowd on Europe Stage. I.e. for italians it's the only way to get some Italian non-techno performers. But generally speaking it's filler zone (biggest name last year probably were little big and Tommy cash)

Lightstage on the other hand is usually small indie italians and few european, that is probably the smallest stage between the officials

Saw Alma on the European stage in 2017 and was in my top 5 of that edition. 

Algiers, Carnival Youth and Whispering Sons caught my eye first. But I'm sure there's even more good stuff here: 

Hippocampe Fou * Jungle By Night * Bosse * 47soul السبعة و أربعين * Maruja Limón * Algiers * Sophie Hunger * Lord Esperanza * Coma Cose* L'Or du Commun * Whispering Sons * Carnival Youth * Naaz * Leoniden * I hate my village * Lucille Crew * IDIOTAPE * The Ringo Jets* Ivan Dorn * Pipes and Pints * La Ganga Calé * RENDEZ-VOUS * Celeste Buckingham (Official) * MÖRK * Esti Kornél * Satellites * Belau * Cheap Tobacco * Hearts Hearts * Mongooz And The Magnet

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sakito said:

Saturday still the weakest day by far...

Couldn't agree more. Only The National for us that day, which is disappointing. Some friends of ours have decided to not even attend the festival that day and, instead, go on a day trip to Vienna! A bit disappointing really, given how good most of the other days are.

On 4/8/2019 at 4:24 PM, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

What are your tips for the party arena? 

Balaton sound (the biggest elecronic festival in Hungary) just completed its lineup, so at least we know who to rule out: https://balatonsound.com/en/line-up#!/plist////

Edited by glavakpeti

Yeah, we're using that Saturday for a lie in - then still head to the festival, but explore the festival itself. Although I am holding out for another small announcement, as I think there is some space on the main stage for a couple more acts, and maybe 1 or 2 on A38. Ticket price increase is May 9th, so maybe get an announcement then.