10 hours ago, SpongeNob said:

Can't help but think that Sziget are missing out some very good opportunities. 

These are all playing other festivals throughout August:

Ash
Shed Seven
Royal Blood
Chase & Status
The Streets
Crystal Fighters
Good Charlotte
PVRIS
SIGMA
Story So Far
Foals
Kings of Leon
A Day To Remember
Bastille
Circa Waves
The Amazons
Bloc Party
The Hives
Sam Fender
The Wombats
Swedish House Mafia
Sub Focus

Fingers crossed for the next announcement.

we got the headliners so kings of Leon can be ruled out.

Bastille can be ruled out since they played last year 

Royal blood is a shout as they are touring in August.

Interestingly, I was scrolling through Sziget’s Instagram posts from last year and Shawn Mendes was never advertised as a co-headliner, only Kygo was advertised as a headliner with Shawn as a sub, similarly how to TOP are being advertised.

That does mean we could see another “big” name subbing Martin Garrix or Post Malone, provided Years & Years and Tove Lo are not subheadliners.

Need a subheadliner for Ed Sheeran as well as A38 headline for that day. 

Still leaves a chance of Foals/wombats/Billie eilish/Bloc party/Royal Blood/George Ezra etc. In my eyes, although not sure how likely it is for many more big names as I think there could be a chance Tove Lo/Years & Years are subheadliners, especially if the majority of the budget was spent early on Ed Sheeran and Foos.

3 hours ago, Baxxx said:

I still hope for MARINA, but not as a cohead of ed sheeren.

Beeing Subheadliner für Ed Sheeran is probably the worst slot you can get this year haha.

She would have to be A38 headliner or 3rd down on main stage. There seems to be quite a lack of female artists compared to last year, so maybe we will see some more added in the next announcement?

17 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

She would have to be A38 headliner or 3rd down on main stage. There seems to be quite a lack of female artists compared to last year, so maybe we will see some more added in the next announcement?

Hopefully they’ve chosen the best what’s available to them, rather than gender/colour of skin etc etc. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

History shows how after this point they usually fill the blanks with last minute contracts. I hardly remember (except 2016 with Chemicals and Editors) and edition in which last announcement of main stage and a38 was predictable somehow

On 3/7/2019 at 7:28 AM, thetime said:

Hopefully they’ve chosen the best what’s available to them, rather than gender/colour of skin etc etc. 

Surely anyone would concede that there is no objective 'best available' and that attempting to book a diverse range of artists is only a positive thing. 

8 minutes ago, jkerr4412 said:

Surely anyone would concede that there is no objective 'best available' and that attempting to book a diverse range of artists is only a positive thing. 

There is no objective best available to the same extent there is no objective good or bad music, but that's beside the point.

The point is acts should be booked by quality (even if one calls that subjective), rather than anything else (be it gender, skin colour, sexual orientation). Booking a diverse range of artists therefore does you no good in terms of music if the diverse acts you book are shit. The same goes - clearly - for an all white male lineup.

That is if the goal of the festival and the attendees is a "best possible lineup" music-wise, of course. I guess it would be safe to assume that it is in fact so.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jkerr4412 said:

They have a diverse range of artists I would of thought, it’s just not based on race or gender. You can’t get much more diverse than ed sheeran, foo fighters and garrix. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, thetime said:

They have a diverse range of artists I would of thought, it’s just not based on race or gender. You can’t get much more diverse than ed sheeran, foo fighters and garrix. 

Surely ending up with an entirely white,  male (with the exception of Florence) batch of headliners either indicates a festival lacking diversity or a larger issue with the listening habits of attendees.  

Don’t agree.  The lineup is musically diverse.  It’s a music festival not the United Nations.  The diversity comes in the form of music, not the blobs making the music. There is so much confusion about the difference between positive discrimination and representation.   I find it offensive that you think the listening habits of the attendees are somehow at fault if they haven’t choosen to listen to a minority’s music.  When was the last time you bought a pan pipe album or listened to tribal drumming or throat singing or rain dancing or gay hip hop or transgender indie.  The list is infinte.  What’s wrong with your listening habit?

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, OllieR said:

What parts of the line up are we still expecting? And who can we realistically expect to fill these spots?

1 to 3 subheadliners, maybe some headliner of the a38, the entire Europe and Colosseum and half the party arena.

Lets say that majority of mainstream stages are set.