8 minutes ago, everest said:

Prodigy were planned today to be announced for Sea Star festival in Croatia. They were probably also on Sziget's list, so maybe this is the main reason for late announcement.

That is not the reason. All headliners were announced + they posted about today's announcement after that terrible news were already revealed. If The Prodigy were on Sziget's list there would be no announcement today...

Edited by Newjem

12 minutes ago, everest said:

Prodigy were planned to be announced for Sea Star festival in Croatia. They were probably also on Sziget's list, so maybe this is the main reason for late announcement.

Prodigy were already announced for an another Hungarian festival in August. Btw this is a great announcement for me with The National, Big Thief, Khruangbin, Polo & Pan and Ocean Alley. :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, everest said:

Prodigy were planned to be announced for Sea Star festival in Croatia. They were probably also on Sziget's list, so maybe this is the main reason for late announcement.

I heard Sziget had issue with The National, they should have belonged to the latest announcement. Can't back up this sentences with public info tho, so take it as it comes.

This being said: announcement over all positive, but that raises some question marks.

1) There are always more unknown names in the A38, which is good, but also not so good. There are, on average, two names per day in the A38 that are unknow for even somebody in the festival circuit. I understand it is budget stuff, but a day like 8th August with only CHVRCHES (and on a lighter note, Yungblud, Pale Waves) with some form of global recognition brings nothing to me, and I am already kinda indifferent to the main stage acts since I am not English. Or, even worst, 9th August: Grace Carter - Anna of the North - Gangs of Youth to compose the most unknown triplette of the A38's history (just to make a point: Gangs of Youth played on 7th stage at Mad Cool last year, the other two are MIA in my archives)

2) Kodaline - Tove Lo - Years and Years subheadliner? Is that even a possibility?

3) 10th August is the most equilibrated and strong day so far IMHO, that has to keep me busy 19.45-05.00

4) Now that 12th August is filled, can somebody clear my view and tell me who the fuck plays where and when? Same goes for A38 of 13th of August, cause I refuse to believe that Big Thief and Alma can subheadline the second stage.

Edited by Yelo, the Parmiggiana

22 minutes ago, AdamD93 said:

Are these times based off previous years or? How likely are Razorlight to be on that early on day 1? May miss them if they are!

It's just a prediction. I don't think they could headline A38 stage but maybe I'm wrong. 

25 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Yes, you're wrong. They all well renowned for being very good live. They always provide an intense performance.

Saying they are the "best" live act though is a very subjective statement. They just seem a bit of a boring headliner choice in my opinion, although I don't really know them. 

I would have rather had anyone of the other people suggested e.g. tame impala, Ellie Goulding, Ariana, red hot chillis- would have preferred any of those options. Personal opinion though

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

21 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Saying they are the "best" live act though is a very subjective statement. They just seem a bit of a boring headliner choice in my opinion, although I don't really know them. 

I would have rather had anyone of the other people suggested e.g. tame impala, Ellie Goulding, Ariana, red hot chillis- would have preferred any of those options. Personal opinion though

This post is factually correct yet getting alot of down votes. Festivaljamie is just highlighting subjective choice. 

• Upvote 1

At this stage of the lineup, folk are always going to be disappointed. The National headlining is huge for me personally. 

In fact it’s very rare any lineup announcement goes down as positive, people are just to choosy and greedy nowadays. 

For example Reading Fest announces more names tomorrow, that again will have a negative reaction. Rock Werchter, pukkelpop etc etc and the list goes on.