16 minutes ago, gfa said:

Still really hoping for a nice surprise of RHCP or The Strokes or even The Killers. Any of those 3 would go down so nicely. Booked my flights yesterday to Budapest.

1 Also, what makes this upgraded camping so much better? Is it the people in it, like not having twats and stuff or what.

2 Which one is A38 - the map doesn't have the stage names ? I know 38 is main, which are 9, 7, 12, 57, 47 and 48?

3 Can you enter with your bags and tents on the early entry days or does everyone have to enter the festival for the first time through the main entrance? This is for tuesday entry if that changes anything, the boat is way nearer to our airbnb from monday night

Yeah, not having much twats is one of the reasons. It's much safer as well as only people with the same camping ticket can enter the area. You don't have to worry too much about getting a good spot to camp, they don't fill up that quickly, while all the best spots in regular camping will go with a few hours. They have separate toilets and showers as well, which means less ques and it tends to be much more clean. It's not a weekend festival, it's full 7 days, so having an ability to keep you hygiene does wonders. And they have a bit of hospitality services as well, which is nice. They are a bit pricey, but personally I can't see myself surviving 7 days in basic camping.. And I can't see myself taking a hotel in the city as well. This is one of the festivals that really requires you to stay on the island to get the full experience, trust me ;)

The map I sent is as follows;
Main stage - 36 / A38 stage, which is second biggest stage - 48 / Bacardi arena (EDM stage) - 9 / Colosseum (techno, house) - 7 / Magic Mirror (stand-up comedy & gay culture mainly)  - 12  / World Music Stage (not going to be there this year) - 57 / Europe Stage - 47

I can't remember if the boat service has been already running during the moving-in days. I'd like to believe it has. It was definitely running on Wednesday. In case it's not and you're afraid of the main entrance being too crowded, there's a smaller entrance as well for people arriving with shuttle bus or cars (with parking ticket). It goes really fast from there. It's the "H-Bridge Entrance" on the map. But if you're arriving from the train station, it still makes more sense to go to the main entrance.

• Like 1

Kylie Minogue --> lame saturday headliner

Ariana Grande --> lame saturday headliner

Ellie Goulding --> lame saturday headliner

Miley --> lame saturday headliner

any other female popact with dj in the background and dancers ... lame saturday headliner

(even I have to admit, that I would take Miley over the others)

yes, I get it, it's 2019 and gender equality blah blah, but honestly guys we need a proper rock/indie band heading on saturday

come on sziget, give us a BIG indie/rock band :)

24 minutes ago, Baxxx said:

Kylie Minogue --> lame saturday headliner

Ariana Grande --> lame saturday headliner

Ellie Goulding --> lame saturday headliner

Miley --> lame saturday headliner

any other female popact with dj in the background and dancers ... lame saturday headliner

(even I have to admit, that I would take Miley over the others)

yes, I get it, it's 2019 and gender equality blah blah, but honestly guys we need a proper rock/indie band heading on saturday

come on sziget, give us a BIG indie/rock band :)

Personally would be happy with Ellie/Ariana and am expecting something along those lines.

also I saw Ellie at streets of London and pretty sure she had a live band and not a dj, thought she was pretty good to be honest

Edited by FestivalJamie

7 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

But seriously, do we think Bob Dylan would work for a festival crowd. Seems like a man made for his own shows to me, and I like Dylan. 

I would say dylan at Glastonbury was one of the best sets at a festival I’ve attended. That being said he certainly wouldn’t work at sziget, will go down a treat at roskilde though. 

I'm all in for improvisation when you play live (rhcp being my favorite band :D ) but you can't recognize Bob Dylan's songs when he plays them live. They're all completely different

Saw him a few years ago and I enjoyed it as his band is amazing and they play really good but I couldn't figure out the songs till like 2 minutes in 

1 hour ago, On The Blend said:

But seriously, do we think Bob Dylan would work for a festival crowd. Seems like a man made for his own shows to me, and I like Dylan. 

I can't imagine them selling many weekend 3 day tickets with a mix of Martin Garrix, Bob Dylan and Post Malone headlining. I'd be surprised if there's many CD collections containing all three of those!

19 hours ago, eyebrain said:

Yeah, not having much twats is one of the reasons. It's much safer as well as only people with the same camping ticket can enter the area. You don't have to worry too much about getting a good spot to camp, they don't fill up that quickly, while all the best spots in regular camping will go with a few hours. They have separate toilets and showers as well, which means less ques and it tends to be much more clean. It's not a weekend festival, it's full 7 days, so having an ability to keep you hygiene does wonders. And they have a bit of hospitality services as well, which is nice. They are a bit pricey, but personally I can't see myself surviving 7 days in basic camping.. And I can't see myself taking a hotel in the city as well. This is one of the festivals that really requires you to stay on the island to get the full experience, trust me ;)

The map I sent is as follows;
Main stage - 36 / A38 stage, which is second biggest stage - 48 / Bacardi arena (EDM stage) - 9 / Colosseum (techno, house) - 7 / Magic Mirror (stand-up comedy & gay culture mainly)  - 12  / World Music Stage (not going to be there this year) - 57 / Europe Stage - 47

I can't remember if the boat service has been already running during the moving-in days. I'd like to believe it has. It was definitely running on Wednesday. In case it's not and you're afraid of the main entrance being too crowded, there's a smaller entrance as well for people arriving with shuttle bus or cars (with parking ticket). It goes really fast from there. It's the "H-Bridge Entrance" on the map. But if you're arriving from the train station, it still makes more sense to go to the main entrance.

Thank you so much. I think we're slumming it out in general though, coming from the UK its already expensive. That H Bridge is so far from where we plan to stay looks like an absolute hike.

Are you able to camp in the area between Colosseum and Main? Guessing it will be very loud but thats not a big deal for us, just don't want our stuff to get trampled etc. Considering where the World Music Stage is too, we will probably be mainly at A38 and Main, using the boat to get to budapest for the worse nights. If these are campable, how quick will they fill up? We have tuesday entry.

Also - which bits of general camping fill up the absolute quickest on the map, we want to be in a lively section :) 

It's been revealed that Ariana Grande is getting £250,000 to headline Manchester Pride which, I suspect, is a drop in the ocean compared to what Ed Sheeran and Foo Fighters can command so she's not priced out of headlining Sziget on Saturday I wouldn't think. 

All depends if organisers want something approaching gender balance. The fact that all the headliners are white doesn't appear to be an issue though.

Still got fingers crossed for RHCP though! Lol

14 hours ago, gfa said:

Thank you so much. I think we're slumming it out in general though, coming from the UK its already expensive. That H Bridge is so far from where we plan to stay looks like an absolute hike.

Are you able to camp in the area between Colosseum and Main? Guessing it will be very loud but thats not a big deal for us, just don't want our stuff to get trampled etc. Considering where the World Music Stage is too, we will probably be mainly at A38 and Main, using the boat to get to budapest for the worse nights. If these are campable, how quick will they fill up? We have tuesday entry.

Also - which bits of general camping fill up the absolute quickest on the map, we want to be in a lively section :) 

Yeah, there's pretty much room between Colosseum and Main, and almost all of it is under shade. I think you'll enjoy it there. But just remember, stay way from camping directly next to walking paths! If you're coming in on Tuesday morning, you should be able to get a pretty decent spot. If you look at the map, aim for the area around number 19 or 16. It's close to main stages, showers, toilets, everything.

The quickest to fill up is the area between main stage and afro-latin stage which is around 35 on the map. Basic camping next to the beach goes really fast as well and is very lively. It's basically the whole area between eco camping and the beach (number 1). It's 90% under the shade, very lively and they have those small "christmas" lights all around the trees which makes the atmosphere great.

• Upvote 1

Hi all ?
I’m currently writing my dissertation about Social Media Marketing tools at Music Festivals and part of it is collecting data. I’ve created a survey and I’d appreciate it if you could take approx. 10 minutes and fill it out.

If you wanna take part you have to be between 20 and 30 years old and have attended a music festival!

Thank you 

https://qmu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/does-influencer-marketing-work-for-music-festivals?fbclid=IwAR29nsiHqaTmX0gLwjt5OgDmoaO-w2faTlQ_8pxWcaqckwt_lqaa2mb3g5E

9 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

All depends if organisers want something approaching gender balance. The fact that all the headliners are white doesn't appear to be an issue though.

This thing is starting to go beyond ridicolous.

Where are the jew headliners? and muslims?

Why there are no disabled headliners?

Where is the Asians headliner?

And the LGBTQ quota?

Damn I really wish Sziget cared about my feelings and put on the Main Stage an asexual Nehandertal performer.

Sorry for the rant.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

This thing is starting to go beyond ridicolous.

Where are the jew headliners? and muslims?

Why there are no disabled headliners?

Where is the Asians headliner?

And the LGBTQ quota?

Damn I really wish Sziget cared about my feelings and put on the Main Stage an asexual Nehandertal performer.

Sorry for the rant.

Having read interviews with the organisers I think this is their view too, which is why I have my fingers crossed for RHCP because I'm not convinced the Saturday night headliner actually will be female.

Yelo, you beat me to the rant.  There seems to be a problem with understanding, what is meant by representative?,  what I see in previous posts is that people want tokenism, I.e,  a set number of their particular chosen group.  But we can all create random groups.  What about old, young,  i say the final headliner must be Bob Dylan or the festival is ageist.  It’s ridiculous.

Sziget is wonderfully diverse and most importantly it cares about respect and equality of all that attend.  I truely believe they are picking headliners based on popularity and business acumen,  not race or sex or another grouping.    

Bring on the asexual  Neanderthal but only if he rocks

rant over

Edited by kkpb8038

10 hours ago, eyebrain said:

Yeah, there's pretty much room between Colosseum and Main, and almost all of it is under shade. I think you'll enjoy it there. But just remember, stay way from camping directly next to walking paths! If you're coming in on Tuesday morning, you should be able to get a pretty decent spot. If you look at the map, aim for the area around number 19 or 16. It's close to main stages, showers, toilets, everything.

The quickest to fill up is the area between main stage and afro-latin stage which is around 35 on the map. Basic camping next to the beach goes really fast as well and is very lively. It's basically the whole area between eco camping and the beach (number 1). It's 90% under the shade, very lively and they have those small "christmas" lights all around the trees which makes the atmosphere great.

How long does it take to walk to mainstage and A38 from the beach when its busy? We thought there looked pretty good too but its just quite a way out compared to camping right by main I guess.

12 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

It's been revealed that Ariana Grande is getting £250,000 to headline Manchester Pride which, I suspect, is a drop in the ocean compared to what Ed Sheeran and Foo Fighters can command so she's not priced out of headlining Sziget on Saturday I wouldn't think. 

Still got fingers crossed for RHCP though! Lol

Ariana would have been way cheaper than normal at Manchester Pride though after the attack etc. Praying for RHCP or Killers ? 

On 3/1/2019 at 9:56 PM, gfa said:

How long does it take to walk to mainstage and A38 from the beach when its busy? We thought there looked pretty good too but its just quite a way out compared to camping right by main I guess.

I'd say about 15 min max to the main stage, and 20 to A38. If it's crowded.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, SpongeNob said:

It was all detailed on the Sziget main website, but the site has been updated - maybe another announcement coming soon?

But you can see a breakdown by day over at https://www.festicket.com/festivals/sziget-festival/2019/

i hope so!

also there is nice clashfinder https://clashfinder.com/s/sziget2019/

was it mentioned beforebon here @Yelo, the ParmiggianaParmiggiana?