1 hour ago, adequate8 said:

How sure are we that the next announcement will be bigger acts? The 2nd wave was a bit of a letdown. Seems crazy they wait for the 3rd wave for bigger bands n DJs?

Nothing is sure, but we can hope.

At least the Saturday headliner is missing so far - so there will be one big name at least.

Where there could be slots for bigger names:

Friday: coheadliner for Martin Garrix and a A38 stage headliner
To be honest Tove Lo as Cohead for Garrix would be disappointing.
Also I can't imagine who should headline A38 so far.

Saturday: headliner and coheadliner
where do we think are james blake and son lux slots? not sure

Sunday: cohead for Post Malone and A38 head
Years and Years would be a disappointment for a cohead.
The were the first slot at the mainstage like 2 years ago?!

So well, we can expect a few more big names I guess. (or at least I hope so)

Guys, I have potential leak...they have some kind of trivia:

Artist who ended up without money and home, when before he released his debut single, he has been dropped out of his label company. He worked as a clerk in electro store and cigarette store, he has been sleeping in his car or on sofa at his girlfriends house. His first single was huge success and it emerged virally all over the internet and his career is rising.

Do you have somebody particular in mind? Its possible, that hes already announced, but I would give it a try.

2 hours ago, Baxxx said:

Nothing is sure, but we can hope.

At least the Saturday headliner is missing so far - so there will be one big name at least.

Where there could be slots for bigger names:

Friday: coheadliner for Martin Garrix and a A38 stage headliner
To be honest Tove Lo as Cohead for Garrix would be disappointing.
Also I can't imagine who should headline A38 so far.

Saturday: headliner and coheadliner
where do we think are james blake and son lux slots? not sure

Sunday: cohead for Post Malone and A38 head
Years and Years would be a disappointment for a cohead.
The were the first slot at the mainstage like 2 years ago?!

So well, we can expect a few more big names I guess. (or at least I hope so)

Friday I think Tove Lo is third down in Main stage. Saw her live opening to Coldplay and well, sufficient at best.

Saturday I'd say James Blake subheadliner Bonobo-style and Son Lux A38 headliner (or 22 slot)

Sunday Post Malone is full headliner, and I think Years and Years will be 3-4 down in Main, lot to see there but that day looks pretty troubled so far (such a shame for 3 days ticket).

43 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Artist who ended up without money and home, when before he released his debut single, he has been dropped out of his label company. He worked as a clerk in electro store and cigarette store, he has been sleeping in his car or on sofa at his girlfriends house. His first single was huge success and it emerged virally all over the internet and his career is rising.

Do you have somebody particular in mind? Its possible, that hes already announced, but I would give it a try.

Isn't this Ed Sheeran? Don't know, tho

1 hour ago, lukatej said:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barns_Courtney

But I've never heard about him before... 

Edited by Newjem

On 2/15/2019 at 12:46 PM, FestivalJamie said:

Coldplay or Ariana.

Marina, George Ezra, Foals, Bloc Party, Jorja Smith, Billie Ellish.

That's what I'm expecting and would be happy with.

I'm really hoping for Foals, and especially Bloc Party! I had tickets to their Ally Pally show for Silent Alarm, but couldn't go in the end. 

Fingers crossed also for Royal Blood and Sam Fender, as their names are appearing in EU festivals around the same time.

1 hour ago, SpongeNob said:

I'm really hoping for Foals, and especially Bloc Party! I had tickets to their Ally Pally show for Silent Alarm, but couldn't go in the end. 

Fingers crossed also for Royal Blood and Sam Fender, as their names are appearing in EU festivals around the same time.

Foals, Royal Blood and Sam Fender would be the icing on the cake for us (not sure about Bloc Party tho!) - all three are fantastic live acts.

2007/2008: in this festival I saw THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS, IRON MAIDEN, R.E.M., SEX PISTOLS, THE KILLERS, JAMIROQUAI, NINE INCH NAILS,TOOL,MANU CHAO,FAITHLESS,MADNESS,THE HIVES,THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE QUEEN,SERJ TANKIAN, BABYSHAMBLES etc etc etc...

2019: someone hopes that there 'll be Ariana Grande ...

something went wrong, in my opinion ???

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Foals, Royal Blood and Sam Fender would be the icing on the cake for us (not sure about Bloc Party tho!) - all three are fantastic live acts.

I'm holding out for them! Especially as they're all doing the festival rounds. I was kinda surprised they weren't announced in the recent phase.

I haven't seen Bloc Party since they were proper Bloc Party with all the original members, but would still be nice to make up for missing them!

11 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

2007/2008: in this festival I saw THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS, IRON MAIDEN, R.E.M., SEX PISTOLS, THE KILLERS, JAMIROQUAI, NINE INCH NAILS,TOOL,MANU CHAO,FAITHLESS,MADNESS,THE HIVES,THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE QUEEN,SERJ TANKIAN, BABYSHAMBLES etc etc etc...

2019: someone hopes that there 'll be Ariana Grande ...

something went wrong, in my opinion ???

Although I understand what you are saying - you've listed some fantastic acts - you've also highlighted why some people would be happy with Ariana. 

You've named 14 acts and they are all male. We live in different times from even ten years ago and it is likely, but not certain, that the remaining headliner will be female. Ariana fits the bill.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Although I understand what you are saying - you've listed some fantastic acts - you've also highlighted why some people would be happy with Ariana. 

You've named 14 acts and they are all male. We live in different times from even ten years ago and it is likely, but not certain, that the remaining headliner will be female. Ariana fits the bill.

Actually people don't want Ariana because she's a woman. This gender parity everywhere is ruining the world more than improving gap condition (ready for the shit storm, but that it is).

People want Ariana for they have switched their taste from something heavy or more sophisticated to something more easy listening and cute. And this mainly happened by the time festivals started to attract the general crowd, who asked for more Pop and less Metal.

Is it good is it bad it's not up to me to say, but the gender equality is surely not a good endorsement (for how much good is the idea from where it started), look at Primavera lineup.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Is it good is it bad it's not up to me to say, but the gender equality is surely not a good endorsement (for how much good is the idea from where it started), look at Primavera lineup.

Nah, Primavera lineup is stellar regardless this gender thing. 

The main problem of who's moaning about Ariana Grande is that they don't want this kind of tv pop star  that's it. 

43 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

There's more depth to the Primavera lineup this year than there will be when Sziget finishes announcing, regardless of how many male acts they have performing.

In 10/11 years there'll be someone moaning that the lineup wasn't what it used to be back in 2018/9. That's what happens when people get out of touch with modern popular music.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ConorC said:

10/11 years there'll be someone moaning that the lineup wasn't what it used to be back in 2018/9. That's what happens when people get out of touch with modern popular music.

Couldn't agree more.

Who would I love to be announced for the festival? System of a Down, The Chemical Brothers, Nine Inch Nails.

Who would I book if I wanted to seek tickets to a festival in 2019? Post Malone and Ariana Grande.

(though I still think she'd be too expensive and it's going to be someone else)

53 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Couldn't agree more.

Who would I love to be announced for the festival? System of a Down, The Chemical Brothers, Nine Inch Nails.

Who would I book if I wanted to seek tickets to a festival in 2019? Post Malone and Ariana Grande.

(though I still think she'd be too expensive and it's going to be someone else)

I guess it would depend on when Sziget signed her up. Her stock has risen considerably over the past three months but if Sziget signed her up last September then they may have got her for a lesser cost.

Eeels, Pennywise, White Lies, Good Charlotte, PVRIS, The Story So Far, Anne-Marie, Jorja Smith, Stormzy, Crystal Fighters all just got announced for Pukkelpop.

Along with artists such as Frank Carter and Frank Turner who are already announced for Sziget.

Edited by SpongeNob