I've done hotels before, certainly more relaxing than camping though you have to pay for taxis if you want the nightlife experience. 

Camping is fun but it takes a real toll on you, after the heat, the dust and the endless drinking I was in a properly rough state. Ended up going to bed at 10pm on Mumford's night cos I was dying and they were shite. 

On thing I will say is if you're in basic camping it is definitely worth paying for the early entry ticket. Me and my friend arrived at 6am the day the festival opened and were very lucky to get a decent spot as almost everywhere was full from early entry people. 

2 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

I've done hotels before, certainly more relaxing than camping though you have to pay for taxis if you want the nightlife experience. 

Camping is fun but it takes a real toll on you, after the heat, the dust and the endless drinking I was in a properly rough state. Ended up going to bed at 10pm on Mumford's night cos I was dying and they were shite. 

On thing I will say is if you're in basic camping it is definitely worth paying for the early entry ticket. Me and my friend arrived at 6am the day the festival opened and were very lucky to get a decent spot as almost everywhere was full from early entry people. 

Thanks, think I will do the camping and book a hotel for a couple of nights I’m not that interested in over the 7 days to refresh and see the city too. 

I’ve been three times now. First in a tent in VIP camping, second in the Flexotel and last year in a hotel in the city. Every year it has been an improvement, both in accommodation and the infrastructure of the festival itself. If I was in a group and was drunk enough then camping wouldn’t be so bad despite being flooded on the final day. The Flexotel was the biggest waste of money I’ve ever spent. My hotel last year couldn’t have been better and wasn’t much more expensive. The main issue with staying on the island for me is that it gets so hot and dusty in the morning/early afternoon before any music starts and contrary to what most people say I felt as though by day 7 there wasn’t really much extra to do, even the circus acts etc don’t start until fairly late in the day. Although, saying this - Sziget is definitely one of my favourite European festivals and I’ve been to quite a few now.

I've done four, one on the island camping for nine days, three Airbnb in the city. Swings and roundabouts, really. Camping year I definitely got the most out of the festival experience, it was messy and so much fun.

the Airbnb years did make more sense the older I got as way more comfortable. Stay the right side of the river (near Batthyany or Margit stations and the journey is not too bad, just sweaty! 

My very ambitious bet:

Coldplay to co-headline with Martin Garrix. Then Tove Lo to feature as a special guest in coldplay’s Set and they will perform their song “fun” together.

Ariana Grande to headline Saturday night.

Realistically not gonna happen, but it’s what I would like to see. Realistically will probably get Ellie goulding as Saturday night headline.

What bands do people reccomend so far.

ive always loved the foo fighters and Florence so they are good headliners for me.   Franz ferdiand are a great festival band to jump around to,  Really got into tamino.  Seems like there is lots of interesting electronics,  I’m liking the look of son lux.

3 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

These acts were annouced for Volt Festival, so it 99% rules them out of Sziget:

Black Eyed Peas
Papa Roach
Cypress Hill
Martin Solveig
Lost Frequencies
Jan Blomqvist
Kruder & Dorfmeister
Kollektiv Turmstrasse
Nouvelle Vague
Deladap
Ugly Kid Joe
Amaranthe

Surely none were ever potentially playing Sziget anyway?

2 hours ago, adequate8 said:

Surely none were ever potentially playing Sziget anyway?

Martin Solveig and Lost Frequencies had gigs in Europe in August, but the others didn't have and maybe most of them won't even tour that month.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

so what to expect in the third bandwave? (I guess somewhere around beginning of april)
beside of post malone and franz ferdinand, there weren't "bigger" names in the second wave...
can we expect at least 4-5 strong middlefield acts (catfish level) or did they blew their money for ed sheeran?
for my taste there isn't really much from friday - sunday at the moment, and thursday is too packed with awesome acts

Marina (& the Diamonds) just announced a UK Tour and US Tour, but nothing for Europe so far.
Imo she would be a perfect Sziget Act ...

After the second bandwave, I really don't know what to expect for the third ... *curious*

What are your (realistical) bets?

7 hours ago, Baxxx said:

so what to expect in the third bandwave? (I guess somewhere around beginning of april)
beside of post malone and franz ferdinand, there weren't "bigger" names in the second wave...
can we expect at least 4-5 strong middlefield acts (catfish level) or did they blew their money for ed sheeran?
for my taste there isn't really much from friday - sunday at the moment, and thursday is too packed with awesome acts

Marina (& the Diamonds) just announced a UK Tour and US Tour, but nothing for Europe so far.

After the second bandwave, I really don't know what to expect for the third ... *curious*

Think our tastes might be fairly similar Baxxx as feel there is a definite lull in quality in the middle of the festival. I hope a 'big' headliner on Saturday will help sort that out. Not someone cool necessarily but someone who can put on a good show with tunes you know as, for me, I'm not a fan of Garrix on the Friday or Post Malone on the Sunday. Am hoping they have a big one lined up as it's the only one they're keeping back - a Coldplay, RHCP, Ariana Grande, Strokes or even Tame Impala.

Lower down the bill, I'm hoping Black Honey are announced - they're in Romania that weekend and are a great live act with a great debut album. Tash Sultana would also be great, as would the Twilight Sad, Royal Blood or Rolling Blackouts C.F.

I'd also like Kylie to appear.....but that's just a personal thing!

Edited by swelsbyuk

8 hours ago, Baxxx said:

Coldplay or Ariana.

Marina, George Ezra, Foals, Bloc Party, Jorja Smith, Billie Ellish.

That's what I'm expecting and would be happy with.