1 minute ago, swelsbyuk said:

I was being slightly facetious with my comments and thanks for the advice on other things to do at the festival - this will be our first visit.

Compared to Post Malone I'd take Coldplay every day of the week. Although, in fairness, I'd take Bananarama over Post Malone.

No worries - Last year was my first time and it struck me how much there is to do.

Think Shawn Mendes/Kygo were the headliners one night so we went to the circus then spent a couple of hours in the comedy theatre (wouldn't have had time for it otherwise). It was great!

15 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Catfish will be main stage not a38?

Based on where people are listed on the website it definitely seems like catfish will be main stage and following the same logic, as razorlight are 4th down on Wednesday below the blaze and kodaline maybe they'll headline a38 rather than be on main stage (logic being based on listing of chvrches- also 4th down on their day and confirmed on a38) . Hard to tell though I think because they're on the first day so they'll want to have a strong start

Edited by Rohan14

pretty weak bandwave for my taste...

however I hope as last headliner we get a cool indierock act like the killers or the strokes or some really big name like coldplay or RHCP.

ariana grande would be make sziget rather a "top of the pops" show than a well regarded festival with diverse lineup.

my two cents tho

1 hour ago, On The Blend said:

How many A38 headliners do people think we have? I know Chvrches are headlining on Thursday, maybe Years and Years on the Sunday if they're not subbing Post and Catfish on the Monday? 

Maybe I read too much into ticket list, but I'd go for Kodaline, Chvrches, Jungle and maybe Son Lux

31 minutes ago, Baxxx said:

pretty weak bandwave for my taste...

however I hope as last headliner we get a cool indierock act like the killers or the strokes or some really big name like coldplay or RHCP.

ariana grande would be make sziget rather a "top of the pops" show than a well regarded festival with diverse lineup.

my two cents tho

I would argue that it's pretty well rounded. Got Ed Sheeran for pop, Post for rap, Florence, 1975 & Foo for indie, 21 pilots for Hip/hop, Garrix for EDM. A wide range of foreign bands as well as UK/US artists. Only thing it's missing is "rock" but in my eyes Sziget seem to be steering away from rock artists as presumably they don't sell as many tickets as the big "pop" names do.

For example, Ed Sheeran's day has already sold out, so its evident artists like this are big ticket sellers, so they are going to keep going down this trend as far as I can see as it's what people will willingly pay to see.

Honestly don't know who the strokes are but would be happy with RCHP/Killers/Coldplay and also think they would sell well for the festival

Edited by FestivalJamie

26 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I would argue that it's pretty well rounded. Got Ed Sheeran for pop, Post for rap, Florence, 1975 & Foo for indie, 21 pilots for Hip/hop, Garrix for EDM. A wide range of foreign bands as well as UK/US artists. Only thing it's missing is "rock" but in my eyes Sziget seem to be steering away from rock artists as presumably they don't sell as many tickets as the big "pop" names do.

Since when Foo Fighters are an indie act and not a proper rock band? :D I think that they're the most "hard rock" Sziget can get in its current format... definitely the hardest rock band in the last few years at this festival and a better live act than Muse or (the current) RHCP in my opinion.

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Since when Foo Fighters are an indie act and not a proper rock band? :D I think that they're the most "hard rock" Sziget can get in its current format... definitely the hardest rock band in the last few years at this festival and a better live act than Muse or (the current) RHCP in my opinion.

Muse have always been miles better live than RHCP? And i was gonna comment this, Foos are far more rock than any of RHCP, Coldplay and Killers.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

Muse have always been miles better live than RHCP? And i was gonna comment this, Foos are far more rock than any of RHCP, Coldplay and Killers.

I agree with Muse being better live than the current RHCP (however RHCP have more great albums & songs, I love their '90s era the most and I enjoy their 2000s era as well) and I agree about Foos being more rock and even better live than any of Muse, RHCP, Coldplay or The Killers. :D

If they would want something even more harder than Foo Fighters they would have to book Tool, Rammstein or something like that... I would love to see this, but don't really think it's possible for the current Sziget standards. Maybe Green Day would fit the line-up too, but as far as I read elsewhere, they won't tour this year. I think that Foos were the best hard rock band that we could get because they're also mainstream, so they're "good for business".

Edited by #1SzigetFan

3 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I agree with Muse being better live than the current RHCP (however RHCP have more great albums & songs, I love their '90s era the most and I enjoy their 2000s era as well) and I agree about Foos being more rock and even better live than any of Muse, RHCP, Coldplay or The Killers. :D

The thing is with RHCP and Muse they can't fit all their tunes into a setlist due to their recent albums clogging it up with worse songs. RHCP don't do a greatest hits set really they play like half their tunes most nights. Muse do but they miss out loads of good ones (for me at least)

They all have some pop appeal though (unlike Foos) so I think they're all alright choices. Just want another (proper) announcement.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

The thing is with RHCP and Muse they can't fit all their tunes into a setlist due to their recent albums clogging it up with worse songs. RHCP don't do a greatest hits set really they play like half their tunes most nights. Muse do but they miss out loads of good ones (for me at least)

They all have some pop appeal though (unlike Foos) so I think they're all alright choices. Just want another (proper) announcement.

Agreed. Quite a lot of bands who have been going for a long time need a bit more self-awareness. Fans pay a lot of money to see them and they want to see and hear the hits interspersed with new songs, not new songs interspersed with hits.

I'm not particularly a fan but U2 do this well, as do Coldplay. Red Hot Chili Peppers do it badly - Anthony chooses a different setlist each night so it really depends on his mood whether you get the songs you want or not. 

3 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

Also what sort of prices are we looking at for food and drink on the site?

Cheaper than elsewhere,  a pint is about 2,5€, cocktail 4€, palinka 3€.

Food is really varied and also the prices. 

Consider that camping area is mixed with festival site. 

14 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

Hi guys looking for a bit of advice, has anyone ever paid for pre pitched tent, if so what’s it like camping in the heat on site? 

Also what sort of prices are we looking at for food and drink on the site?

Prepitched in 2015, not worth it as they were set in plain lack of shade and their quality was so low that it rained inside completely flooding the tent. 

If you really don't wanna bring a tent, make in order to be there 1 day before or early morning and buy one in loco

@Brandohoff This will be my third Sziget. I've never camped and always stayed in an Airbnb in the city. We much prefer this because it feels more like a holiday but I know there are a lot of things that you miss out on not staying on the island. It depends if you want the full festival vibe or a holiday with music and festival thrown in.