1 minute ago, thetime said:

You’re doing reading like me, see all headliners at both fests. :wacko:

Haven’t booked it yet due to so much clashing, probably will anyway though when I get back if I am craving another festival. Seriously considering trying to get my friend to somewhere else - really not many acts we like touring this Summer though.

4 minutes ago, everest said:

Pretty weak. If I go, I will go only on Tuesday 13th. But expecting at least one more bigger name that day. I will see Foo Fighters two days in a row in Pula, so its not matter of life and death to go to Sziget. Frank Carter could be interesting, other names not so much.

Idles are also a great live act. I’ve got tickets just for that day also.

• Upvote 1

Need to do some exploring of some of those acts but the only two that interest are, for me in the UK, the nostalgia acts of Franz Ferdinand and Razorlight. Post Malone is about as far removed from my kind of act as you can get. I will be elsewhere in the city on Sunday night!

The Saturday headliner needs to be huge in order to stem the disappointment of this announcement.

Coldplay?

Edited by swelsbyuk

5 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Need to do some exploring of some of those acts but the only two that interest are, for me in the UK, the nostalgia acts of Franz Ferdinand and Razorlight. Post Malone is about as far removed from my kind of act as you can get. I will be elsewhere in the city on Sunday night!

The Saturday headliner needs to be huge in order to stem the disappointment of this announcement.

Coldplay?

Still thinking Ariana for the next announcement. We still have the co-headliner with Martin Garrix to announce as well. 

Coldplay would be insane.

Pretty pleased with this announcement, annoying it's the same headliners as Reading but happy with Iamddb/Valeras/Sigala/Franz Ferdinand & Years and Years

21 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Still thinking Ariana for the next announcement. We still have the co-headliner with Martin Garrix to announce as well. 

Is Martin Garrix actually a co headliner? I think I asked but he definitely could headline off his own back, he is one of the biggest if not the biggest EDM act (excusing SHM's comeback) right now.

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Is Martin Garrix actually a co headliner? I think I asked but he definitely could headline off his own back, he is one of the biggest if not the biggest EDM act (excusing SHM's comeback) right now.

Just seems likely because Kygo and Shawn co-headlined last year, and last year they had a total of 8 headliners, and we only have 6 so far(as TOP are subs)...

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Just seems likely because Kygo and Shawn co-headlined last year, and last year they had a total of 8 headliners, and we only have 6 so far(as TOP are subs)...

Martin Garrix is far bigger than Kygo, Kygo is a fair bit past his prime. Certainly bigger than Florence i'd say. I wouldn't be complaining if its an indie co but it doesn't seem likely to me.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Martin Garrix is far bigger than Kygo, Kygo is a fair bit past his prime. Certainly bigger than Florence i'd say. I wouldn't be complaining if its an indie co but it doesn't seem likely to me.

Maybe someone like Foals could sub Garrix??

Thinking we still need the second female headliner, so gonna keep my bets on Ariana for the Saturday night.

Foo Fighters => Arctic Monkeys
Ed Sheeran => Dua Lipa (?)
Florence + the Machine => Lana Del Rey
Post Malone => Kendrick Lamar
The 1975/Richard Ashcroft => Mumford & Sons?
Martin Garrix => Kygo
? => Gorillaz?

I think that we'll get something like Gorillaz or Mumford & Sons. I'm also unsure on the Dua Lipa part. Not sure if it's gonna be a female headliner, because in the festileaks interview Tamas Kadar said that he would choose a quality act (regardless if it's a male/female one) over gender equality.

Now that we have Post Malone, I don't think that we'll get another rap headliner, so Cardi B is unlikely. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they see Ed Sheeran as a Mumford & Sons replacement and The 1975/Richard Ashcroft as a replacement for Gorillaz. In this case something like Ariana Grande / Billie Eilish would be likely.

Best case scenario would be something like The Killers / RHCP as Gorillaz replacement, I think. :D 

Edited by #1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

Coldplay?

There's tonnes of stuff to do at the festival aside from the headliners, the music is a small part of Sziget.

My advice would be to use your spare time to go and explore the island (which comes alive even more at night imo), or watch one of the dozens of other acts who'll be performing on other stages at the same time as Posty. If you go to Sziget and just stand at the 2 main stages you aren't doing it right.

- also, have Coldplay ever stemmed the disappointment of anything?

Edited by ConorC

23 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Foo Fighters => Arctic Monkeys
Ed Sheeran => Dua Lipa (?)
Florence + the Machine => Lana Del Rey
Post Malone => Kendrick Lamar
The 1975/Richard Ashcroft => Mumford & Sons?
Martin Garrix => Kygo
? => Gorillaz?

I think that we'll get something like Gorillaz or Mumford & Sons. I'm also unsure on the Dua Lipa part. Not sure if it's gonna be a female headliner, because in the festileaks interview Tamas Kadar said that he would choose a quality act (regardless if it's a male/female one) over gender equality.

Now that we have Post Malone, I don't think that we'll get another rap headliner, so Cardi B is unlikely. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they see Ed Sheeran as a Mumford & Sons replacement and The 1975/Richard Ashcroft as a replacement for Gorillaz. In this case something like Ariana Grande / Billie Eilish would be likely.

Best case scenario would be something like The Killers / RHCP as Gorillaz replacement, I think. :D 

Please don't do this.

Three are the odds:

- Female pop headliner (although it would be kinda weak to put Ariana Grande/Cardi B/Ellie Goulding after James Blake)

- Indie headliner (which at this point could be The National or Tame Impala, although I believe this is not happening)

- Surprise bigass headliner like Coldplay (Eminem in the lineup is just a meme)

This being said, great part of the main lineup is shaped by now, where we have some meh names (Hucci?!) and some great names (IMO, Jungle, Richie Hawtin, Son Lux, Frank Carter, Frank Turner, Yungblud, Yeasayer, Masego). The whole day is defined for the first and the second days (apart from one name on day 2).

The main stage was already rich and I think we can add to it Post Malone, Franz Ferdinand (3 down after the 1975 and Richard Ashcroft apparently), James Blake, Tove Lo and Years & Years.

I was expecting more names for the Party Arena, but so far I only recall Sigala, W&W, Carnage and Vini Vici belonging to it.

Although I'm really tempted not to go this year I have to say that some days are shaping up really good (Day 4 and 7), while others are really weak (3 and 5). Too bad James Blake's day is not on position of Post Malone's one, I would have considered a 3 days pass, but at this point 3 and 5 are too swaggy  for my tastes and it is not worth to do a 5 Days.

At this point I think they don't have much aces up their sleeves left (apart from maybe one last headliner, but the names I hear through the gravepine does not thrill me that much) and if this is the core from were they start, although it being one of the most solid lineup in the circuit this year, it does not buy me.

16 minutes ago, ConorC said:

There's tonnes of stuff to do at the festival aside from the headliners, the music is a small part of Sziget.

My advice would be to use your spare time to go and explore the island (which comes alive even more at night imo), or watch one of the dozens of other acts who'll be performing on other stages at the same time as Posty. If you go to Sziget and just stand at the 2 main stages you aren't doing it right.

- also, have Coldplay ever stemmed the disappointment of anything?

I was being slightly facetious with my comments and thanks for the advice on other things to do at the festival - this will be our first visit.

Compared to Post Malone I'd take Coldplay every day of the week. Although, in fairness, I'd take Bananarama over Post Malone.

15 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I was being slightly facetious with my comments and thanks for the advice on other things to do at the festival - this will be our first visit.

Must echo this, best festival I’ve been to and I’ve been doing festivals for 25 years. 

I would put it above Glastonbury. 

Edited by thetime

9 minutes ago, thetime said:

Must echo this, best festival I’ve been to and I’ve been doing festivals for 25 years. 

I would put it above Glastonbury. 

Great to hear this, thank you. We have no experience of Glastonbury (other than on TV!) but certainly sounds like a major recommendation! We've only done Latitude - on a number of occasions. I suspect we'll see notice some major differences!

We are treating Sziget as a city break with music and very happy with the line-up so far......just not a fan of Post Malone lol.

Edited by swelsbyuk