15 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

I think the general consensus is that Garrix will co-headline with someone, more like a closing set than a full headline slot. 

Ah, I must've missed that, and it makes sense too. Hoping we get Foals on the second stage that evening! 

Edited by swelsbyuk
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Can not see anyone but Ashcroft subbing 1975, unless he is in the A38 with chvrches. 

Agreed, as Ashcroft looks to be the subheadliner by the bill. Point is that a day with Ashcroft-1975 is the weakest solution for everybody that is not English, and it would be more natural to think The 1975 to coheadliner with somebody TBA.

Chvrches are headline in a38, confirmed by press at the announcement

22 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Pretty sure A38 headliner slot is 23:45-1:00 and the main stage headliner ends at 23:00. Correct me If I'm wrong though.

Correct. It is not an official headliner slot, the A38 is more anarchic in organization, but traditionally speaking, the main non-electronic names in the last years played at that time, with few exceptions (Flume at 1.30, Nick Murphy at 1.30, Editors at 22.00, so on so forth)

To me Ashcroft and the 1975 seems like a combo to bring in English punters, likely with an electronic headliner on A38.

I'm happy to be corrected here but I feel we're missing a co-head size act under Garrix and two headliners for Saturday and Sunday. The smart money is probably on a rock/ indie act under Garrix and then pop/hiphop/rap headliners over the weekend. I don't know nearly enough about touring schedules to make educated guesses though. 

2 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Correct. It is not an official headliner slot, the A38 is more anarchic in organization, but traditionally speaking, the main non-electronic names in the last years played at that time, with few exceptions (Flume at 1.30, Nick Murphy at 1.30, Editors at 22.00, so on so forth)

yeah thats what i would say too.

it will be interesting to see, if we share more bands with way out west and flow festival, as they do have the same owner as sziget. wouldn't mind sharing the cure (highly unlikely unfortunately), tame impala or robyn

3 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

How long does it take to get from the main stage to the A38 with all the crowds? Just wondering if it will be easy to get near to the front of Chvrches at 23:45 after watching the 1975 or whether there will be huge crowds all going in the same direction meaning we end up right at the back of the tent?

10 minutes top if crowded, now that there is not only one entrance it is really easy to go from one to another

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

The National are subbing FATM in London in July. They are also in Romania on 10 August with a gap to 14 August. Any chance they might play Sziget before FATM on 12 August? Are they a 'Sziget' band? 

Not properly, but if we had Sigur Ros or PJ Harvey, I say why not

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

The National are subbing FATM in London in July. They are also in Romania on 10 August with a gap to 14 August. Any chance they might play Sziget before FATM on 12 August? Are they a 'Sziget' band? 

That would make me a very happy bunny. The National are excellent live. 

We probably won't get all three headliners tomorrow will we? Reckon they could save the biggest name to a later date? 

Pretty sure the possible names are: Ariana, Ellie Goulding, Coldplay?, RCHP, Tame impala

Could see the following co-headlining: Travis Scott, A$AP Rocky, Foals, The National

Can't see it being anyone like The Strokes/The Cure as Sziget have definitely been going for a more pop vibe lately.

Cardi B possibly?

Undercard can see: George Ezra, Royal Blood, Billie Ellish, Mura Masa, Wilkinson, Sub focus, Marina, Sigma, Ella eyre, The Wombats potentially.

Could the Killers happen? First date in the main festival season announced for early July so they could come to Europe? Would absolutely love to see them and haven't played Sziget for 7 years - would play on the weekend I guess. Would absolute love to see this happen, hopefully its a thing. Would be very happy with Tame though too or Strokes/Foals (and rhcp/coldplay but doubt they are happening, too big)

https://www.thekillersmusic.com/tour

26 minutes ago, gfa said:

Could the Killers happen? First date in the main festival season announced for early July so they could come to Europe? Would absolutely love to see them and haven't played Sziget for 7 years - would play on the weekend I guess. Would absolute love to see this happen, hopefully its a thing. Would be very happy with Tame though too or Strokes/Foals (and rhcp/coldplay but doubt they are happening, too big)

https://www.thekillersmusic.com/tour

Killers would be cool, worth remembering they had another increase in budget for bookings this year. I know that budget was pretty much spent on Ed however that means we are able to have a line up as big as last years + Ed to top off the line up, so will interesting to see if they book anyone else really "big" as we are kind of missing that at the moment, although it is an excellent line up.