11 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

There is no proper campsite at Sziget, you can pitch the tent right next to a stage. This said, there are restricted area on the edge of the island, inside the stages (obviously) and in some other areas: except for these, you can sleep everywhere.

So, answer is no, you don't need to smuggle alcool in the campsite, but you need to make it through the entrance of the island!

Ah thats what I meant then, is it hard to get it in what kind of searches do they do? Or can you just wheel it in on a trolley?

17 minutes ago, gfa said:

Ah thats what I meant then, is it hard to get it in what kind of searches do they do? Or can you just wheel it in on a trolley?

They do alright searches but it's generally not to hard to get alcohol in so long as you're fairly careful or inventive. We mostly got ours through in a mixture of bottles of water with some having it in, hidden in less searchable  areas(even shoes) if you have smallish bottles and even things like hidden at the bottom of cereal boxes etc

Edited by Rohan14
Typo

5 minutes ago, Rohan14 said:

They do alright searches but it's generally not to hard to get alcohol in so long as you're fairly careful or inventive. We mostly got ours through in a mixture of bottles of water with some having it in, hidden in less searchable  areas(even shoes) if you have smallish bottles and even things like hidden at the bottom of cereal boxes etc

Yeah, we've done resealed water bottles which worked well before for a day festival (although if we fly out we'll be camping the whole time probably so we won't be able to reseal bottles). For Reading in the UK I wrapped up stuff in sleeping bags etc, cereal boxes is a good one.

Has anyone been on the bus from London, would you be able to recommend a good bus company (party bus)

2 hours ago, Rohan14 said:

Dont bring em from home, in Hungary they cost less (and surprisingly for the cost some of them are good quality). My suggestion is to check in, then leave the island for the auchan half a mile away (10 mins walk, easy to find), and buy there. Now, my method is usually the following:

Go with at least a friend and bring a hoodie each in your bag, possibly dark coloured; buy a bag of chips each, the largest the better, buy shots of vodka/rum/... (they cost like 10 cents each, taste like shit but do their job well) and small bottles (0.35-0.4 if I do remember correctly).

Snuggle the bottles in your underwear or in the bag around the hoodie, be careful that it cant be felt by touching the bag and that it doesnt look like you are so happy to get inside the island til having a huge erection. Put a small number of shots in each bag: put them well under but for one of the guys, the first in line, dont hide them too well. At the boarder to get in, make noise in order that guards understand that you are a group of friends and make in order that the first to be searched is the guy with the badly hidden shots. 99% of cases they will take the bag away and let the rest of the group go with poor searching as they will believe that they took all your alchool stash. Even if that doesnt work as they look in every bag of chips, you still have plan A your bags and plan B your underwear.

Enjoy!

21 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Dont bring em from home, in Hungary they cost less (and surprisingly for the cost some of them are good quality). My suggestion is to check in, then leave the island for the auchan half a mile away (10 mins walk, easy to find), and buy there. Now, my method is usually the following:

Go with at least a friend and bring a hoodie each in your bag, possibly dark coloured; buy a bag of chips each, the largest the better, buy shots of vodka/rum/... (they cost like 10 cents each, taste like shit but do their job well) and small bottles (0.35-0.4 if I do remember correctly).

Snuggle the bottles in your underwear or in the bag around the hoodie, be careful that it cant be felt by touching the bag and that it doesnt look like you are so happy to get inside the island til having a huge erection. Put a small number of shots in each bag: put them well under but for one of the guys, the first in line, dont hide them too well. At the boarder to get in, make noise in order that guards understand that you are a group of friends and make in order that the first to be searched is the guy with the badly hidden shots. 99% of cases they will take the bag away and let the rest of the group go with poor searching as they will believe that they took all your alchool stash. Even if that doesnt work as they look in every bag of chips, you still have plan A your bags and plan B your underwear.

Enjoy!

I'd be careful about sharing smuggling tips - security might be reading ?

3 hours ago, adequate8 said:

Anybody ever stayed in The pod pads? Any good? They’re by the bridge I believe? Good showers/facilities?

same goes for wooden houses in vip, and is the pool good or super busy? 

Any info would be brill 

Last year I think the PodPad Village replaced Bridge Camping beside the K Bridge entrance but this year Bridge Camping is back and being advertised as being in that place again so the location of them may change this year so keep that in mind! I haven't stayed in either so can't help you out much there sorry!  

10 hours ago, adequate8 said:

Anybody ever stayed in The pod pads? Any good? They’re by the bridge I believe? Good showers/facilities?

Any info would be brill 

Pod Pads is a good camping site next to the bridge with showers and facilities but no shadow for tents ... I never could sleep until 9 am, so I'd slept about twenty hours in total in the week. ..

17 hours ago, adequate8 said:

Any info would be brill 

The pool tends to be busy at all times, but you'll always be able to get a spot. People tend to sit on the side of the pool with their feet inside water, but there's not much people really swimming around. So even though it is kind of busy, it does not directly disturb you, as it is expected to be busy.

During last days you'll start to notice some dirt inside the water, but i suppose it just happens after 5-6 days of constant use.

9 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Reckon George Ezra could possibly headline/co-headline one of the days, as they need another "pop" headliner, as they usually have at least two.

George Ezra in Hungary, despite the song Budapest, is well far from being even a subheadliner (but he is a worthy 2nd spot)

59 minutes ago, Baxxx said:

So still nothing from the official site. Guess we have to wait until middle/end of february until we get new bands? 

Last year I think the 2nd announcement came around 19th February, so imagine it will be about the same this year. All depends on ticket sales though, as they will probably want to use the next announcement as an excuse to hike the tickets up to the next price tier, however if they are selling well at the moment, they will probably leave it for a while longer before they announce new bands to try and increase sales.

Edited by FestivalJamie

55 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Last year I think the 2nd announcement came around 19th February, so imagine it will be about the same this year. All depends on ticket sales though, as they will probably want to use the next announcement as an excuse to hike the tickets up to the next price tier, however if they are selling well at the moment, they will probably leave it for a while longer before they announce new bands to try and increase sales.

If its selling well, then they will hike prices up soon to capitalise on this surely?

could the fact that they wait to announce bands help to get some acts that aren't playing every festival around this time?

I still hope for weezer, the strokes, kate nash, marina (and the diamonds), vampire weekend, EMINEM (even if unexpected), editors, ...

well, we can only wait and hope, I guess...

3 hours ago, Baxxx said:

could the fact that they wait to announce bands help to get some acts that aren't playing every festival around this time?

I still hope for weezer, the strokes, kate nash, marina (and the diamonds), vampire weekend, EMINEM (even if unexpected), editors, ...

well, we can only wait and hope, I guess...

It’s normal to announce bands every so often, majority of festivals do it this way.

To be honest, I feel like this second announcement is gonna be too hard to predict. For the first announcement, we could base predictions a lot off the Reading headliners, and also we knew Florence was likely to return as she's making it round the festivals this season. However, for this announcement, there are so many different possibilities for acts that could be added that makes it almost unpredictable.

First of all, looking at Reading's new announcement and the current line up at Reading; I think it is likely we will get Billie Ellish, Royal Blood, Blossoms, Mura Masa or The Wombats in the next Sziget announcement. These acts would only sub at best though.

Throwing more acts into the potential undercard which have performed at Sziget before, Ella Eyre, George Ezra, Tom Odell, Marina. Could definitely see Editors thrown into the mix as well.

Honestly there's so many possibilities, however we still have at least 3 headliners to go. I would expect one more of these to be a pop headliner and one to be rap, making the last rock/indie. Therefore I am going to take a guess at Ellie Goulding to return with her new album, Eminem as the rap headline and Tame Impala, who could potentially co-headline with someone else.

To be honest, I'm probably completely wrong and this is just my take on things; there's also DJ acts to consider but that once again seems unpredictable to me.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

To be honest, I feel like this second announcement is gonna be too hard to predict. For the first announcement, we could base predictions a lot off the Reading headliners, and also we knew Florence was likely to return as she's making it round the festivals this season. However, for this announcement, there are so many different possibilities for acts that could be added that makes it almost unpredictable.

First of all, looking at Reading's new announcement and the current line up at Reading; I think it is likely we will get Billie Ellish, Royal Blood, Blossoms, Mura Masa or The Wombats in the next Sziget announcement. These acts would only sub at best though.

Throwing more acts into the potential undercard which have performed at Sziget before, Ella Eyre, George Ezra, Tom Odell, Marina. Could definitely see Editors thrown into the mix as well.

Honestly there's so many possibilities, however we still have at least 3 headliners to go. I would expect one more of these to be a pop headliner and one to be rap, making the last rock/indie. Therefore I am going to take a guess at Ellie Goulding to return with her new album, Eminem as the rap headline and Tame Impala, who could potentially co-headline with someone else.

To be honest, I'm probably completely wrong and this is just my take on things; there's also DJ acts to consider but that once again seems unpredictable to me.

It’ll be my first time at Sziget but the unpredictability is great! 

Hoping we don’t get the pop headliner on Sunday! 

7 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

There's some interesting thoughts. 

Blossoms played Sziget last year, so they probably won't return so soon. Billie Eilish and Mura Masa can play late night A38 slot, but there's no way they can sub main stage now. The Wombats are a good shout, haven't played Sziget since 2008 and Hungary since 2015, and as I know they are kinda popular there. Royal Blood could go down so well before Foo Fighters, four hour long madness, but they'll probably co-headline with The 1975 to make this day even more attractive for Brits. 

Talking about headliners, seems that many festivals are waiting for someone big to announce all dates of its tour at once, so Eminem is an option. Last year he announced his July tour in the end of January, so there's still some time to do it. But considering Sziget already have two really expensive artists (Ed Sheeran and Foo Fighters) I'm not so sure about him.

I think that we'll get Travis Scott / A$AP Rocky / Macklemore as hip-hop headliner, The Prodigy as electronic headliner and Tame Impala as indie one. Franz Ferdinand and The Good the Bad & the Queen could sub main stage or play A38 opposite main stage headliner.

Edited by Mondo-kun

2 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

There's some interesting thoughts. 

Blossoms played Sziget last year, so they probably won't return so soon. Billie Eilish and Mura Masa can play late night A38 slot, but there's no way they can sub main stage now. The Wombats are a good shout, haven't played Sziget since 2008 and Hungary since 2015, and as I know they are kinda popular there. Royal Blood could go down so well before Foo Fighters, four hour long madness, but they'll probably co-headline with The 1975 to make this day even more attractive for Brits. 

Talking about headliners, seems that many festivals are waiting for someone big to announce all dates of its tour at once, so Eminem is an option. Last year he announced his July tour in the end of January, so there's still some time to do it. But considering Sziget already have two really expensive artists (Ed Sheeran and Foo Fighters) I'm not so sure about him.

I think that we'll get Travis Scott / A$AP Rocky / Macklemore as hip-hop headliner, The Prodigy as electronic headliner and Tame Impala as indie one. Franz Ferdinand and The Good the Bad & the Queen could sub main stage or play A38 opposite main stage headliner.

This will be my family's first visit to Sziget and we were attracted by the acts already announced so anything extra will be a bonus for us. I agree that booking Eminem on top of Ed Sheeran and Foo Fighters would be mega-expensive but phenomenal. However, I suspect Travis Scott is more likely. I think Tame Impala are also nailed on. I'm surprised that The Prodigy is still seen as a headline act but it also wouldn't surprise me if they appear, along with Royal Blood.

Christine and the Queens would make my wife and daughter very happy.