I would say one more pop headliner and one from Hip hop department. 

Are 1975  headlining that Thursday or can we expect another rock act instead?

Really thinking of going either first or last three days but this is so expensive considering standard in my country, i'm going to go broke with all concerts and festivals this year

1 hour ago, activean said:

I would say one more pop headliner and one from Hip hop department. 

Are 1975  headlining that Thursday or can we expect another rock act instead?

Really thinking of going either first or last three days but this is so expensive considering standard in my country, i'm going to go broke with all concerts and festivals this year

Ah hope not, was thinking maybe Liam Gallagher as a suggestion, not sure when he last played or how big he is there but could work out? Hope if its pop and hip hop they have crossover like George Ezra does with indie or its like Travis Scott or a respected rapper and not like post malone

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Ah hope not, was thinking maybe Liam Gallagher as a suggestion, not sure when he last played or how big he is there but could work out? Hope if its pop and hip hop they have crossover like George Ezra does with indie or its like Travis Scott or a respected rapper and not like post malone

Didn't Liam play last year?

1 minute ago, polnico said:

Didn't Liam play last year?

Yeah he did. I expect an announcement next week what with Leeds fest tomorrow and several other festivals having announcements recently. Reading and Leeds tomorrow could give us a better idea of what to expect as they always share artists

Edited by Rohan14

2 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Is sziget like glasto where you can take your booze to the stages? Or like most festivals where you can only buy from bars within the arena?

Sziget doesn't have an arena, it's just one big site. So I would imagine you can take your booze around to any section of the festival you like however I don't know this for certain :)

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

Sziget doesn't have an arena, it's just one big site. So I would imagine you can take your booze around to any section of the festival you like however I don't know this for certain :)

Yeah bars everywhere and you can take drinks anywhere on the island you're just not allowed to take any alcohol from outside the festival in

Just now, adequate8 said:

Ah was gonna stay in an Airbnb so maybe have to smuggle ??‍♂️

Prices aren't too bad compared to some festivals particularly in England but with it being a festival it's not cheap and is definitely better value getting drinks outside in supermarkets like the nearby and well priced auchan. Definitely not too hard to smuggle drinks in so long as it's not obvious though

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Liam played last year. 

One of the organizers of Sziget just recently said in an interview to Festileaks that the market for hip-hop keeps growing. Hard to see them having no hip-hop headliner at all.  

3 hours ago, Baxxx said:

Didn't they also say, they wanted to create the best possible lineup sziget ever had and big names are important for the bill?

In that case they should book EMINEM festival/europe exclusive as hip hop headliner and maybe The Strokes or RHCP as Sunday head?

I think maybe swap them, like that lots of 3 days tickets would sell for the strokes, mon, foos, it would be best to have rhcp/strokes saturday to get 5 days/7 days sold. Would also mean pop people wouldneed 5 days for ed and eminem.

21 hours ago, Rohan14 said:

Yeah he did. I expect an announcement next week what with Leeds fest tomorrow and several other festivals having announcements recently. Reading and Leeds tomorrow could give us a better idea of what to expect as they always share artists

Would take Anderson Paak and Royal Blood from the Leeds/Reading announcent, rest is toilet.

2 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Would take Anderson Paak and Royal Blood from the Leeds/Reading announcent, rest is toilet.

I think royal blood is pretty likely fits with sziget and means they're playing sziget one weekend followed by lowlands and then reading/Leeds the weekends after

On 1/30/2019 at 8:21 PM, adequate8 said:

Is sziget like glasto where you can take your booze to the stages? Or like most festivals where you can only buy from bars within the arena?

You can smuggle, but compared to English festivals alcohol is cheap. Much more like pub prices. £2-3 a pint and cocktails for less than a fiver in my experience. A much better range of drinks than most British festivals too.

If you order cocktails they often mix them in a way that would make the Health & Safety executive in the UK have heart failure. You might get each spirit poured straight into your mouth to see whether you’re ‘ready’ for it before they pour it freehand into the drink itself. They also serve cocktails in buckets which people randomly share with strangers - which is a great way of meeting people!

The local shot, Palinka, has lots of different flavours which all taste like bleach but has an instant effect which feels much like that bit at the beginning of ‘Hey Boy, Hey Girl’ where it goes ‘Wawawaawawwawahhhhh’.

We always take our own spirits everywhere in Glastonbury but at Sziget we didn’t bother with the hassle of smuggling. The various Sziget style drinking is half the fun!

27 minutes ago, amfy said:

You can smuggle, but compared to English festivals alcohol is cheap. Much more like pub prices. £2-3 a pint and cocktails for less than a fiver in my experience. A much better range of drinks than most British festivals too.

If you order cocktails they often mix them in a way that would make the Health & Safety executive in the UK have heart failure. You might get each spirit poured straight into your mouth to see whether you’re ‘ready’ for it before they pour it freehand into the drink itself. They also serve cocktails in buckets which people randomly share with strangers - which is a great way of meeting people!

The local shot, Palinka, has lots of different flavours which all taste like bleach but has an instant effect which feels much like that bit at the beginning of ‘Hey Boy, Hey Girl’ where it goes ‘Wawawaawawwawahhhhh’.

We always take our own spirits everywhere in Glastonbury but at Sziget we didn’t bother with the hassle of smuggling. The various Sziget style drinking is half the fun!

Fun fact about Palinka:

In 4 Szigets, every night I decided to do Palinka, I ended up fucked up piss drunk wasted. The most memorable time was after Muse show in 2016 when I ended up with a couple others in front of the Colosseum, pissing nearby a yellow submarine installation and moments later i was just half naked (the best parts naked) going around singing WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE to random  people.

Good time, good time

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Fun fact about Palinka:

In 4 Szigets, every night I decided to do Palinka, I ended up fucked up piss drunk wasted. The most memorable time was after Muse show in 2016 when I ended up with a couple others in front of the Colosseum, pissing nearby a yellow submarine installation and moments later i was just half naked (the best parts naked) going around singing WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE to random  people.

Good time, good time

Sounds like i’m going to have to have a sip of the local culture! Although maybe not the half naked bit! Is booze allowed in the campsite then at all or do you have to smuggle it in the campsite too? If theres no arena then i’d assume this if you said you have to smuggle?

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Sounds like i’m going to have to have a sip of the local culture! Although maybe not the half naked bit! Is booze allowed in the campsite then at all or do you have to smuggle it in the campsite too? If theres no arena then i’d assume this if you said you have to smuggle?

There is no proper campsite at Sziget, you can pitch the tent right next to a stage. This said, there are restricted area on the edge of the island, inside the stages (obviously) and in some other areas: except for these, you can sleep everywhere.

So, answer is no, you don't need to smuggle alcool in the campsite, but you need to make it through the entrance of the island!