2 hours ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

A$AP Rocky is touring Europe in July and August. Would he be likely and is he big enough to headline/co-headline?

He is my bet for a coheadline with Martin Garrix (along with Travis Scott).

5 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Booking RHCP alongside Foo Fighters would be my heaven.

However, I can't see it happening for one big reason - cost. The Foos are a stadium band and their fee will be huge. RHCP are in the same price bracket and I just can't see Sziget being able to afford them both.

I may be wrong but if I am I'll be amazed (and over the moon!)

I expect at least another big game name other than Ed Sheeran and Foo Fighters. Could see RHCP fit the ticket, Sziget was behind them since 2014 at least (I remember there was one mission in the mini-game they do yearly about conving RHCP to perform at Sziget lol)

I remember when in 2016 Josh Klingoffer, the guitarist of RHCP told fans on like 10 different occasions that they'll play in Budapest in august. I (and other fans) assumed it's Sziget and in the end they did 2 solo shows 2 weeks after Sziget :lol:

Edited by Nicklord

Balaton Sound, one of Sziget's "sisters" in Hungary, announced The Chainsmokers, Tiesto, J Balvin, G-Eazy, Jess Glynne, Rudimental live, Nicky Romero, Tchami x Malaa, Sofi Tukker, Jauz, Deorro, Vinai, Dubfire & Martin Jensen, so we won't see / got rid of these acts.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Balaton Sound, one of Sziget's "sisters" in Hungary, announced The Chainsmokers, Tiesto, J Balvin, G-Eazy, Jess Glynne, Rudimental live, Nicky Romero, Tchami x Malaa, Sofi Tukker, Jauz, Deorro, Vinai, Dubfire & Martin Jensen, so we won't see / got rid of these acts.

THANK GOD

• Upvote 2

kings of leon leaked for benicassim 2 weeks before, last at sziget in 2015 i really hope we don’t get them? Do you think they’d return this soon? Holding out for the strokes here or rhcp but probably a bit expensive. Kasabian would be nice

3 hours ago, gfa said:

kings of leon leaked for benicassim 2 weeks before, last at sziget in 2015 i really hope we don’t get them? Do you think they’d return this soon? Holding out for the strokes here or rhcp but probably a bit expensive. Kasabian would be nice

I'd say that so far the bets are on The Prodigy (yawn) and The National (although maybe too "classy" for Sziget, nowadays).

I'm honestly more concerned about the undercards, that are more relevant than the main names, this year.

On 1/22/2019 at 2:52 PM, everest said:

The National is free on August 9th between shows in Italy and Romania. They could headline on that day.

Just announced two shows in Scotland on the 6th and 7th of Aug so would mean 5 shows in 5 days if they were booked for the 9th.

Does anyone happen to know when/if this festival tends to sell out? I am after three x 7 day tickets but can't afford to buy them outright until the end of February.

I could pay in instalments, starting now, but it would mean paying an additional £150 which I don't really want to pay out if I can wait until the end of Feb and buy them outright and save some cash.

Best to wait or best to buy now and pay the extra?

Edited by swelsbyuk