1 minute ago, alan_ts said:

7 days - 339€

5 days - 299€

3 days - 219€

Cheers, would you say doing all 7 is worth or just stick with the 5? I am assuming flights will be cheaper as they are further from the festival times if I do 7 days which would counteract the cost?

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

Cheers, would you say doing all 7 is worth or just stick with the 5? I am assuming flights will be cheaper as they are further from the festival times if I do 7 days which would counteract the cost?

I can't answer by myself since I've done max 4 days, I think it depends on how are you into the lineup, how much do you drink/spend per day and mostly if you are prepared to do a 7days party :)

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

I can't answer by myself since I've done max 4 days, I think it depends on how are you into the lineup, how much do you drink/spend per day and mostly if you are prepared to do a 7days party :)

I'm not sold yet, but I like the headliners and a lot of acts down the bill. Nobody is of special interest right now but that probably will change. Did you go to the Tesco DJ thing? any good?

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

I'm not sold yet, but I like the headliners and a lot of acts down the bill. Nobody is of special interest right now but that probably will change. Did you go to the Tesco DJ thing? any good?

No but keep in mind that is a 7 days festival so you will probably going to see 3/4 acts a day you are really interested. 

On dj side I had a great time in Colosseum and in Magic Mirror. 

The first year I went was 2013 and there were good djs also in A38 but now it's only for live act I think. 

Edited by alan_ts

17 hours ago, alan_ts said:

7 days - 339€

5 days - 299€

3 days - 219€

I think these prices are wrong (those will be only the final ones), as if you hover your mouse cursor on the "info" icon which is near the prices, you will see these for "Advance Round 1":

7 days - 319€

5 days - 279€

3 days - 199€

In other words, Luca Bassanese self-confirmed for Sziget 2019, so maybe we'll get some names soon! :D

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I think these prices are wrong (those will be only the final ones), as if you hover your mouse cursor on the "info" icon which is near the prices, you will see these prices for "Advance Round 1":

7 days - 319€

5 days - 279€

3 days - 199€

In other words, Luca Bassanese self-confirmed for Sziget 2019, so maybe we'll get some names soon! :D

My bad I was on mobile and I only see those prices. 

17 hours ago, gfa said:

i would try and go for as long as possible, both times I've been i went for 2 weeks (with 10 days on the island)

i met quite a few people who had travelled over for 5 days and they all regretted it and wished they had of stayed longer :)

Loving the line-up so far for Sziget and giving serious consideration to flying over for it with the family.

Would be me, wife and two kids - 14-year-old girl and 8-year-old boy. Is it suitable for children this young? I've seen mention of a 500,000 capacity which is a bit bigger than our normal size festivals!!

Would probably get a flat in Budapest. Transport system appears decent.

Is there lots to see in the city during the day? Are there vantage points for the main stage without having to take an 8-year-old into the middle of hundreds of thousands of people?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

S

Edited by swelsbyuk

4 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Loving the line-up so far for Sziget and giving serious consideration to flying over for it with the family.

Would be me, wife and two kids - 14-year-old girl and 8-year-old boy. Is it suitable for children this young? I've seen mention of a 500,000 capacity which is a bit bigger than our normal size festivals!!

Is there lots to see in the city during the day? Are there vantage points for the main stage without having to take an 8-year-old into the middle of hundreds of thousands of people?

S

Totally suitable for kids of that age. There's even a Family Camping for families with even smaller kids.

I've never lived the festival without camping but it's pretty easy to go do to the city centre and come back.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Noeliam said:

Tesco Disco is great ;)

And go for the 7 days, especially if you're camping, you'll have a better spot. Even 10 days if you can handle it :)

Wheres 10 days come from? 7 days seems the most right? or can you camp before it starts or something?

7 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

S

500,000 capacity is over the 7 days.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, gfa said:

Wheres 10 days come from? 7 days seems the most right? or can you camp before it starts or something?

Yes the festival is open to campers 3 days before the official start. The vibe then is great, it's empty and you can do a lot of activities that would be impossible during the actual festival. Also, the parties at the camping are awesome, and you get to familiarize yourself with the location more.

• Like 1

Sorry, final question about kids. Do any of you know if everyone needs a full price ticket? As I say, I'm bringing my 14 and 8 years olds, and cannot find an option for kids tickets. If we have to pay 300 euros each for 4 of us it's going to prove to be too expensive unfortunately.

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

Sorry, final question about kids. Do any of you know if everyone needs a full price ticket? As I say, I'm bringing my 14 and 8 years olds, and cannot find an option for kids tickets. If we have to pay 300 euros each for 4 of us it's going to prove to be too expensive unfortunately.

https://szigetfestival.com/en-int/festival-info#!/830/children-at-sziget

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Do any of you have any idea when the 2019 festival may take place? Just been looking to book Airbnb's. In past four years it has started on 7 Aug, 8 Aug, 9 Aug and 10 Aug. Next year, if starting on a Wednesday again, it will be either 5 or 12 Aug I think.

ahm, days are out since the day after the 2018 edition closed... 7 afternoon to 14 daylight

• Upvote 1