Just now, On The Blend said:

Are you saying my joke idea of a Garrix/ The National co-headline has legs? I need to get myself down to the bookies. 

Well yeah, that's what Sziget does quite often. Alt(ish) band + EDM. In 2017 they did that like 3 times, TDCC/Major Lazer, Hurts/Chainsmokers, AltJ/Dmitri Vegas and Like mike

Hi people and Szitizens!

Can you guys help me out with a survey?!

For a historical research on the relationship between Hungary and other countries, I would like to ask you a few questions about Sziget festival via the following survey (link). These are mainly questions about solidarity and your experiences with Szitizens from other countries. All response is welcome!

Thanks in advance!!

Luc

https://www.enquetesmaken.com/s/cfe1b42

On 11/30/2018 at 1:07 PM, SzigetLucNL said:

Hi people and Szitizens!

Can you guys help me out with a survey?!

For a historical research on the relationship between Hungary and other countries, I would like to ask you a few questions about Sziget festival via the following survey (link). These are mainly questions about solidarity and your experiences with Szitizens from other countries. All response is welcome!

Thanks in advance!!

Luc

https://www.enquetesmaken.com/s/cfe1b42

Thanks for all your replies folks!

I hope more of you can help me and fill in the survey form, via the above link.

So nice to read all the positive stories!

Looks like the Sziget subreddit will become the festival's official subreddit soon!

That's pretty cool, I think, because this way the fans will be able to form a community and interact more quickly with the Sziget staff! Let's see what happens. ?

Edited by #1SzigetFan

That subreddit is a bit tragic tbh, 11 months of tumbleweed and then 100 posts of 'I've lost my friend, her name is molly, does anyone know where I can find her?'. I'm behind making it more official though, it could give the place some much needed structure. 

As long as were allowed to badger the mod team for leaks we know are never coming. 

1 hour ago, jjhoney said:

Whats the cheapest way of travelling to Budapest (ideally from midlands although London is possible)? 

Flights is the only viable option, coach you are talking about 27 hours and you won’t be saving much. You could take the Eurostar into Europe and go on the Euro rail, but as before you won’t be saving much.

I am travelling from the midlands and going from Heathrow with BA, price came to £167. Although that was in September so maybe a bit dearer now.

There are plenty of other European airlines flyfrim brim where you would need to change at the likes of Beusels, Paris, Munich, Frankfurt. That will depend on what airline you choose, prices would be around 200ush depends how soon you book. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, adequate8 said:

any advice on where to camp? seems a lot of options! looking like going for 3 days and seeing budapest whilst over there.

it'll be me in the wife, dont wanna be in the mental party areas in our old age

I’m an oldie and find it quite chilled no matter where you camp, you will probably best with one of the upgraded campsites like alternativa. Although that might sound a bit expensive as you are only there for 3 days, might be as cheap just to get hotel. 

We usually go in a upgraded campsite, doing hotel this time which works out only £160 with breakfast for 9 days. 

Mid you do basic camp, further away from the main arenas the quieter it will be. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, adequate8 said:

any advice on where to camp? seems a lot of options! looking like going for 3 days and seeing budapest whilst over there.

it'll be me in the wife, dont wanna be in the mental party areas in our old age

If you are only there for 3 days and want to see Budapest then check out apartments on hotel booking sites & air bnb.

Theres some real bargains and you can see a lot of the sights travelling in and out each day - the boat runs in and out of town into the wee small hours and is spectacular.

from my experience I’d centre your search on Margrit Hid (Bridge) as it’s near enough to the centre to see the city easily, but also near enough to the festival to get in and out quickly and easily til late.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, amfy said:

If you are only there for 3 days and want to see Budapest then check out apartments on hotel booking sites & air bnb.

Theres some real bargains and you can see a lot of the sights travelling in and out each day - the boat runs in and out of town into the wee small hours and is spectacular.

from my experience I’d centre your search on Margrit Hid (Bridge) as it’s near enough to the centre to see the city easily, but also near enough to the festival to get in and out quickly and easily til late.

As next year is our first doing a hotel, how easy is it to get round in the early hours. We are about 3/4 miles from the festival. 

2 hours ago, thetime said:

As next year is our first doing a hotel, how easy is it to get round in the early hours. We are about 3/4 miles from the festival. 

If your talking about leaving the festival it’s easy. There is a taxi rank inside the area and the queues never too bad, also pricing is always honest from the official rank. In town you can always grab a cab but they often rip you off with double fare. If you download the cab app you can book them like Uber and pay the correct price.

@thetime

The taxi queue tends to be huge at the festival but go one stop back towards the city on the train from Filatorigat, (Szentelek Ter?) there are a few taxis there and you can jump straight in one! (I hate myself for telling this on a public forum because it’s a brilliant trick!)

The train runs as far as Margrit Hid til very late (maybe all night?) but you hit a dead end there. We have had to walk back to central Budapest from there before now.

I have never thought the walk to the train station is particularly significant, & & there are loads of people coming home from the festival that you natter to and have a laugh with. It’s all part of the festival for us. I also love the way we all literally sit on the edge of the track on the platform kerb until the train comes rolling round the bend.

The boats run til about 3am but again, only to Margrit Hid. 

Thats why we always centre our search on Margrit Hid now. It’s easy to get that far - it’s after that it gets a bit hit & miss.

We took a taxi every night this year and wait was never more than 20 minutes, queue can be long but it moves fast. I guess wait will depend on when you leave though...one night (forget which) we didn’t fancy the queue and took one of the taxis in the street outside but the fare was double and I don’t reckon we saved any time ultimately...

2 hours ago, amfy said:

@thetime

The taxi queue tends to be huge at the festival but go one stop back towards the city on the train from Filatorigat, (Szentelek Ter?) there are a few taxis there and you can jump straight in one! (I hate myself for telling this on a public forum because it’s a brilliant trick!)

The train runs as far as Margrit Hid til very late (maybe all night?) but you hit a dead end there. We have had to walk back to central Budapest from there before now.

I have never thought the walk to the train station is particularly significant, & & there are loads of people coming home from the festival that you natter to and have a laugh with. It’s all part of the festival for us. I also love the way we all literally sit on the edge of the track on the platform kerb until the train comes rolling round the bend.

The boats run til about 3am but again, only to Margrit Hid. 

Thats why we always centre our search on Margrit Hid now. It’s easy to get that far - it’s after that it gets a bit hit & miss.

Cheers for the information, much appreciated.