22 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

That dat is basically built for english people. Last year GB was the most present country at the festival, over Netherlands (due to hiatus of Glasto): Sziget wants to hold that record, so probably it will be X - X - Richard Ashcroft - The 1975.

What we lack of in this clusterfuck of great names is exclusives. Last year we had Lana del Rey and Mumford and Sons. I could see them booking a last third big game name like Coldplay or Eminem or RHCP (as those three are the ones on the bucket list of many since ages). 

This announcement is great because there is no(t much) electronic stuff involved (and the few names involved are quality), which is something Sziget have to calibrate for next steps.

Sounds like you have experience of Sziget. Do you think Twenty One Pilots would clash with Foos?

40 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

What we lack of in this clusterfuck of great names is exclusives. Last year we had Lana del Rey and Mumford and Sons. I could see them booking a last third big game name like Coldplay or Eminem or RHCP (as those three are the ones on the bucket list of many since ages).

actually ed sheeran is kind of festival exclusive, as this rock in firenze is more of a couple of separate days.

i think we'll get one more or less ecxlusive and one head doing more dates, but hasn't announced a lot/anything so far. at least one of them being a pop/edm artist

Edited by eivomracsy

12 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Nah more likely Foo will get 15 mins more as Arctic did last year. Main Stage is already tight with 4 bands per day.

Well, every Foos' show is at least 2h long. This year Gorillaz played 1:45, so I'm sure Foos wil get their additional 30 minutes (or hopefully 60).
To start the day a little earlier is also not a problem. 

Edited by Mondo-kun

9 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Cheers. Does it matter where in the city I stay, will travelling times be under 1 hour to the island?

Stay in the centre and take a taxi in and out. As your only there that one day the conveniences is worth the extra cost. Takes 20 minutes from centre to festival. Coming back depends on when you leave as taxi queue will build but it won’t be too much of a wait.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Noeliam said:

he would sub, so the 3 would follow each others for the UK crowd

Are people assuming that Ashcroft will sub? Tbh I thought he was a bit of a nobody these days, has he been bringing out smash albums that have passed me by or is the assumption that he can sub based on people singing along to bittersweet symphony? 

4 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Are people assuming that Ashcroft will sub? Tbh I thought he was a bit of a nobody these days, has he been bringing out smash albums that have passed me by or is the assumption that he can sub based on people singing along to bittersweet symphony? 

Agreed. No way he's subbing. My guess is that he'll play before the sub-headliner or headlining A38.

This one was maybe the best Sziget announcement in the past few years... looks like the new owners really know business.

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Ashcroft into foo fighters would be mint, then again Ashcroft in A38 after foos would be equally fantastic. 

Ashcroft will play on the 8th, Foos on the 13th. :P 

Edited by #1SzigetFan