"* Wherever I May Roam Black Tickets are non-transferable and if re-sold will be revoked. Each ticket is good for entry to Metallica specific shows and may not be used for festivals, promotional shows, benefit concerts or any other dates not included in the 25 city tour announced on September 24, 2018."

Source: https://www.metallica.com/news/2018-09-24-european-summer-vacation.html

6 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I hope that the extra options for the 5-day passes period also mean that A38 will be open on the first day, so maybe some of us could have something better to see than Ed Sheeran. ?

Good spot, hopefully you’re correct.

Edited by thetime

43 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

Our group failed to get Glasto tickets today. We are hoping to get 5 day tickets to Sziget in April if we don’t get tickets in the Glasto resale.  Do you think that they will still be available then?

Problem with leaving it until April is the flights will be very expensive. 

5 day ticket are the first to sell out first, I think last year was around June.

Edited by thetime

We are thinking of going to Sziget as we were unsuccessful with Glasto! Just a few questions if that’s okay. 

Whats camping like? Would people recommend staying in a hotel/Airbnb instead ? How much extra is the pods/set up tents etc? 

Is camping included in the price?

Is music through the day and the early evening or all night? How expensive are prices in the festival?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, STEatT said:

We are thinking of going to Sziget as we were unsuccessful with Glasto! Just a few questions if that’s okay. 

Whats camping like? Would people recommend staying in a hotel/Airbnb instead ? How much extra is the pods/set up tents etc? 

Is music through the day and the early evening or all night? How expensive are prices in the festival?

Thanks

Camping is at the same site. It's one big island (Sziget means island). It's included in the price.

Music from 4pm until 6am. Headliners around 10-12pm.

Prices in the city markets are very cheap and you can bring it in the festival site. If you need something to eat or drink there then I don't know. I usually have everything with me :D

1 hour ago, STEatT said:

Thanks

Camping is very much like Glastonbury, where the camping and stages are together unlike festivals like werchter/reading. 

There are different types of camping upgrades available, as well as VIP camping which is basically like the other upgrades but has a swimming pool. You can get a upgrade campsite(extra showers, toilets, enclosed area, lockers) with a pre erected tent for around 170-180 euros. Saying that basic camping is fine as well, just saves you taking a rent on a plane. I am stopping in a hotel next year for the first time, you need to decide pretty quick as reasonably priced hotels get booked up quick. 

Times of bands I would recommend looking at previous clashfinders, to get a good idea of timetables. 

Prices are very inexpensive, works out about £1.70 ish for a pint, you will certainly find it great after UK festivals. 

For me sziget is a better festival than Glastonbury, especially as you have pretty much guaranteed hot weather.

Edited by thetime

Saw this on reddit... it looks like that we can use Sziget's dream lineup app for the 2019 edition, despite they didn't officially announce it yet! :D So, here are the acts I would love to see next year on the Island of Freedom (I don't think that we have too many chances for the first two, but they are asking us for a dream lineup):

3_25447.jpg

What about your dream lineup for next year? The acts I entered in the app are some that I never saw live.

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, activean said:

So far there aren't any news about Faith No More having a tour in 2019, or are they? 

It would be nice to see them do some festivals.

Nothing to be honest, but it's just my wish. Put them in the list because I never saw them live and I dream about them to come out of nowhere and also do a 30 years Anniversary tour for The Real Thing album. :D

14 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I totally think they could fill a serious spot for headliner (as Gorillaz did last year). They sure wouldnt sell out, but still it would be a present for a relevant part of the goers who aren't seeking for a Kygo-like experience

I'm not completely convinced that even the alternative crowd of Sziget would go crazy over The Cure. Will definitely draw a crowd, but they really feel like a niche thing like Manu Chao was a few years back. Kind of like PJ Harvey was a great quality booking, but eventually had non-existing crowd.

1 hour ago, eyebrain said:

I'm not completely convinced that even the alternative crowd of Sziget would go crazy over The Cure. Will definitely draw a crowd, but they really feel like a niche thing like Manu Chao was a few years back. Kind of like PJ Harvey was a great quality booking, but eventually had non-existing crowd.

To be honest, niche for Manu Chao is everybody wanna party without having a big ass headliner (back in the day I found the pick pretty lazy, so I went for Editors - wish I could turn back time). PJ Harvey was set random in a totally different lineup it was so off from the rest of the names that I would be surprised if 10% actually knew her.

The Cure on a set up day with a senseful Main/A38 set could be ace. Think of WhoMadeWho-Bonobo-Gorillaz combo last year.