I know someone who knows the full Metallica announcement and there is no Hungarian date coming. Ed Sheeran and Rammstein both are announcing at correct timeframe and I know of some specific shows happening in July, other parts of Europe. Ed Sheeran would be huge for ticket sales, but the ones I know are big shows, multiple days in same location. Does not sound like a partly-festival tour, but who knows.

• Downvote 2

If that's true, I think that it's going to be Ed Sheeran, because I think that Rammstein are too hardcore for Sziget "standards". ? I would love Rammstein, but can't see it happening. Metallica would be / have been an excellent choice though, because they are way more popular than Rammstein, so they would also sell lots of tickets!

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

If that's true, I think that it's going to be Ed Sheeran, because I think that Rammstein are too hardcore for Sziget "standards". ? I would love Rammstein, but can't see it happening. Metallica would be / have been an excellent choice though, because they are way more popular than Rammstein, so they would also sell lots of tickets!

If they gave up on Metallica, why should they pick Rammstein? Probably more expensive in term of show, less famous, less appealling on a casual audience. I say that if they rejected Metallica, they have rejected Rammstein.

On the other hand, I think that we will get 2 out of Coldplay, Ed Sheeran and Foo Fighters, maybe even 3, depends on budget management. I still put in the cauldron Florence + The Machine; Twenty One Pilots only if in August they are touring festivals, and I still dream about the unexpected exclusive (Eminem). That would make six, add the EDM DJ we need to have, and we are 7, and I am first in line to buy my ticket.

So:
- Coldplay (as big bill name, in place of AM last year)

- Ed Sheeran (as big ass pop name, in place of Lana del Ray last year)

- Foo Fighters (as rock name, in place of Gorillaz last year)

- Eminem (as big ass exclusive, in place of Mumford and Sons last year)

- Florence + The Machine (as generic medium-tier headliner, as Kendrick Lamar last year)

- Twenty One Pilots (as minor headliner / co-headliner, in place of Dua Lipa last year)

- EDM random (maybe co-heading with something smaller but relevant, as Tame Impala)

Does it make it too expensive? Or do you think it can be a valuable expectation, given the increase of budget?

8 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

If they gave up on Metallica, why should they pick Rammstein? Probably more expensive in term of show, less famous, less appealling on a casual audience. I say that if they rejected Metallica, they have rejected Rammstein.

On the other hand, I think that we will get 2 out of Coldplay, Ed Sheeran and Foo Fighters, maybe even 3, depends on budget management. I still put in the cauldron Florence + The Machine; Twenty One Pilots only if in August they are touring festivals, and I still dream about the unexpected exclusive (Eminem). That would make six, add the EDM DJ we need to have, and we are 7, and I am first in line to buy my ticket.

So:
- Coldplay (as big bill name, in place of AM last year)

- Ed Sheeran (as big ass pop name, in place of Lana del Ray last year)

- Foo Fighters (as rock name, in place of Gorillaz last year)

- Eminem (as big ass exclusive, in place of Mumford and Sons last year)

- Florence + The Machine (as generic medium-tier headliner, as Kendrick Lamar last year)

- Twenty One Pilots (as minor headliner / co-headliner, in place of Dua Lipa last year)

- EDM random (maybe co-heading with something smaller but relevant, as Tame Impala)

Does it make it too expensive? Or do you think it can be a valuable expectation, given the increase of budget?

That would be the the line up of the year, and best one they've ever had.  Considering the market now, it could be a realistic option, but I find it really hard to believe that Sziget manages that. And a really expensive one.. There has to be someone Dua Lipa size..

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, siiiim said:

That would be the the line up of the year, and best one they've ever had.  Considering the market now, it could be a realistic option, but I find it really hard to believe that Sziget manages that. And a really expensive one.. There has to be someone Dua Lipa size..

The most unrealistic name in the list is Eminem, IMO, no longer the more expensive (as a matter of fact, in this line up he would be the 3rd-4th name for budget expense). On the same level, I'd be glad to give up Ed Sheeran for a less expensive pop act, but I cannot see which name could be an headliner not being expensive at least as much as Sheeran (Ariana Grande / Taylor Swift / Madonna / Nicki Minaj...)