Sziget Festival confirmed that the next edition will take place between the 7th and the 13th of August 2019 (with music still playing at some stages until the morning of the 14th). The official Facebook event can be found here.

What we know so far: the lineup budget for 2019 was increased with about 1.5 million euros & the first headliner will be announced in September! Who do you want? My bet is Metallica, as they will announce a European tour in September. Tickets will go on sale on the 1st of October!

39215998_10157843592133975_6973786957415

I was waiting for this for like 16 hours!

My bet are Ariana Grande/Taylor Swift and Twenty One Pilots, so far. I think that the full house days of this season will push the organization towards more pop-ish lands - which is fine by me as long as the A38 gives a fair alternative (Slaves - Wolf Alice - King Gizzard /// La Femme - Little Dragon - Chet Faker have been classy picks indeed).

I think that the name of september (end of september?) will be one of the main names of the bill to pump up the selling, and the info before the week passed showed an interest for the pop - EDM barrier, but at the same time I am pretty sure that Sziget wants to keep a façade of critical acclaimed lineup (this year it has been a fair compromise, IMO). So I'd say it will be something similar to Mumford and Sons / Kendrick Lamar this year: a performer able to make "everybody" happy - Twenty One Pilots are my bet in this.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

which is fine by me as long as the A38 gives a fair alternative (Slaves - Wolf Alice - King Gizzard /// La Femme - Little Dragon - Chet Faker have been classy picks indeed).

I would take this if A38's sound wouldn't suck at acts that use lots of instruments. The Living End sounded amazingly great though, but at Shame you couldn't hear anything from the vocals, for example... and it's like this since I go to Sziget. In 2015 Dropkick Murphys were also bad as hell.

10 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

a performer able to make "everybody" happy - Twenty One Pilots are my bet in this.

I think that Metallica would make a lot more people happier than 21 Pilots. :D

6 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I would take this if A38's sound wouldn't suck at acts that use lots of instruments. The Living End sounded amazingly great though, but at Shame you couldn't hear anything from the vocals, for example... and it's like this since I go to Sziget. In 2015 Dropkick Murphys were also bad as hell.

Yeah it's a tough one, saw M83 there and it was amazingly clear but saw BORNS and it wasn't muddy. So hit or miss. Tent stages are mostly like that.

12 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Totally Agreed! Little Dragon and Chet Faker were all a little bit off...

I'd dig Metallica any day of my life and if they will announce them I'll buy asap, but I think that the average fan of Dua Lipa - Kygo - Shawn Mendes wouldn't be of the same idea lol

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I'd dig Metallica any day of my life and if they will announce them I'll buy asap, but I think that the average fan of Dua Lipa - Kygo - Shawn Mendes wouldn't be of the same idea lol

I hope for Metallica because Sziget might do some "magic tricks" with the 3-day tickets, which look like they were a real success. Maybe in 3 consecutive days there would be a 'popstar' between 2 more rock oriented days, but before the first (or after the last) rock oriented day will be at least a day with 'EDM / popstars'.

Let's say that Metallica could close Sziget as AM this year. They could do something like this:

• EDM headliner - 10 august
  • Rock headliner - 11 august
  • Popstar - 12 august
  • Metallica - 13 august

I think that pop lovers would buy 3-day tickets for 10-12 august and rock lovers would buy lots for 11-13 august. I'll keep my fingers crossed! :D

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Considering that they originally wanted to bring Iron Maiden and Depeche Mode to this years' Sziget instead of Volt, Metallica is a fair bet. 

After missing the last two years at the last minute, it's the first time I know that I won't be able to make it as I'll be in Montreal at the time!

I'll stay active on the forum because the love for Sziget never dies :)

And after going to 2014-2015-2016 and missing 2017-2018-2019, I can only come back in 2020!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Noeliam said:

After missing the last two years at the last minute, it's the first time I know that I won't be able to make it as I'll be in Montreal at the time!

I'll stay active on the forum because the love for Sziget never dies :)

And after going to 2014-2015-2016 and missing 2017-2018-2019, I can only come back in 2020!

So you weren't there??? I looked for you on every corner this time!

13 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Don't think they'll be that soon back. Maybe in 2020 in the second year of touring new album

Yeah, I think the same. It would be a lazy pick if it's them! I'm expecting an act that will sell lots of tickets and that never did Sziget.

Currently the most reliable options are Metallica & 21 Pilots, I guess. As far as I heard, other big names that most people want (and that the staff are / were considering to book) are Coldplay, U2, Madonna, Foo Fighters & RHCP. From these I would take Foo Fighters, RHCP or U2. :)

I'm also a little bit surprised that Madonna is still a thing for most Sziget lovers though! I would be more excited for something like Paul McCartney / Bob Dylan instead of Madonna, if they think about playing the "legends" card. :P

Edited by #1SzigetFan

23 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Yeah, I think the same. It would be a lazy pick if it's them! I'm expecting an act that will sell lots of tickets and that never did Sziget.

Currently the most reliable options are Metallica & 21 Pilots, I guess. As far as I heard, other big names that most people want (and that the staff are / were considering to book) are Coldplay, U2, Madonna, Foo Fighters & RHCP. From these I would take Foo Fighters, RHCP or U2. :)

I'm also a little bit surprised that Madonna is still a thing for most Sziget lovers though! I would be more excited for something like Paul McCartney / Bob Dylan instead of Madonna, if they think about playing the "legends" card. :P

Uh Madonna could be a pick, since she will headline Glasto this year. A terrible pick. But still a pick.

A terrible one.

I want Trujillo's knees to invade the camera screens on the Main Stage now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Faith No More's "The Real Thing" will turn 30 years old next year & I wouldn't be surprised if they would do a surprise Anniversary Tour. If Sziget would bring them, it would be also 10 years since they last played at the festival.

Now the question is if they are still Sziget headliner material... however, for the "Sziget-veterans", their 2009 performance is regarded as one of the bests in the festival's history. I'm going only since 2015, but I wish to see this band live, even if it would be at the festival or at an arena show.

14 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Faith No More's "The Real Thing" will turn 30 years old next year & I wouldn't be surprised if they would do a surprise Anniversary Tour. If Sziget would bring them, it would be also 10 years since they last played at the festival.

Now the question is if they are still Sziget headliner material... however, for the "Sziget-veterans", their 2009 performance is regarded as one of the bests in the festival's history. I'm going only since 2015, but I wish to see this band live, even if it would be at the festival or at an arena show.

Can’t imagine they would be anywhere near headline status, certainly not the way the festival seems to be heading. 

6 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I saw them at Pukklepop the year a stage diver famously smashed his face up on the barrier. They were awesome and would see them again and could see them playing Sziget, just not headliner.

4 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

Does anyone really think they’d book Metallica. For me szigets sadly becoming a festival for the 16-22 year olds. If you look on feedback and sales Shawn Mendez and Kygo were the most bankabale stars this year.

I think Metallica are one of those crossover acts that both young and old like. I personally think it's a good shout that they would book them but you can never really tell with Sziget. 

I'm going say Imagine Dragons, since not being here from 2014....many hits, extremely popular at younger audience.

I hope they confirm Metallica anyway, i really don't want that festivals like this completely give up rock music for EDM and similar, like Exit did. Makes me sad ?

Hi everyone! 

I'm already doing plans for 2019... I didn't want to open a new thread so this one seems to be the most appropriate.

I'm looking for festivals I've never been to with these qualities : total festival, great atmosphere, mellow people, not thrash like Reading lol, diversified lineup, often sunny, in July or August, in Europe but not in France, Belgium and Portugal. In the style of Sziget and NOS Alive. Any ideas?

(we're thinking about Bilbao and VOLT at the moment) 

Edit : and comfortable camping! 

Edited by Tremousse

2 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Hi everyone! 

I'm already doing plans for 2019... I didn't want to open a new thread so this one seems to be the most appropriate.

I'm looking for festivals I've never been to with these qualities : total festival, great atmosphere, mellow people, not thrash like Reading lol, diversified lineup, often sunny, in July or August, in Europe but not in France, Belgium and Portugal. In the style of Sziget and NOS Alive. Any ideas?

(we're thinking about Bilbao and VOLT at the moment) 

Edit : and comfortable camping! 

Hey Thibault,

I’d really recommend Lowlands festival in Holland (17-19 August in 2019). The best atmosphere at a festival that I know of and a lot to see and do, even apart from the really diverse lineup. I’ve been there 10 times, was really addicted to the festival in the ‘zero’s’. Never been to Sziget, but from the stories I’ve heard Lowlands feels like a smaller version of it. Bottom line is: I think everyone should at least go there once. Only ‘downside’ is that with Dutch weather, you’re never sure what you’ll be getting... ?

Edit: camping is REALLY comfortable at Lowlands. And another plus side: they only sell weekend tickets, so everybody’s there for the whole run. Improves the atmosphere so much. 

Edited by visdave34