tombot

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

PMSL :lol:

A 'net connection is a 'net connection. 

Well obviously Neil but some apps are more reliable with limited data than others. In my experience twitter alerts are very unreliable while I can usually get a whatsapp message through pretty quickly. But thanks for your v intelligent contribution to the thread. 

Edited by Mash011
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

Well obviously Neil but some apps are more reliable with limited spotty  than others. In my experience twitter alerts are very unreliable while I can usually get a whatsapp message through pretty quickly. But thanks for your v intelligent contribution to the thread. 

and thanks for your v intelligent contribution, too.  Only one of us is working from the facts. :)

Edited by eFestivals

50 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Christ saw that and it didn't even cross my mind. That would be properly lovely, definitely keeping an eye open for it.

Surely there's a better-than-average chance now. Great stuff.

Whilst I'd absolutely love to see her play a few songs on the piano, a full set of piano songs at Cadogan Hall is massively overkill. She's a fantastic guitarist and wouldn't want to lose that.

Would be a bit like Tori Amos singing accompanied only by a guitar.

One of the highlight is the secret sets, and really looking forward to see what surprises are in store across the site this weekend.  The Low Anthem a few years ago were manic in the early hours.  Also Ezra Furman was also excellent with his covers set a couple of years ago.

Always seem to miss out on a few, but hopefully spot the signs this year.

Someone else can fill in the Tipi sets and everything else (Phoebe Bridgers/Boygenius on Friday, yes?), but this is what Line Of Best Fit put on at the piano stage:

Friday: Big Thief, Daniel Blumberg, Penelope Isles, Jeff Tweedy
Saturday: Gruff Rhys, Josh T Pearson, A Wesley Chung
Sunday: Titus Andronicus, Erin Rae, Jim White, Ezra Furman and John Cale in conversation, Jonathan Wilson

1 minute ago, OddRon said:

Was the Jeff tweedy set mentioned on Twitter I never got a notification and having seen st Vincent instead i’m a bit gutted

Yeah, we were at This Is The Kit and got a twitter notification from (I think) the line of best fit, just as Tweedy was about to start, so were able to leg it round there

5 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, we were at This Is The Kit and got a twitter notification from (I think) the line of best fit, just as Tweedy was about to start, so were able to leg it round there

Reckon it just slipped through then, will be sure to try and catch actual Wilco eventually, definitely glad I saw St Vincent