tombot

Just now, riverlodge said:

what about a sort of Celtic-y Saturday nite supergroup mashup thing: Steve Black-Gwenno-Gruff Rhys?

Steve will join in with anyone (and has at EOTR previously)

You could add Sweet Baboo to that, i reckon, he seems to play in Gruff Rhys' band/on his records a fair bit.

26 minutes ago, scrippit said:

Just posting to help @Mardy out a bit.

Have I done it right?!

Exactly! Thank you. Appreciate it. The sooner we can stop mentioning my stephen black/sweet baboo faux pas and consign it to history, the better. 

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

Exactly! Thank you. Appreciate it. The sooner we can stop mentioning my stephen black/sweet baboo faux pas and consign it to history, the better. 

Yeah, who would make the Stephen Black/Sweet Baboo clunker in an open forum and not want it to disappear down the timeline pronto.

Thank God this is such an active topic. 

6 hours ago, Mardy said:

You could add Sweet Baboo to that, i reckon, he seems to play in Gruff Rhys' band/on his records a fair bit.

Mards mate, love you, but Stephen Black is Sweet Baboo

Edited by robith

9 minutes ago, robith said:

2/3 are at the festival...

Pheobe Bridgers, the odd one out, is playing her final (listed) date in the UK tonight in London, with her next gig back in the US in about a month. After that she's doing some dates with Baker and Dacus, so an EotR set could be a good warmup for them

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Apart from the year the production schedule with all the piano shows listed got leaked I don't think there's ever been reliable rumours, the late night Tipi shows are generally secret until they start setting up.

Thanks. Don't know how they keep it a secret!

Jonathan Wilson did a late night Tipi set last time he played (the Bella Union year).

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ezra did a late night Sunday one.

hoping for The Orielles or Japanese Breakfast as I’ll be missing their main sets.

Adrienne Lenker Of Big Thief has some solo stuff on the go so she might do a Piano stage set at some point.

11 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Just chucking this out there, would there be any interest in a whatsapp group or something of the sort to share word of secret sets? Very keen to keep on top of them this year.

i'd join that - although data coverage / wifi is limited on site!!

the late night secret sets are hard to miss - as in, you get there at a set time and a band comes onstage. no problemo. but i always miss the ones at the piano stage etc. i think jens lekman did one there last year??? and various other special uns!!