Latitude 2019

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Was at the festival on Saturday and it seemed much busier than in previous years. Still a mix of ages but what was scary was the number of groups of pissed up 15/16 year olds some looked a lot younger. I know it attracts the younger crowd but this was clearly evident this year. When our 11 year looks older than some of them you have to question things!!!
Hopefully they all  stayed safe and looked out for each other.

Apart from the hour or so delay due to the "storm" which cut The Futureheads set short (2.5 songs) was a good day,
Tom Grennan, Jason Manford,and Underworld were the highlights.

Thought the Stereophonics looked as if they couldn't be bothered to begin with but improved towards the end.

I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 days at the Festival.  Its a new one for me.  There did seem to be a lot of young drinkers there, mostly celebrating GCSE / A level completions I would imagine.  I also was surprised by the number of day tickets (particularly noticable on Saturday) who didn't really seem to be there for the music / arts at all, but more for a sort of alternate Suffolk day out with their kids.  It was most noticable at the Obelisk where groups on stage were barely acknowledged, by sometimes large groups of people, in case it detracted from their discussions of local matters.

However I loved the layout of the festival grounds and all the different stages and areas to explore, each area with its own distinct feel.  The organisers do a terrific job of using the available space very well. Although the camping (we were in the GREEN area) was a major trudge away, even that camping space didn't feel especially crowded.  The Sunrise stage had by far the best sound of all stages, so kudos to the sound engineer(s) there.  Highlights for me - Foxing (Sunrise), Ider (Sunrise), Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever (BBC Sounds), Martha (Lake), Fling (Lake), Zezu (Lake), Underworld (Obelisk).

To be honest after years of visiting Glastonbury, all festivals feel small, and less crowded,  but I could hear from talking to others that they thought it was much busier than previous years.

A return visit may be on the cards for this one, depending on lineup's

Edited by Nickyboy
spelling
  • Upvote 1