Latitude 2019

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Doors open at Henham two weeks today so we must, surely, have an announcement today? Even if it's just the startΒ of the countdown to the stage times reveal. I'll be incredibly disappointed if there's noΒ decent announcement in the next 24 hours.

With a fortnight to go, glorious weather and half the country having watched Glastonbury at the weekendΒ they should beΒ hammering social media on a daily basis now, and not with bland 'two weeks to go untilΒ we're back at Henham' posts.

Get us excited Latitude!!

Why not:

- announce you've got a special guest making an appearance over the weekend (we know you have!)

- tell us whatΒ we can do on the Thursday evening, what acts can we see, where and what time?

- let us know how the timings will work for the Stereophonics / Underworld Saturday evening set-up

- focus on some of the acts playing Latitude that were at Glastonbury - give a link to their sets on iPlayer

- get some on-site photos up. It's a glorious day at Henham (according to BBC weather) so let's see it!

- run a prize draw for some side-of-stage / backstage passes that gets us all 'liking' and 'sharing' on social media

Just a thought!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Doors open at Henham two weeks today so we must, surely, have an announcement today? Even if it's just the startΒ of the countdown to the stage times reveal. I'll be incredibly disappointed if there's noΒ decent announcement in the next 24 hours.

Β 

Im calling for stage times to be announced tomorrow and then they'll confirm there being a surprise set then too like with Liam last year, I regularly plan out the weekend so I know the times out and get annoyed when they don't, as for example I'm trying to work out if I can see any of George Ezra or Slaves as I plan to see more of Primal Scream and Lana.Β 

They've promoted a few acts that were at Glastonbury which is good but I agree they're doing very little hyping up which is normally what they do in the fortnight leading up to the festivalΒ 

May or may not have yelped with excitement at Charlie Brooker....Β 

If my memory serves me correctly they did an announcement similar to this last year announcing Richard Ayoade and announced the stage times the next day so there's every chance it'll all come out tomorrowΒ 

In fairness, although there's little there to interest me, that's not a bad little announcement so close to the festival. I'm sure Charlie Brooker and Russell Tovey will attract some attention and Princefest wasΒ apparently a bit ofΒ a hoot last year.

Certainly some notable names who I'm sure will be popular, especially with the popularity of shows like Black Mirror.Β 

I seem to remember stumbling across the inaugural Princefest in 2016 on the Saturday night in which none of the headliners interested me and (baring in mind I'm hardly a big Prince fan) was one of the best things I've ever been to ?

37 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

We've got a week to go and still not everything is complete and there aren't any stage times, it's feeling a little tedious now for meΒ 

On the other unofficial Latitude forum one of the members spoke to someone from FR about five weeks ago and was told they'd be releasing something every Thursday up to the festival start. They've pretty much stuck to that so can near enough 'guarantee' we'll get something tomorrow.

What that something will be is a different matter entirely.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

We've got a week to go and still not everything is complete and there aren't any stage times, it's feeling a little tedious now for meΒ 

they never used to release stage times until you got there, not sure if its changed

55 minutes ago, pryce said:

they never used to release stage times until you got there, not sure if its changed

No they've almost always released set times at least a week prior to the festival other than secret set times and so on but I hope with tomorrow officially marking a week till the site opens it will thenΒ 

13 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

No they've almost always released set times at least a week prior to the festival other than secret set times and so on but I hope with tomorrow officially marking a week till the site opens it will thenΒ 

No, used to start dropping the stage times the Monday before the festival doing a stage a day, one year they hadn't finished releasingΒ them by the Thursday morning

Edited by jamesrfisher

There's still a gab on the Friday in the BBC tent, so probably is going to be something there, probably the rumored Frank Turner...or maybe something completely different... But the gap is there..

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

And with that, Latitude 2019 is complete :)

By the looks of it no secret sets this year unless they're late night, now we await the set timesΒ 

IMG_20190711_153312.jpg

Β