Latitude 2019

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

If they have to cancel then they need a bigger name to show off a bit but I fear knowing Latitude they may go for a basic and simple option... But who could it realistically be if they do? 

strokessssssssssssssss :)

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, jamesrfisher said:

Underworld will just be called headliners rahter than a 'special closing performance' and something beige will be added lower down

This would be my thought as well.  Give Underworld a bit longer and pop in a couple of smaller acts lower down that day

Parklife recently announced the cancellation of Cardi B with 72hrs notice and just rejigged their line-up (and probably saved themselves 100's of £k by not replacing her).

If SP cancelled then FR would have a real quandary. They know that few people will be coming just for SP so few refunds will be requested so they either:

• add a decent headliner that they hope will boost ticket sales or
  • push a smaller act up to the slot, not gain much more in additional sales but pocket the £200k (or whatever it was) that they would've paid SP for their headline slot

I hope it's the former. I like SP but feel they are completely out of place in the Latitude 2019 line-up. 

No ill-will to the SP guitarist and wish him speedy recovery but if they are cancelled then could imagine one of these being called up, schedules permitting:

•  Vampire Weekend
  •  Kylie
  •  The National
  •  Tame Impala
  •  Janelle Monae
  •  Bastille

I entirely agree about Snow Patrol being an outdated headliner, perhaps elsewhere on the Obelisk but not a headliner anymore but in regards to headliners I do think they'll take advantage and book a different act. Whilst I like the list of possibilities I could only really see Bastille being part of it and The National headlining 3 times in a decade would probably be an overkill, but my inner guilty pleasure would love to see Kylie on 

2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Parklife recently announced the cancellation of Cardi B with 72hrs notice and just rejigged their line-up (and probably saved themselves 100's of £k by not replacing her).

If SP cancelled then FR would have a real quandary. They know that few people will be coming just for SP so few refunds will be requested so they either:

• add a decent headliner that they hope will boost ticket sales or
  • push a smaller act up to the slot, not gain much more in additional sales but pocket the £200k (or whatever it was) that they would've paid SP for their headline slot

I hope it's the former. I like SP but feel they are completely out of place in the Latitude 2019 line-up. 

No ill-will to the SP guitarist and wish him speedy recovery but if they are cancelled then could imagine one of these being called up, schedules permitting:

•  Vampire Weekend
  •  Kylie
  •  The National
  •  Tame Impala
  •  Janelle Monae
  •  Bastille

The National have a gap in their tour that weekend...

Isle of Wight Festival are doing a similar thing this year of having a headliner and special set after and that's finished by 12:00am, after that I reckon its more likely the set times will be 

Snow Patrol 8:30pm-10:00pm

Underworld 10:30pm-11:30/45pm

With the rest of the day being anyone's guess, but hopefully it'll be soon 

Screenshot_20190613-171534.jpg

On 6/12/2019 at 1:09 PM, Chapple12345 said:

It'll depend on if it heals or worsens but we'll see in the long run, if they cancel any more shows in the coming weeks then we'll think further 

I read an article yesterday that said they'd got another guitarist in for future shows 

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/headline-act-cancels-latitude-performance-stereophonics-replacement-1-6126038

In other news, Snow Patrol have officially cancelled after another member sustained an injury, the EDP are reporting Stereophonics are replacing them but there isn't anything on the official social medias yet 

14 minutes ago, gregory said:

Official now.

thoughts? 

Personally pretty pleased. Just could not get excited about Snow Patrol. Not a huge fan of the Stereophonics but at least they have a few gears to their sound and a couple of good tunes to boot! I'll be watching them on Saturday night.

2 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Personally pretty pleased. Just could not get excited about Snow Patrol. Not a huge fan of the Stereophonics but at least they have a few gears to their sound and a couple of good tunes to boot! I'll be watching them on Saturday night.

Agreed, Snow Patrol seemed a bit of a downer for a Saturday night and Stereophonics have a bit more of a 'get the party started' vibe around them, I've heard great reviews from a friend who saw them recently and I'm more likely to see a bit of them before watching Underworld afterwards, I reckon they'll shift a few more tickets now 

16 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Agreed, Snow Patrol seemed a bit of a downer for a Saturday night and Stereophonics have a bit more of a 'get the party started' vibe around them, I've heard great reviews from a friend who saw them recently and I'm more likely to see a bit of them before watching Underworld afterwards, I reckon they'll shift a few more tickets now 

For me they're both cut from the same cloth.....big maybe 10 or 15 years ago, now both a bit past their sell by date.  However, I agree Stereophonics a slightly better prospect than SP.  Underworld are the real headliners for me anyway.....they were stonking at Glasto in 2016

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Nickyboy said:

For me they're both cut from the same cloth.....big maybe 10 or 15 years ago, now both a bit past their sell by date.  However, I agree Stereophonics a slightly better prospect than SP.  Underworld are the real headliners for me anyway.....they were stonking at Glasto in 2016

I suspect the fact that they are cut from the same cloth is intentional.

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

I suspect the fact that they are cut from the same cloth is intentional.

Definitely, as soon as I saw they'd cancelled I knew they'd go for something similar for the day tickets who were going for SP, but as I've said I do feel Stereophonics a arguably bigger draw and they've headlined other festivals recently like TRNSMT last year 

10 minutes ago, Nickyboy said:

Does anyone have any clue regarding timings of acts? What time is the curfew, etc? Not been to Latitude before so really have no idea how each area times its acts. The mobile app doesn't seem to have any actual timings yet that I can see

The 2018 Clashfinder will give you a guide: https://clashfinder.com/s/latitude2018/

2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

The 2018 Clashfinder will give you a guide: https://clashfinder.com/s/latitude2018/

I started a 2019 one using the 2018 times for the hell of it, but it’s only really useful for the top two stages where the running order has actually been announced. Fulfils the purpose of plotting schedule of those two stages though, hopefully.

• Upvote 1