Latitude 2019

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

13 hours ago, DJL said:

Feel free to post... literally anything else about the festival :)

Any ideas on what DJs etc we might get after hours?

You know what? You are absolutely right. I apologise. And, whilst i still think equality IS an important topic, and i am COMPLETELY perplexed that some either cannot see that or can see that and dont care, banging on about it so much is not gonna get anywhere. Some people have ignorance to the issue. Either by lack of knowledge or choice. That's a shame. But nothing anyone will say can change that. So i will bite my tongue. 

Sorry. 

In other thoughts, i think Lottery Winners should play. They are great. :)

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, DJL said:

Feel free to post... literally anything else about the festival :)

Any ideas on what DJs etc we might get after hours?

DJ wise I'd love to see Crazy P there in some incarnation, whether that be a DJ set, their Soundsystem or live. I think they're doing the summer rounds so fingers crossed.

Really hoping The Comet is Coming crop up on the line up somewhere. Their session for 6 Music was insane. I believe there is a member crossover with Sons of Kemet so hopefully that makes them pretty likely. I'm sure we will get some kind of announcement this week.

9 hours ago, retromoz said:

You know what? You are absolutely right. I apologise. And, whilst i still think equality IS an important topic, and i am COMPLETELY perplexed that some either cannot see that or can see that and dont care, banging on about it so much is not gonna get anywhere. Some people have ignorance to the issue. Either by lack of knowledge or choice. That's a shame. But nothing anyone will say can change that. So i will bite my tongue. 

Sorry. 

In other thoughts, i think Lottery Winners should play. They are great. :)

No need to apologise! We're a bit spoilt by the Glastonbury forums with separate threads for everything so the gender debate can go on alongside self-confirmed, tour dates close to the festival and potential day threads etc.  It isn't fair for one issue to take over the others, we're just a bit quiet on the other fronts. 

I'd be up for Lottery Winners. Late night I'd love something like Crazy P., Craig Charles or any good funk, (northern) soul, disco, Electro Swing etc.  plus Cut Copy who are at Somerset House on the Friday. I always find the late night stuff difficult to predict.

So this explains why (IMO) the Latitude lineup is weak this year.

It's so sad that Local Natives, Honne, James Blake, Warpaint, Courtney Barnett, Friendly Fires, Fidlar, Little Simz, Last Dinousars, The Beths, Channel Tres won't be showing up this year, and that we didn't get any of Chance The Rapper, Foals, Tame Impala, and Childish Cambino as headliners.

56262564_477167379486068_5387112200164868096_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_eui2=AeGYbzjNocepK18QHBz7_527WLFKMnPt-WAHTXuesDzzBXgBOpFQb23tl57XIKQK6djchkTGZD44MtyiwTdZ57jkcG04sB47hLtZW4k6vVQP2g&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk5-8.fna&oh=3556fbaee4211b04ecb609648ab29264&oe=5D4D8D62

That being said, Slaves are somehow playing this, so maybe hope isn't totally lost...

8 hours ago, gregory said:

So this explains why (IMO) the Latitude lineup is weak this year.

It's so sad that Local Natives, Honne, James Blake, Warpaint, Courtney Barnett, Friendly Fires, Fidlar, Little Simz, Last Dinousars, The Beths, Channel Tres won't be showing up this year, and that we didn't get any of Chance The Rapper, Foals, Tame Impala, and Childish Cambino as headliners.

56262564_477167379486068_5387112200164868096_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_eui2=AeGYbzjNocepK18QHBz7_527WLFKMnPt-WAHTXuesDzzBXgBOpFQb23tl57XIKQK6djchkTGZD44MtyiwTdZ57jkcG04sB47hLtZW4k6vVQP2g&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk5-8.fna&oh=3556fbaee4211b04ecb609648ab29264&oe=5D4D8D62

That being said, Slaves are somehow playing this, so maybe hope isn't totally lost...

If Slaves and The Teskey Brothers are doing it then that shouldn't prevent any of the others. That said, I think we have had all the 'big' (ha!) names announced for Latitude this year. I have found some excellent acts on the undercard that I wasn't aware of beforehand, but at £200 a pop I expected a bigger Saturday night headliner than Snow Patrol I must say. I personally think that booking has set Latitude back in people's eyes as a relevant festival.

Killers last year, Snow Patrol this. Just bizarre. 

Social media in general hasn't been overly negative about this year's line-up which I find surprising. Especially when, on the top lines of your line-up poster, you have such contemporary acts as Neneh Cherry, Snow Patrol, Gomez, Underworld and Primal Scream. I mean.....really???

Oh, and Jason Manford as your 'headline' comedian. V. cutting edge.

Edited by swelsbyuk
  • Upvote 2

Do we think the 

9 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

That said, I think we have had all the 'big' (ha!) names announced for Latitude this year... at £200 a pop I expected a bigger Saturday night headliner than Snow Patrol I must say. 

Yeah you're probably right. Comparing to last year's line-up, as far as I can see, we could be due 2 more obelisk acts... but they could well be lower down. We already have 2 more BBC music acts and we could be due two more on the Lake. 

With regards to Snow Patrol (and of course you're right) but I'm curious as to how the timings will work. A few of their songs, then some of Everything Everything and back for Underworld and that adds up to a half decent headliner. More to my taste than the Friday and Sunday headliners...

14 hours ago, DJL said:

Do we think the 

Yeah you're probably right. Comparing to last year's line-up, as far as I can see, we could be due 2 more obelisk acts... but they could well be lower down. We already have 2 more BBC music acts and we could be due two more on the Lake. 

With regards to Snow Patrol (and of course you're right) but I'm curious as to how the timings will work. A few of their songs, then some of Everything Everything and back for Underworld and that adds up to a half decent headliner. More to my taste than the Friday and Sunday headliners...

Don't get me wrong, I quite like Snow Patrol. In fact, I've seen them live on a couple of occasions and the reviews of their most recent tour imply they'll be bringing a decent light show along.

They will be good....but alongside George Ezra (who I don't particularly like but appreciate he is a massive name in the UK at the moment) and Lana Del Rey (the epitome of cool), I just think Snow Patrol is an incredibly uninspiring booking.

By my maths, we still have around three more acts to be announced on Obelisk, four more on the BBC Music stage, four more on sunrise and then the entirety of the Lake Stage and other smaller stages.

It's the seven remaining names on Obelisk and BBC Music that are key for me. If two of them are of a decent quality and 'size' I'll be happy, but I'm not holding my breath.

7 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Don't get me wrong, I quite like Snow Patrol. In fact, I've seen them live on a couple of occasions and the reviews of their most recent tour imply they'll be bringing a decent light show along.

They will be good....but alongside George Ezra (who I don't particularly like but appreciate he is a massive name in the UK at the moment) and Lana Del Rey (the epitome of cool), I just think Snow Patrol is an incredibly uninspiring booking.

By my maths, we still have around three more acts to be announced on Obelisk, four more on the BBC Music stage, four more on sunrise and then the entirety of the Lake Stage and other smaller stages.

It's the seven remaining names on Obelisk and BBC Music that are key for me. If two of them are of a decent quality and 'size' I'll be happy, but I'm not holding my breath.

Is it just me or was last year a bit of an exception for the Sunrise in that there weren't as many acts as in previous years? Maybe I'm imagining it but last year there seemed to be a lot less acts, maybe they had longer set times? Could have been down to having to cut the budget due to having The Killers, a headliner of which stature we don't seem to have this year....

I hope they have a few surprises up their sleeves for the remaining acts on the top 3 stages. I'm relatively pleased so far but feel its lacking that one special name, we will see I'm sure! Holding out hope for someone like Vampire Weekend as a sub but my predictions never pan out too well!

13 hours ago, suttttttt said:

Is it just me or was last year a bit of an exception for the Sunrise in that there weren't as many acts as in previous years? Maybe I'm imagining it but last year there seemed to be a lot less acts, maybe they had longer set times? Could have been down to having to cut the budget due to having The Killers, a headliner of which stature we don't seem to have this year....

I hope they have a few surprises up their sleeves for the remaining acts on the top 3 stages. I'm relatively pleased so far but feel its lacking that one special name, we will see I'm sure! Holding out hope for someone like Vampire Weekend as a sub but my predictions never pan out too well!

You may be right. However, in seven years of attending Latitude, last year was the first one where I didn't see a single act on Sunrise. Nothing interested me at all (apart from Japandroids and they clashed with Alt-J who I wanted to see).

However, this year I already quite fancy The Teskey Brothers, Elder Island, Nilufer Yanya, IDER and Billy Lockett so a return to Sunrise definitely looks on the cards.

Vampire Weekend would be fantastic but, as I said in my previous post, I'm not holding my breath for any further 'big' acts being announced. Sadly.

Edited by swelsbyuk

Would love to see Black Honey return. Really like their album. 

Could see Sundara Karma being announced.

Will be disappointed if they haven't booked Lewis Capaldi or Billie Eilish (although I'm not really a fan of either). They need a big, current act to hang the announcement on.

Hope it's not just The Lake Stage that gets announced.

1 minute ago, swelsbyuk said:

I only know Self Esteem and Another Sky from that list. Are any others worth a listen?

Black Country New Road, Squid and Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard are all very good new bands. Have heard good things about the majority of the rest of that list too. It's a shame that the Latitude headliners are so shit this year as there's a lot of good stuff in the line up overall. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

what a weird way to announce, without actually being able to see what they've announced. :lol: 

Someone in their marketing dept has probably told them that 'disruption' is the new business buzz word. Doing things differently and not following the herd. While all their customers just end up thinking 'WTF?'