Latitude 2019

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

39 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

@eFestivals how far in advance do you receive the press release?

For Latitude? 

It varies by PR company, but i don't think I got anything early from the new PR firm they started using last year.

When I do get them early (for any event) it tends to be only an hour or two early, tho occasionally they might be as much as 48 hours.

(print publications often get them sooner, because of the lag to publication caused by the print).

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

For Latitude? 

It varies by PR company, but i don't think I got anything early from the new PR firm they started using last year.

When I do get them early (for any event) it tends to be only an hour or two early, tho occasionally they might be as much as 48 hours.

(print publications often get them sooner, because of the lag to publication caused by the print).

I assume the releases are always embargoed to a specific time and date?

If the eFestivals Rumours are true I'll be very disappointed. Except from Lana maybe. I cannot see George Ezra headlining but can certainly see him having the pre Headliner slot along with SP headlining the radio 6 stage. 

As 2018 had A LOT of similar acts as 2015, I'm going to say that 3 year gap theme will be slightly prevelent again. Headliner guesses are... 

Obelisk

Friday- Lana Del Rey 

Pre headloner George Ezra 

Saturday-The Strokes

Pre Headliner - Foals (secret special guest) - possibly R6 tent

Sunday- The National

Pre Headliner - Father John Misty

BBC6 Stage headliners

Friday- Suede 

Saturday - Christine And The Queens  

Sunday- Snow Patrol 

7 hours ago, Jon101094 said:

If the eFestivals Rumours are true I'll be very disappointed. Except from Lana maybe. I cannot see George Ezra headlining but can certainly see him having the pre Headliner slot along with SP headlining the radio 6 stage. 

As 2018 had A LOT of similar acts as 2015, I'm going to say that 3 year gap theme will be slightly prevelent again. Headliner guesses are... 

Obelisk

Friday- Lana Del Rey 

Pre headloner George Ezra 

Saturday-The Strokes

Pre Headliner - Foals (secret special guest) - possibly R6 tent

Sunday- The National

Pre Headliner - Father John Misty

BBC6 Stage headliners

Friday- Suede 

Saturday - Christine And The Queens  

Sunday- Snow Patrol 

That would be a pretty decent line-up but, without wishing to rain on your parade, I think there are some issues with it.

1. George Ezra is too big to sub. His UK arena tour is sold out. He's a big deal at the moment.

2. Foals are playing Thetford forest the month before Latitude. Think that probably rules them out (although hopefully not).

3. The National are the only headliner to have headlined twice. I can't imagine they'd headline a third time (although, again, it would be nice)

4. If Christine and the Queens are playing it's more likely to be headliner on Obelisk, not the BBC tent

5. Suede are awful (but that's just personal opinion!)

6. Snow Patrol are, imho, also too big to headline the tent (their arena tour later this month is also sold out)

Sorry, I know that all sounds negative and I hope I'm wrong on some points.

Fair enough, however alt J have now actually headlined twice 15/18. And latitude are very favourable to The National, it being the only band to be a headliner 2 years in a row 10/11 and promoting them from BB6 to Obelisk respectively. The national have a 2week gap in their european tour which coincides with latitude and they havent played the newest album there yet. I think you're sadly right about Ezra. Christine And The Queens are playing APE so I change my mind about them being there. 

2 hours ago, Jon101094 said:

Fair enough, however alt J have now actually headlined twice 15/18. And latitude are very favourable to The National, it being the only band to be a headliner 2 years in a row 10/11 and promoting them from BB6 to Obelisk respectively. The national have a 2week gap in their european tour which coincides with latitude and they havent played the newest album there yet. I think you're sadly right about Ezra. Christine And The Queens are playing APE so I change my mind about them being there. 

Apologies, you're right about Alt-J. Completely forgot about them. You may be right about The National but I would be surprised (but, as I said, really quite happy!)

My daughter would be very happy with Ezra. I don't mind three or four of his but that hardly makes for an enjoyable evening!

Yeah, suspect Christine and the Queens are out. Sadly.

8 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Could easily see Lana Del Rey, Kings of Leon and George Ezra headlining Obelisk with the tent being headlined by Blossoms, Jess Glynne and Franz Ferdinand.

Now that's a depressing prospect! Seriously hope you're wrong but its definitely not out of the question. Comparing previous years line ups, 2018 and 2015 were the only years they have shared a headliner and that was The Killers and Portishead respectively so there isn't much of a pattern. Its pretty much a guarantee that they will share acts but which acts they are is anyone's guess.