Latitude 2019

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

I have an inkling that it could be Massive Attack. What with Kraftwerk playing a while ago in 3d, and what with this new tour being a new "totally new audio/visual production", I think something similar could happen.

I am useless at predicting headliners though....

I could see either Hot Chip (probably because i want them) or The XX as headliners next year assuming that either of them release new music beforehand..

If they continue with the big Saturday headliner then Florence or maybe Elbow

I too am invariably way off on predictions however..

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

eFests has added George Ezra, Lana Del Rey and Snow Patrol as rumours.

Would assume all would headline. Lana would be good and Ezra seems inevitable and would sell well - Snow Patrol ruin things somewhat.

Sounds pretty legit. Seems that they've binned off having a notably bigger Saturday night headliner, if that was ever a trend.

Edit - if true of course.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Snow Patrol were the first Latitude headliner. :P

haha still supports what I'm saying though, that it's a shit/outdated booking. 

With regards to my comment on potential, they used to book really interesting headliners; Nick Cave, Sigur Ros, Kratwerk and Portishead to name a few. I thought that after they got a booker from Field Day and festivals like Bestival started to drop off in the last few years they would capitalise on it and head for slightly more interesting, left field bookings but that doesn't seem to be the case. Wasted opportunity in my eyes. I know they had Solange last year but that did seem like a proper anomalous booking

I'm sure it'll still well well so fair play to them, but I really enjoyed my visits a good few years ago but can't see myself ever going back now. Just seems really uninspiring now.  

10 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I don't see why not. That he's not headlined this stuff before doesn't mean he's not a massive act these days. He shifts an absolute shitload of tickets.

But man was referring to there being a headliner that could perceivably be too big for Latitude, because they headline bigger festivals usually. George Ezra is big but doesn’t fit that. In fact last year they had Mumfords and The 1975; Ezra would be The 1975 in this scenario.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, BlueDaze said:

I could see either Hot Chip (probably because i want them) or The XX as headliners next year assuming that either of them release new music beforehand..

If they continue with the big Saturday headliner then Florence or maybe Elbow

I too am invariably way off on predictions however..

with the Hot Chip APE announcement out surely they are going to be nailed on here...? Latitude like to see bands come through their ranks so a natural next step.

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not sure AEG have enough festies to offer to put that sort of restriction onto a not-headline act.

And the way the APE press release was worded suggested that Hot Chip will be doing a number of festival shows.

Could they offer promoter-based restrictions though? Like they could do Glasto and Bluedot but no Live Nation?

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Could they offer promoter-based restrictions though? Like they could do Glasto and Bluedot but no Live Nation?

they might do, who knows?

But I think more likely is the fairly standard 'no competing shows' around the date and area, if there's any restriction at all.

Because there's not really any benefit back to AEG if the act is still able to do some festival shows but not others. The benefit comes from exclusivity.

On 11/6/2018 at 11:42 AM, dentalplan said:

eFests has added George Ezra, Lana Del Rey and Snow Patrol as rumours.

Would assume all would headline. Lana would be good and Ezra seems inevitable and would sell well - Snow Patrol ruin things somewhat.

Is this it........ 

8 hours ago, eFestivals said:

they might do, who knows?

But I think more likely is the fairly standard 'no competing shows' around the date and area, if there's any restriction at all.

Because there's not really any benefit back to AEG if the act is still able to do some festival shows but not others. The benefit comes from exclusivity.

I am sure one year in the early days Muse did 52 festivals in the summer run.

i guess no exclusives there ?

I'd be fine with Lana and George Ezra, alongside a big headliner on the saturday but Snow Patrol would be a terrible choice. I'd much rather have Tame Impala or Vampire Weekend in there, though they probably aren't regarded as big enough for that slot, Arcade Fire (who I'm guessing aren't around) or The Strokes.