Latitude 2019

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

There's no chance The Black Keys are returning unless it's to apologise for the piss-poor set they performed a couple of years ago.

I'm going:

Fri: Bastille or George Ezra (for the young 'uns)

Sat: Florence and the Machine or Foals (the BIG name to attract the casual fan)

Sun: Arcade Fire or Sigur Ros (the 'used to be huge, and are still big enough to keep people at the festival until the final whistle' act)

• Upvote 1

Another bold booking along the lines of Solange propped up with an undercard like this year's could see me consider a return.

Can anybody comment on what the vegan food options are like these days? It was really good when I first started going in 2012, but dropped off year on year until I was eating at the same three places all weekend by my last one in 2016. I've become accustomed to the offerings at Green Man and Glastonbury where I can eat 3 meals a day, never go to the same place twice, and still haven't tried it all by the end.

12 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Another bold booking along the lines of Solange propped up with an undercard like this year's could see me consider a return.

Can anybody comment on what the vegan food options are like these days? It was really good when I first started going in 2012, but dropped off year on year until I was eating at the same three places all weekend by my last one in 2016. I've become accustomed to the offerings at Green Man and Glastonbury where I can eat 3 meals a day, never go to the same place twice, and still haven't tried it all by the end.

I'm currently veggie but planning on going vegan...to be honest I think I would have struggled to have 3 vegan meals a day without repeating stuff by the 3rd day.   

On 8/22/2018 at 4:35 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Well I ate vegan all weekend and came home saying the food had improved since the previous year. Struggling to remember a single meal I ate but I was happy.

On 8/22/2018 at 3:12 PM, swelsbyuk said:

There's no chance The Black Keys are returning unless it's to apologise for the piss-poor set they performed a couple of years ago.

I'm going:

Fri: Bastille or George Ezra (for the young 'uns)

Sat: Florence and the Machine or Foals (the BIG name to attract the casual fan)

Sun: Arcade Fire or Sigur Ros (the 'used to be huge, and are still big enough to keep people at the festival until the final whistle' act)

I was thinking Arcade Fire for the big Saturday headliner... but maybe they aren't as popular as they were. Either way it would make my festival.

On 8/28/2018 at 8:34 PM, DJL said:

I was thinking Arcade Fire for the big Saturday headliner... but maybe they aren't as popular as they were. Either way it would make my festival.

Yeah Arcade Fire are defo big enough to be the big Saturday name. They're bigger than Foals.

Anyway I've been thinking Florence for IOW and Foals for the Saturday at Latitude. Don't really expect Arcade Fire to still be touring next Summer.

22 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah Arcade Fire are defo big enough to be the big Saturday name. They're bigger than Foals.

Anyway I've been thinking Florence for IOW and Foals for the Saturday at Latitude. Don't really expect Arcade Fire to still be touring next Summer.

I think Arcade Fire are done for a while from what I've read in recent interviews and stuff. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Odessa said:

jj200 has had 6 guesses at headliners in this thread, yet you've still managed to make the worst prediction of all. I'm actually impressed. 

1 hour ago, tobydlb said:

is there any chance of a mumford return?

Think this might have just topped the Blink 182 shout.

After they shut down the other stages for their headline performance a couple of years ago, I doubt they would be too welcome again this soon!

• Like 1