Open'er 2019

gregory

2 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

I was thinking the opposite :P Unless they're doing Roskilde. Is there another big European festival in the same weekend that I'm not thinking of?

Not really, but I doubt they will play in Serbia and Poland day after day. Sure, they can play Saturday, but this day seems to be intended for pop/hip-hop headliners.

2 minutes ago, mln said:

Not really, but I doubt they will play in Serbia and Poland day after day. Sure, they can play Saturday, but this day seems to be intended for pop/hip-hop headliners.

Hmm, kay. Fairly recent 'tradition' I see, may be they break the habit for them. See you've difficulties in guessing headliners, as seems hard for most European fests :P Muse must be a certainty...

2 hours ago, StupidDream said:

Hmm, kay. Fairly recent 'tradition' I see, may be they break the habit for them. See you've difficulties in guessing headliners, as seems hard for most European fests :P Muse must be a certainty...

Unfortunately, The Cure do not have such a big commercial potential to break the habit of inviting Saturday pop/rap headliners, who, sadly to admit, attracted a majority of audience in recent years.
I bet on Muse, but I also did on P!nk and The Cure. You can't be sure. There are still some more acts circulating in festival rumors, e.g. Kendrick Lamar, The Strokes, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Raconteurs (Alter Art seem to get on well with Jack White).

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, HannahKirby said:

Does anyone know why there’s so much secrecy about the line up this year? This is only my third time but usually there’s some announcements by now ?

No one knows what's going on. You are basically right about the announcements, but for 2014 and 2015 editions the first acts were announced in December.
My subjective prediction for headliners: Paul McCartney, The Raconteurs/Smashing Pumpkins, Mumfords, Kendrick Lamar (or some other rap/pop act).

3 minutes ago, mln said:

There's another festival in Poland announcing its first big act today (Tauron Nowa Muzyka). I bet that Robyn will play here.

As for Open'er, my bets for today: Mumfords, The 1975, Travis Scott.

Ah yeah, I agree, she does seem perfect for that festival. Sadly they moved the dates so it's right next to INmusic in 2019, otherwise I would've gone.

I think your prediction is pretty spot on re Open'er

15 minutes ago, gregory said:

?

2018: Travis Scott
2017: Arctic Monkeys
2016: Radiohead

2015: Drake ?

Although if I remember correctly Drake was a pretty exclusive deal that year, so this may explain why they preferred to book him for Wednesday rather than to not have him at all.

Travis Scott on the other hand seems to be a smart money move - having a pop/rap headliner on both the first and the last day of the festival will make more people buy 4-day tickets.

8 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Travis Scott always asks for a 90 minute time slot but ends 30 minutes early. Last year at Lollapalooza Paris, he ended his show after 60 minutes and both main stages where empty for 30 minutes which could've been easily used by Depeche Mode or Kasabian. 

When he decides to show up*

I just had a look at recent line ups for this and looks good. Cheap too for ticket + camping? Has anyone been? I have read last year's thread but didn't glean too much from it. How would it compare to Rock Werchter? I've gone to RW a few times and looking to change this year with NOS Alive or Mad Cool Festival being the front runners for me. 

Edited by Colouring Book