44 minutes ago, pete76 said:

Is that a serious question? 

- they don’t do festivals this year

- they too heavy for Opener 

- playing in Poland later this year 

+ there's only a space for one co-headliner

• 5 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I think that may be the end of the announcements as they're doing individual posters of La Dispute, Octavian etc etc

Bit light. 

10 acts some days, 9 on the others. 

No way, there are still 10+ acts missing on three main stages, including Polish names. On the other hand, I'd not be surprised if that's all, they are masters in disappointing.

Every year, there are around 15-16 acts on three main stages each day. Plus, they announced that today is 'a day full of announcements', so ending with 6 acts would be ridiculous.

Edited by mln

8 minutes ago, mln said:

No way, there are still 10+ acts missing on three main stages, including Polish names. On the other hand, I'd not be surprised if that's all, they are masters in disappointing.

Every year, there are around 15-16 acts on three main stages each day. Plus, they announced that today is 'a day full of announcements', so ending with 6 acts would be ridiculous.

I was looking at last years Clashfinder and I agree with you that obviously there are more to come. 

They said yesterday they are closing the main, orange and alter stage today. 

I reckon perhaps these first names are the last of the biggish names with smaller names to come later?

But there's part of me that thinks that's it for today. Just no confidence in them. 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

5 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I was looking at last years Clashfinder and I agree with you that obviously there are more to come. 

They said yesterday they are closing the main, orange and alter stage today. 

I reckon perhaps these first names are the last of the biggish names with smaller names to come later?

But there's part of me that thinks that's it for today. Just no confidence in them. 

Yeah, if you look at the previous announcements, the pattern was always like: biggest name -> medium names -> small names and Polish names, so I guess that's all for bigger/medium names.

11 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

guess that's it for today. 

That's so pathetic. They announced that they'll close three main stages (Orange, Tent, Alter) and after revealing only 6 names, now they're announcing Firestone Stage. They're social media communication is one of the worst (if not the worst).

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

I disagree man, try with this.

https://nosalive.com/en/ 

I follow the Nos Alive thread here and I know what you all going through, but trust me, Open'er is worse. Only this year, they announced twice that they are going to give new names on some day and then do nothing on this day. And it happened in previous years as well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

They officially confirmed that the line-up for 3 main stages is closed. It means that the number of artists is the smallest in the recent history of the festival: only 50 names as compared to around 60-65 each year (since 2015, when they introduced the division to Main Stage, Tent Stage, and Alter Stage).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A very good year for Open'er, despite the shitty weather. Many highlights: Vampire Weekend, Rosalia, The Strokes (the rain tho!), Jungle, Kamasi Washington, Robyn, Kylie, Flatbush Zombies. I wish I caught more of Stormzy. Not convinced by J Balvin and Lana Del Rey, despite the huge turnout. A well organized event, many good gigs, friendly people. Getting more sun and less rain/wind wouldn't hurt though, but I guess I'm just unlucky (or cursed?) this year.

1 hour ago, Giovanni said:

A very good year for Open'er, despite the shitty weather. Many highlights: Vampire Weekend, Rosalia, The Strokes (the rain tho!), Jungle, Kamasi Washington, Robyn, Kylie, Flatbush Zombies. I wish I caught more of Stormzy. Not convinced by J Balvin and Lana Del Rey, despite the huge turnout. A well organized event, many good gigs, friendly people. Getting more sun and less rain/wind wouldn't hurt though, but I guess I'm just unlucky (or cursed?) this year.

This was my 9th edition and it was the worst weather, so yeah, I guess you're unlucky :) 

My best gigs: Kamasi, VW, The Strokes, Jungle, Anna Calvi.