Open'er 2019

gregory

2 hours ago, KasiaF said:

I have a feeling they will start announcing more exciting things after December, 17, which is when the tickets will get more expensive. This year's edition was sold out so why sell out on cheaper tickets? Makes more sense to wait with announcements to make more money, I guess.

I'd like to believe that, but:

1. Each pool of tickets is limited, so there's no chance they will sell out the whole festival on cheaper tickets.

2. Last year at this time we already had 3 headliners, two years ago - 2 headliners (Foo's and Radiohead - one of the biggest acts at festivals on 2017.)

The only reason they haven't yet announced any big, exciting acts (providing there are such names), is that these acts are still waiting with announcing their tour dates for summer 2019.

Personally, I think the festival is turning more and more to pop/shitty rap acts and it will be getting worse every year.

Edited by mln

6 minutes ago, KasiaF said:

Yes, there is a limited number of tickets but the festival has a maximum capacity and they will let in a set number of people. If they don't sell all of the Early Birds then there will be more of the more expensive tickets.

But do you really know what is the limit? They can sell as many tickets for each pool as they want to.

They can't. They sold out last year and said it was caused by limits on the numbers of festival-goers each day. If there weren't any limits, the tickets would never sell out, right?

Also, Early Birds are sold until December 17 OR until sold out. Whichever comes first.

Edited by KasiaF

On 12/8/2018 at 6:02 PM, KasiaF said:

They can't. They sold out last year and said it was caused by limits on the numbers of festival-goers each day. If there weren't any limits, the tickets would never sell out, right?

Also, Early Birds are sold until December 17 OR until sold out. Whichever comes first.

What I meant is that they can announce some big name right now and stop selling Early Birds in the same moment as there is no specified number of these. They don't have to wait until 17th Dec.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys, I like my conspiracy theories so here goes: is it possible that the so far unknown headliners are the people who might be on tour next year and have concerts in Poland, and perhaps the organizers are waiting for their concerts to sell out before they announce them at the festival? 

The truth is, I'm getting frustrated at the line-up so far and try to come up with ideas why it's all going so slow this year...

24 minutes ago, KasiaF said:

Guys, I like my conspiracy theories so here goes: is it possible that the so far unknown headliners are the people who might be on tour next year and have concerts in Poland, and perhaps the organizers are waiting for their concerts to sell out before they announce them at the festival? 

The truth is, I'm getting frustrated at the line-up so far and try to come up with ideas why it's all going so slow this year...

Sure, it can be the case, but there aren't many big names with shows in Poland this winter/early spring. To be honest, apart from Florence and The Machine, I can't see any names suitable for Open'er.

I think we're waiting for artists who are touring in Europe during summer but still haven't announced any dates. For example, there is a strong rumor about The Raconteurs.

• 3 weeks later...

Really hoping for Brockhampton to be announced for 3rd July as they’re playing in the area ? They could do Norway then Open’er and head to Roskilde and Turku afterwards.. but it’d be nice to see them in tent and not on the main stage ?

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, mln said:

I think this announcement shows in which direction Open'er is heading. There will be mostly mainstream rap/pop names with several fine alternative additions. Guess it should be the other way round.

Worst lineup in Europe, worst lineup ever for Opener 

• Upvote 2