Open'er 2019

gregory

I've been to Open'er, Mad Cool and Nos Alive. I would never return to Open'er or Mad Cool after the first visits, this year I'll be returning to Nos for a fourth time.

Open'er

Poor, watered down alcohol, we failed to get drunk the entire festival. Terrible food. Worst of all is a complete lack of atmosphere, its just not a place where people seem to be having a good time. The sun was insanely hot and there was little to no cover from the heat in the campsite. You could have my three favourite bands headlining and it still wouldnt get me back there.

Mad Cool

Don't be fooled by the great lineup, the organisation at this festival was the worst I've ever experienced, no cash machine on site, card machines broken down, dangerously long queues to get into the festival, 11 euros for a drink and an arena that was an absolute shambles to get in, out and around.

Nos Alive

I've been three times and had an absolute blast every time. Great atmosphere, great organisation and its much cheaper than most festivals. I went last year and even though the lineup wasn't particularly to my tastes I still had an awesome time and saw lots of great bands that I hadn't heard before, after the shambles of Mad Cool this year we promised ourseves we'd go back to Nos because they know how to put on a festival that people will enjoy.

Edited by moz4pm

3 hours ago, Colouring Book said:

I just had a look at recent line ups for this and looks good. Cheap too for ticket + camping? Has anyone been? I have read last year's thread but didn't glean too much from it. How would it compare to Rock Werchter? I've gone to RW a few times and looking to change this year with NOS Alive or Mad Cool Festival being the front runners for me. 

Been to Nos Alive, Best Kept Secret and Mad Cool in the last few years, had a blast at every one of them. Open'er has been on my radar the whole time, however being a Slovenian, I couldn't possibly survive the no alcohol around stages policy. As for the others I've attended - Nos Alive is a great festival you'd surely enjoy, plus the camp atmosphere is awesome (if you decide to camp, which is dirt cheap). BKS is smaller, more of a butique feel, relaxed crowd, impeccable food selection. Organisation at Mad Cool was a clusterfuck the first day, it improved significantly though, so don't let the haters discourage you if the lineup is at least similarly awesome as this year. I could say much more about any of the festivals if you'd like, but I'm offtopic enough already. ?

• Upvote 1

As of Open'er 2017 - the terrain was not prepared and it looked more like a war field, in the dark it was easy to fall on the ground, my legs took a beating. Also the lack of atmosphere - plenty of people that are attendind just to get wasted or mosh pit (in 2014 even during Pearl Jam ballads!). 

It's not worth your money and I'm saying this as a Pole ;) 

4 hours ago, Colouring Book said:

Thanks for that info. I think I'll go with NOS Alive. The camping looks good, cheap drink and you have Lisbon to fall back on. I'll keep an eye on this line up anyway. 

Wise choice. I go for hotel over camping but I've heard only good things about the campsite.

• 2 weeks later...

Their communication is geting worse and worse every year. It's a complete lack of respect for festival goers.
Main Square festival is announcing their first dates today, so maybe we have a common artist with them and were forced to postpone the announcement? 

Edited by mln

3 hours ago, mln said:

Their communication is geting worse and worse every year. It's a complete lack of respect for festival goers.
Main Square festival is announcing their first dates today, so maybe we have a common artist with them and were forced to postpone the announcement? 

The just updated their cover photo, think something's coming...

I have a feeling they will start announcing more exciting things after December, 17, which is when the tickets will get more expensive. This year's edition was sold out so why sell out on cheaper tickets? Makes more sense to wait with announcements to make more money, I guess.