So whose getting ready for next year?

glastolover19

I think it will start ramping up for me following Pilton Party. That's the first time in a while where me and the majority of my usual crew will all be with each other so it'll be then we find out who is / isn't going to want tickets on t-day.

With 32 names on my spreadsheet from the last ticket day it'll be interesting to see how many remain / get added!

19 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Cheers for that Yog, believe me, I don't get much sympathy.

"OK, so you were ski jumping two years after breaking your wrist skiing immediately followed by breaking the other arm? Idiot"  :)

I sold the table and chairs last summer at The Henley Festival, a totally bonkers high end do. Reduced the price heavily to get me out of the financial hole I was in after the two broken bones...now done it again but even better! 

My orthopaedic surgeon says I should bear weight on the broken leg as it hastens healing. It's a bit uncomfortable but doable and safe as theres a load of external metalwork supporting it. Might try using a saw soon and see what happens. Hate not being able to work.

Who knows, might be able to pull something out of the bag before next June, Tramadol is a wonderful thing :D

a leg 2.jpg

Hello Sawdusty,

That looks like something you'd see in a Mad Max film! 

Yes, I'd say that The Henley Festival would be bonkers high end. I've been in the presence of that sort of league once before, when one of my cousins married the daughter of someone who owns a national chain of shops. The bloke sitting in front of me in the church was worth £600M, and he wasn't as rich as the bloke who's daughter was getting married. Quite surprisingly, she is actually a really nice person, and doesn't do vagrant displays of wealth, or look down on anybody.

I truly hope that you can get back to work on the timber, sooner rather than later. Your a bit of a leg at Glastonbury. Hope that you make it there next year, even if it's through having the weird experience of being a normal punter - although I seriously doubt that you will have to buy a ticket.

:)

I haven’t started prepping for Glastonbury 2019 yet, I haven’t finished this years fest season, however, I’ve been having the ‘dreams’ for months now and any time I hear a mention of Tday, my stomach somersaults. I’m normally the one that sorts the spreadsheets and gets the gang in order, this year I’m not bothering. As long as my festival bestie and I get them, they can do what they want! They all think I’m mad and many of them don’t bother even logging on on Tday, so I’m being selfish! 

7 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I haven’t started prepping for Glastonbury 2019 yet, I haven’t finished this years fest season, however, I’ve been having the ‘dreams’ for months now and any time I hear a mention of Tday, my stomach somersaults. I’m normally the one that sorts the spreadsheets and gets the gang in order, this year I’m not bothering. As long as my festival bestie and I get them, they can do what they want! They all think I’m mad and many of them don’t bother even logging on on Tday, so I’m being selfish! 

Does the big G still hold the same allure now you've had a thorough sampling of the competition?

7 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

They all think I’m mad and many of them don’t bother even logging on on Tday, so I’m being selfish! 

!!!!!! That is definitely unacceptable! I think you are well within your rights to be selfish :) Good luck!!!!

My friends laugh at me for being a Glasto-zilla, but they are really just as keen as me when it comes to the crunch. I think the jokes are more a sort of disbelief about it, given how completely unorganised I am at basically everything else in my life

Is stepping-back from the organisation making your T-Day dreams better or worse??

8 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

they can do what they want! They all think I’m mad and many of them don’t bother even logging on on Tday, so I’m being selfish! 

Yes Love it, always be a bit selfish! and if they do want a ticket and want to try, hopefully they will appreciate the effort you put in to get this all organise and the stress of the day.

I was nervous asking my group as they will all be 1st timers and would think I was nuts getting this organised (always been either myself or 2 people but 5 of us are signed up for next year) but they are all happy and willing to get involved with Tday :)

I have  bit of a dilemma ... potentially 8 of us wanting tickets ...... although im really only bothered about 2 of us getting them ... last time was  probably one of the best years with the lack of hassle when we went off to do anything ... no waiting around ..and we were quite happy watching bands separately..... also added to the equation its one person that wants to go owes us money and has done for a few years , the last time I approached the subject it developed into a bit of tension on social media ... which I abandoned in the end ... would love him just to pay up and there would be no issues 

Quick question, can you still secure a ticket for the coach package via the deposit scheme? If so is it the case of paying the £50 deposit and paying the rest off as normal, or £50 + coach fee then just paying the ticket price off?

Getting very nervous now the closer ticket day approaches!

12 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Quick question, can you still secure a ticket for the coach package via the deposit scheme? If so is it the case of paying the £50 deposit and paying the rest off as normal, or £50 + coach fee then just paying the ticket price off?

Getting very nervous now the closer ticket day approaches!

You have to pay for the whole coach ticket plus your £50 deposit.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I have  bit of a dilemma ... potentially 8 of us wanting tickets ...... although im really only bothered about 2 of us getting them ... last time was  probably one of the best years with the lack of hassle when we went off to do anything ... no waiting around ..and we were quite happy watching bands separately..... also added to the equation its one person that wants to go owes us money and has done for a few years , the last time I approached the subject it developed into a bit of tension on social media ... which I abandoned in the end ... would love him just to pay up and there would be no issues 

So a couple of questions dude.

The people that want to come, would they be happy observing the same model as you guys did last year, or would they be in the hand-holding, must always do everything with all of us together camp?

The guy that owes you cash, is it a friend of yours or a friend of a friend type?  And does it have to be a social media discussion or can it be a face to face?

Personally, if new people want to come along I'm quite clear on how I like to enjoy my festival.  I think people who either aren't massively into festivals, or have only ever done it their way, really don't appreciate that coming to something like this and assuming that you'll fit into the way they want to do it can be really, really annoying.  It's like coming into my house and rearranging my furniture :nono:

44 minutes ago, Quark said:

So a couple of questions dude.

The people that want to come, would they be happy observing the same model as you guys did last year, or would they be in the hand-holding, must always do everything with all of us together camp?

The guy that owes you cash, is it a friend of yours or a friend of a friend type?  And does it have to be a social media discussion or can it be a face to face?

Personally, if new people want to come along I'm quite clear on how I like to enjoy my festival.  I think people who either aren't massively into festivals, or have only ever done it their way, really don't appreciate that coming to something like this and assuming that you'll fit into the way they want to do it can be really, really annoying.  It's like coming into my house and rearranging my furniture :nono:

They have all been before ... and im sure wouldn't mind doing it the same way ...but larger groups take lots longer to do things anyway ive found ... the guy was a friend but not so much these days its become more awkward over the years ... I would have no objection getting him a ticket if he paid his debt back ... but it was glastonbury tickets that the debt was for ... it should be a face to face discussion absolutely but things just descended into chaos before ... now approaching the subject is quite difficult and his brother ended up paying back a large proportion of the debt .... they have been many times and we have all camped together but not since the debt has been owed for a decent amount of time .... 

Does he acknowledge the money he owes @crazyfool1?

If I owed someone £££, I wouldn’t even dream to expect them to pay out again for me for the same thing! 

Maybe he won’t make the six tickets you’re trying for initially? Or go via his brother?

28 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Does he acknowledge the money he owes @crazyfool1?

If I owed someone £££, I wouldn’t even dream to expect them to pay out again for me for the same thing! 

Maybe he won’t make the six tickets you’re trying for initially? Or go via his brother?

Think thats the way im going to go with it ... its not that im not on speaking terms its just a difficult thing to bring up ... will def get the money  up front if thats the case ... as its usually me that gets the tickets anyway and he prob won't get the deposit refunded .... not too keen on going through his brother as he paid off a proportion out of his own pocket which was great of him ..... he owes my friend more and told him the other day he had forgotten ..... anyway hope everyone is good ... im still looking for jobs its getting a bit nervy after 8 weeks off and not seeing too much that id like to go for financially im ok but really dont want to leave it too long for my own sanity :) 

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

They have all been before ... and im sure wouldn't mind doing it the same way ...but larger groups take lots longer to do things anyway ive found ... the guy was a friend but not so much these days its become more awkward over the years ... I would have no objection getting him a ticket if he paid his debt back ... but it was glastonbury tickets that the debt was for ... it should be a face to face discussion absolutely but things just descended into chaos before ... now approaching the subject is quite difficult and his brother ended up paying back a large proportion of the debt .... they have been many times and we have all camped together but not since the debt has been owed for a decent amount of time .... 

Yeah the money thing sounds like a bigger challenge, especially if it's not been repaid when you've raised it. Expecting someone to spot you something else after that is a bit much.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Yeah the money thing sounds like a bigger challenge, especially if it's not been repaid when you've raised it. Expecting someone to spot you something else after that is a bit much.

ah well ...  maybe I should move on ... just a little niggle :) but money will definitely come upfront next time for the deposit .... he may just say then .. that I should keep the deposit money when I remind him of the debt and if I somehow dont get his ticket in the group that gets through :) . 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ah well ...  maybe I should move on ... just a little niggle :) but money will definitely come upfront next time for the deposit .... he may just say then .. that I should keep the deposit money when I remind him of the debt and if I somehow dont get his ticket in the group that gets through :) . 

You'll sort it out in your own way bud.

And good luck with the job hunting! Quiet market, or just not seen anything to grab you?

1 minute ago, Quark said:

You'll sort it out in your own way bud.

And good luck with the job hunting! Quiet market, or just not seen anything to grab you?

yep ... I will cheers . Nothing that grabs me ...I fancy a change but not sure what that change should be ... was hoping for some kind of enlightenment but not happened yet ....I could go straight back to retail ... as thats where my skills lie but trying to hold off doing this as the reason I left was to change things up a little :)