So whose getting ready for next year?

glastolover19

I've been getting better at blocking stuff like this out.  You gits have just caused me to regress by about 3 years.

I'm also now unable to ignore the fact that a poster on the wall at work is slightly wonky by about 2 degrees.

I hate you.

13 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Not in the least, this is required viewing.

Now for mine :D

So I've got my own ticket 2 out of 7 times and seen the ticket page on 2 other occasions. 

Ha - love this & this is why i visit the site .... let's have a look back  - 

Pre-2010 I can't really remember and don't have the email evidence. Always bought a ticket though, even in the 90s. One year I spent a veeerrrryy long time listening to the engaged tone and then failed, only getting them in an Orange competition!

2010 - Main sale, friend got them

2011 - Main sale, I got them.

2013 - Resale (coach as last resort, it was a revelation and meaning it's coach for ever more - probably)

2014 to 2016 - Coach, no real problems but always Thursday as I reckon it's easier. Always tried again in main sale for others. No joy.

2017 - Resale coach, friend got them last minute. 

So, confirming what I thought, I have got the tickets 5 out of 7 times. Blimey. Not ideal for me, as those less obsessed as me start to rely on you just assuming you'll sort it. Hopefully they'll be a bit more organised this year. ("You can explain it to them, you can't understand it for them.")

Edited by Fishman
Got me dates wrong!
  • Upvote 1

Thought I'd write mine down for my own interests and seeing as I have I may as well share:

2013: Tried in the main sale and failed, I was too naive back then to know there was a resale :unsure:

2014: Tried and was successful for me and one other in the coach sales, tried main and resale for others but not a peep

2015: Tried in the coach sale and my mate got them, tried for others in the main but not a peep, nor in the resale.

2016: Tried in the coach sale and my mate was successful, tried in the main and not a peep, nor in the resale.

2017: Tried in the coach sale and my mate was successful, tried in the main and not a peep, nor in the resale.

Noting all three mates who got my coach tickets the last three years were different mates.

My personal success rate (if you count coach/main/resale as separate times) is a shocking 1 out of 13, of my Christ I'm doomed! :unsure:

1986 - decided to go to Glastonbury while in the pub in Birmingham on Friday lunchtime - paid on the gate

1997 - 1999 - wandered into HMV at some point before the festival

2000 - decided to try and get in without a ticket and eventually a scouser walked us in for a tenner.

Then decided it was far too crowded & I didn’t want to go again - but apparently so did the licensers. Bit of a gap then - superfence! Watched 2002 on the telly and decided it looked good again!

2003 - It sold out! It what? That never happens!!!

2004 - all night on the phone, went to work and got my staff to keep trying for me, then a bit more, then sold out! No ticket! Then, a few weeks later when browsing this very board someone said the link was open. I went and got a ticket! I didn’t fully believe it was real until I actually got through the gate!

2005 - Tried everything! No ticket! No joy in any mini resale’s either. Was still trying to win tickets off Radio 1 on Friday morning with the site flooded and the rain coming down like stair rods! Heartbroken! 

2007 - Went to work to try and use a better server whist husband tried at home on the computer he had cobbled together from 3 other computers he found in a skip at the back of his office. Guess who got through? Danced up and down my office like a lunatic when he rang to say we’d got them!

2008 - 2011 - sailed through. I became the Glastonbury ticket wizard. Seemed I could get through at will for anyone who wanted them! Love, Love, Love the cobbled together Mad Max computer with hidden Glastonbury chip!

2013 - in the intervening 2 years we had become the proud owners of a shiny new desktop! Doesn’t do Glastonbury tickets though as it turns out! Luckily, a friend I’d helped in the past got ours! She didn’t ring to tell me until about 20 minutes after it sold out because she was full on getting tickets for people til that point, and then only started ringing everyone to tell them after she couldn’t get any more. So we had a period of despondency, and then YESSS!!!!!

2014 - We decided to have a year off

2015 - same failure followed by friend as 2013!

2016 - year off

2017 - Worked bars for Shelter.

2019 - We’re going to give T day a break and work for Oxfam. Ready.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, amfy said:

1986 - decided to go to Glastonbury while in the pub in Birmingham on Friday lunchtime - paid on the gate

1997 - 1999 - wandered into HMV at some point before the festival

2000 - decided to try and get in without a ticket and eventually a scouser walked us in for a tenner.

Then decided it was far too crowded & I didn’t want to go again - but apparently so did the licensers. Bit of a gap then - superfence! Watched 2002 on the telly and decided it looked good again!

2003 - It sold out! It what? That never happens!!!

2004 - all night on the phone, went to work and got my staff to keep trying for me, then a bit more, then sold out! No ticket! Then, a few weeks later when browsing this very board someone said the link was open. I went and got a ticket! I didn’t fully believe it was real until I actually got through the gate!

2005 - Tried everything! No ticket! No joy in any mini resale’s either. Was still trying to win tickets off Radio 1 on Friday morning with the site flooded and the rain coming down like stair rods! Heartbroken! 

2007 - Went to work to try and use a better server whist husband tried at home on the computer he had cobbled together from 3 other computers he found in a skip at the back of his office. Guess who got through? Danced up and down my office like a lunatic when he rang to say we’d got them!

2008 - 2011 - sailed through. I became the Glastonbury ticket wizard. Seemed I could get through at will for anyone who wanted them! Love, Love, Love the cobbled together Mad Max computer with hidden Glastonbury chip!

2013 - in the intervening 2 years we had become the proud owners of a shiny new desktop! Doesn’t do Glastonbury tickets though as it turns out! Luckily, a friend I’d helped in the past got ours! She didn’t ring to tell me until about 20 minutes after it sold out because she was full on getting tickets for people til that point, and then only started ringing everyone to tell them after she couldn’t get any more. So we had a period of despondency, and then YESSS!!!!!

2014 - We decided to have a year off

2015 - same failure followed by friend as 2013!

2016 - year off

2017 - Worked bars for Shelter.

2019 - We’re going to give T day a break and work for Oxfam. Ready.

Great read :)

Love this: "1986 - decided to go to Glastonbury while in the pub in Birmingham on Friday lunchtime - paid on the gate"

1997 - Went down in a car full of mates and jumped the fence.

1998 - Bought a second hand ticket from a mate who couldn't go.

1999 -  Bought a ticket from the actual festival a few months after they went on sale and my student loan came through.

2000 - Sauntered through one of the gaping holes in the fence.

2002 - Planned to get a ticket when I had a decent amount of cash in my account, was shocked when they sold out on day one.  Tried to get one from an official tout place, but even though they told me it had gone through on the phone, I was actually at the limit of my overdraft and it bounced.  By the time I'd scraped together enough cash, all the tickets were gone from everywhere.  No festival no me

2003 - New job, couldn't get the time off.  Never forgave my boss.

2004 - After very many hours of hitting F5, bagged a ticket.  My first proper attempt at the on-line buyathon.

2005 - F5 Warrior again, got a ticket, can't remember how fast.  I think this was the first year a mate relied on my F5ing to get a ticket.

2007 -2010 - Got a ticket every year.  Sometimes getting them for people in my small group of mates.  it all blurs together, but the point is, I entered my details every time (my girlfriend might have actually got them once, can't remember)

2011 - Got married that month, so didn't go.

2013 - Had a child a few months earlier, didn't go.

2014 - Got a ticket, not in a group - essentially went solo that year.

2015 - I was wavering about going (because the nipper was so small) so I decided to try for a ticket, giving myself the option of letting Mike keep my deposit.  Because I was unsure, I decided not to join in with any of the groups from this forum since it would be unfair.  Besides, I had always bagged one in the past, I'm sure I would again.  For the first time, complete and utter failure.

2016 - Showing my age, I have long anecdotes about 20 years ago, but have no idea how I got a ticket for 2016.  I think I might have got one myself.

2017 - Didn't get a sniff on my own.  Had to rely on someone else in a group, who managed to get some close to selling out time.

So, I usually got a ticket myself.  Always got a ticket when in a group, but worryingly, two out of the last three attempts resulted in not getting any myself.  Not a trend I like.

Stay strong people, get in a group, get organised.  Stay alert and good luck!

• Like 1

Have been 6 times between 2007 and present day. The other years we took time out to get married, have a baby and go travelling. 

Of those 6 attempts at getting tickets we got 3 lots through the back door. Twice from a friend of a friend who worked at See Tickets. One time (2015) got a ticket from a friend who had several artists playing the festival. 

Of the other 3 times a mate got through twice for 20+ of us and last time round my wife got through.

I’ve never even come close myself, have hit F5 furiously but it’s always been down to some other force of nature that I’ve managed to go. 

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

also, how much was it? Would love to know!

£17.50 - my giro had come that day so I paid me and my friend in, and we still had £32 left! Yes - a Glastonbury ticket cost just half of a weekly benefit cheque back then!

• Like 1

I have a photographic memory when it comes to all things Glastonbury, which is surprising given how inebriated I get. 

I can remember a lot of major life events in relation to Glasto. 

2007? The year my wife and I met. “Ah that was my first Glasto year, the worst weather we ever had” etc etc.