So whose getting ready for next year?

glastolover19

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Anyone think they may lower the amount of tickets you can get in one go this year? (they made it 4 per person for Pilton Party for instance)

I reckon a few people panicked reading that!

Don't think I've ever tried for 6, last few years has just been 2.

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Anyone think they may lower the amount of tickets you can get in one go this year? (they made it 4 per person for Pilton Party for instance)

Also, has it ever been as high as 8 or am I just imagining that?

I'm 99% sure it's never been more than 6.

It would be a disadvantage to all of us who plan to maximise our chances of obtaining tickets by working together if they reduced to 4 per application. We had 6 groups of 6 last time, so if the numbers remain as is we would need 9 successes rather than the 6 last time. Considerably less likely to achieve 100% success! 

8 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I'm 99% sure it's never been more than 6.

It would be a disadvantage to all of us who plan to maximise our chances of obtaining tickets by working together if they reduced to 4 per application. We had 6 groups of 6 last time, so if the numbers remain as is we would need 9 successes rather than the 6 last time. Considerably less likely to achieve 100% success! 

Just did a quick google and it looks as though you could get 8 per transaction for the 2013 festival but this changed to 6 in 2014 by the looks of things and has remained so ever since.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/2013-tickets-faq/

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/2014-ticket-sale-faqs/

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Just did a quick google and it looks as though you could get 8 per transaction for the 2013 festival but this changed to 6 in 2014 by the looks of things and has remained so ever since.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/2013-tickets-faq/

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/2014-ticket-sale-faqs/

I stand corrected. 

Paranoia starting to creep in....

Just checked my registration number, no idea why, but it was nice to receive an email list of registrations valid to buy tickets when they go on sale ?

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/registration/lookup

Of course, it also allows you to edit if you need to.

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Honouring the ticket gods this weekend by camping in Gloucestershire....its pissing down naturally ??

Things are getting scary now...access to/from the site is impossible due to the moat of water...electricity and sanitation is all out of order and campers have started to form tribes. An attempt by the Caravanners to steal our gin failed when we deciphered their new language and we kidnapped one of their children in return.  Weapons are scarce although we've engineered an effective bazooka from a bottle of Ruddles Pale Ale, a disposable barbecue and some half frozen sausages. I may never see you all again...good luck to you all x

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Things are getting scary now...access to/from the site is impossible due to the moat of water...electricity and sanitation is all out of order and campers have started to form tribes. An attempt by the Caravanners to steal our gin failed when we deciphered their new language and we kidnapped one of their children in return.  Weapons are scarce although we've engineered an effective bazooka from a bottle of Ruddles Pale Ale, a disposable barbecue and some half frozen sausages. I may never see you all again...good luck to you all x

Sounds like Glastonbury in the very early days!

Ive been getting some practice in refreshing weather apps ..... I was supposed to be going to watch some t20 cricket ... at 4pm it was cancelled ... the bonus to being out of work currently means im available for the reserve day tomorrow :) ....First and last cricket match this summer ..hoping to appease those weather gods 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ive been getting some practice in refreshing weather apps ..... I was supposed to be going to watch some t20 cricket ... at 4pm it was cancelled ... the bonus to being out of work currently means im available for the reserve day tomorrow :) ....First and last cricket match this summer ..hoping to appease those weather gods 

Hoping for a disappointing day for you tomorrow as well buddy...I'm a Nottinghamshire lad :D

Checked my registration a few weeks ago. Wrong address!!!! Updated and told the hubs @fatyeti24 to sort his. Not sure if he has yet. I'll be going without him if I get tickets. Lol

Going looking at caravans this week with a view to using at Glasto but mainly for a bit of freedom but seriously for Glasto but we can't say that right? Ticket day. Fuck its come around quick hasn't it. The FEAR!!!!!! 

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Checked my registration a few weeks ago. Wrong address!!!! Updated and told the hubs @fatyeti24 to sort his. Not sure if he has yet. I'll be going without him if I get tickets. Lol

Going looking at caravans this week with a view to using at Glasto but mainly for a bit of freedom but seriously for Glasto but we can't say that right? Ticket day. Fuck its come around quick hasn't it. The FEAR!!!!!! 

Yes I am getting a little anxious as well now.

Does anyone else fear their luck is going to run out when it comes to getting a ticket? After failing for years, I have struck lucky on the last 3 occasions. I feel more nervous this year than at any time previously. 

What's the most consecutive times peeps have gone without missing out?

On 8/26/2018 at 11:10 AM, parsonjack said:

#prayforjack :lol:

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Does anyone else fear their luck is going to run out when it comes to getting a ticket? After failing for years, I have struck lucky on the last 3 occasions. I feel more nervous this year than at any time previously. 

I'm 6 for 6 so far, so I know it's coming.  Dreading it as always, but having done BDs this year I do feel slightly more like I could cope by going to a couple of smaller fests.  Ask me if I feel the same way when I've missed out...

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

I've made it to every Glastonbury I've wanted to go to, but I've not personally got my own ticket since the 2011 festival.  I did get through for someone else in the coach resales a couple of years ago, but that's it.

I reckon I'm owed getting through many times for many people this year!

48 minutes ago, Pear_Cider said:

Happy for you mate...good luck on finals day :)  I'll be on hols in Cyprus so will watch events unfold in a bar :D

enjoy the holiday ... just trying to decide if finals day is going to be worth going to ... if a friend can get me tickets ....and cheers 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

erm dare I say it 13 !! but getting tickets at many different points many different ways 

Touchwood I've managed to get tickets every time I've tried (although as told before not made it to the farm every time I've got tickets). Last year was the first I'd tried in a while.

If I don't get them for next year, I'll be beyond words! I have a few people trying for me who aren't even going!