So whose getting ready for next year?

glastolover19

10 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I've done 12 Glastonbury's in a row and i'm starting to fear that this is coming soon for me.....I'll see how the next couple go (tickets pending) as i still enjoy it, and really want to be there for the 50th anniversary. but after that i may tactically miss one to see if it brings it back to when i first started going for me!

The weird thing was, when we watched it on the telly it was no different to when we'd been there - as the TV coverage is of an almost completely different festival to the one we go to anyway!

We deliberately missed 2014 and 2016. In 2015 we went but we completely changed our pace and priorities & had one of our best ever! In 2016 we really felt we'd dodged a bullet! In our years off we went to some other festivals which offered us some new experiences. Only Glastonbury is Glastonbury, but everything else isn't V fest, and loads of other festivals offer a great experience too. In 2017 we'd been to Sziget (2nd year in a row and we were nearly off again with another festival!) so couldn't afford Glastobury as well so I worked it with Shelter - that was another new experience which freshened the whole thing up for me and brought back the magic.

There was a time when I pretty much felt like I HAD to be there every year and it was a bit of a revelation to realise that is not how I should feel about something I love and enjoy. Wanting to go to Glastonbury should not just be out of FOMO, & now it isn't. We are now at a point where we DECIDE whether (or not) to go to Glastonbury & I feel our relationship with it is better for that - although I wouldn't swap our 'We'll go every year til we die!' years for anything! I feel like it's something we will always do, but it doesn't have to be every time anymore. I had to let go of some kind of fear I had of not being a 'proper' Glastonbury person anymore, but I now see that missing the odd one can't take that away from me!

• Like 1

I havent done anything yet but am considering booking a hotel for the Monday after the festival. We always stay in a Travelodge in Bath rather than driving all the way home and I’ve got a code that expires at the end of August for half price room. Do I book it now or is that tempting fate that I won’t get a ticket

On 8/18/2018 at 6:38 PM, Fred Zepplin said:

I havent done anything yet but am considering booking a hotel for the Monday after the festival. We always stay in a Travelodge in Bath rather than driving all the way home and I’ve got a code that expires at the end of August for half price room. Do I book it now or is that tempting fate that I won’t get a ticket

I don't think you can book the dates for the festival yet on Travelodge. I can only see up til the 10th July.

Today the excitement/nerves became unbearable and I made the Glastonbury 2019 facebook group and spreadsheet for my Glasto crew as a means of very subtly making sure they get their shit together - esp the newbies. And I do not care if they think I am mental for doing this already. Less than seven week till T-Day! Waaaaaah!

Edited by Sasperella

Last of our registrations approved and sent into group chat so I officially made a spreadsheet for this year! :D

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

And I do not care if they think I am mental for doing this already. Less than seven week till T-Day

Yeah I feel my crew awkward laughing through messages like "What are you doing that for" but this is all their 1st year attempting and no matter how much info I give, don't think they fully understand how intense T-day will be!

1 hour ago, Walker2295 said:

Yeah I feel my crew awkward laughing through messages like "What are you doing that for" but this is all their 1st year attempting and no matter how much info I give, don't think they fully understand how intense T-day will be!

Aaaah yes, I remember the naivety of my first year....luckily I had some veterans to steer me round the curves :) They def won't understand the intensity beforehand, but they'll soon learn when it kicks in! Good luck! :) 

2 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I finally sold the big table last summer and due to the state of by tibia and fibula I'm not going to be carving for a little while now.....

a leg.gif

Oh Christ. I'd read that you'd had a skiing accident, but not being medical, didn't really know how bad it was / is. Hope that you are getting on OK economically speaking, and wish you well in your physical recovery. 

Did you sell all the chairs that went with the table, as a package? If so, somebody must have had deep pockets. The table and chairs were a thing (still are) of most considerable beauty. Mind bendingly so, in fact.

All the best.  :)

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh Christ. I'd read that you'd had a skiing accident, but not being medical, didn't really know how bad it was / is. Hope that you are getting on OK economically speaking, and wish you well in your physical recovery. 

Did you sell all the chairs that went with the table, as a package? If so, somebody must have had deep pockets. The table and chairs were a thing (still are) of most considerable beauty. Mind bendingly so, in fact.

All the best.  :)

Cheers for that Yog, believe me, I don't get much sympathy.

"OK, so you were ski jumping two years after breaking your wrist skiing immediately followed by breaking the other arm? Idiot"  :)

I sold the table and chairs last summer at The Henley Festival, a totally bonkers high end do. Reduced the price heavily to get me out of the financial hole I was in after the two broken bones...now done it again but even better! 

My orthopaedic surgeon says I should bear weight on the broken leg as it hastens healing. It's a bit uncomfortable but doable and safe as theres a load of external metalwork supporting it. Might try using a saw soon and see what happens. Hate not being able to work.

Who knows, might be able to pull something out of the bag before next June, Tramadol is a wonderful thing :D

a leg 2.jpg

21 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Cheers for that Yog, believe me, I don't get much sympathy.

"OK, so you were ski jumping two years after breaking your wrist skiing immediately followed by breaking the other arm? Idiot"  :)

I sold the table and chairs last summer at The Henley Festival, a totally bonkers high end do. Reduced the price heavily to get me out of the financial hole I was in after the two broken bones...now done it again but even better! 

My orthopaedic surgeon says I should bear weight on the broken leg as it hastens healing. It's a bit uncomfortable but doable and safe as theres a load of external metalwork supporting it. Might try using a saw soon and see what happens. Hate not being able to work.

Who knows, might be able to pull something out of the bag before next June, Tramadol is a wonderful thing :D

a leg 2.jpg

Hope you feel better soon! Looks absolutely horrendous! Tramadol has its purpose! Lets see how many glastonbury you tube clips you can view! Take care

17 hours ago, Walker2295 said:

Last of our registrations approved and sent into group chat so I officially made a spreadsheet for this year! :D

Oh god, after initiating organisation yesterday I had my first refresh dream of Glastonbury 2019.... :wacko:

At least I know my subconscious is preparing itself as much as I am. I hope it also has a spreadsheet.