So whose getting ready for next year?

glastolover19

Hi guys just seeing who is already prepping for next year? Had tent out over weekend to give it it's yearly once over and airing before being stowed away for another year and got me thinking about my packing list etc for 2019. A bit premature I know but always good bargains to be had this time of year with shops flogging off camping stuff. Plus also helps with the withdraw symptoms of not being there this year?

31 minutes ago, Username50 said:

My first time and maybe going on my own :(

Did it solo last year and really enjoyed it more then I expected.The big thing I enjoyed was not compromising as selfish as that sounds it was nice doing whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Just make sure your friendly and I'm sure you're make plenty of mates

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My Glastonbury days are over now, so I'll not be doing any preparing. I'll be trying to get an efester his tickets on T Day though, so will get caught up in that Glastonbury excitement. I've managed to do 20+ Glastonbury's, so it was a fair innings. 

Sorry to hear that Yog.

Hope it's on your own terms rather than anything else.

10 hours ago, glastolover19 said:

Did it solo last year and really enjoyed it more then I expected.The big thing I enjoyed was not compromising as selfish as that sounds it was nice doing whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Just make sure your friendly and I'm sure you're make plenty of mates

I suppose you can see the acts you want. 

Im hoping to try the ticket and coach package. Failing that the general release. Double the chance?

1 hour ago, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

Volunteering for Festival Medical Services I know I am going , just panicking that I can't get 2 tickets for my best friends for their 50th, to celebrate at the farm with them.

Anyone volunteering for these guys deserves an upvote ... have helped me out in the past ... nice one :) 

4 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Sorry to hear that Yog.

Hope it's on your own terms rather than anything else.

Hello JoeyT,

Thank you. Yes, it is on my own terms. I've done a load of Glastonbury's both in good weather and in the worst of weather, and they've all, without exception, been great. However, the place is too large and frenetic for me to handle now. I'm seriously slowing up nowadays. I went to Bestival recently, and even found getting around that a trudge - mind you, the scorching heat didn't help. So, if I'm to go festivals in the future they're going to have to be smaller, cheaper ones, and not very far away from me either. 

Wishing you all the best on T Day. :)

7 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My Glastonbury days are over now, so I'll not be doing any preparing. I'll be trying to get an efester his tickets on T Day though, so will get caught up in that Glastonbury excitement. I've managed to do 20+ Glastonbury's, so it was a fair innings. 

Isn't there a tiny temptation to try on ticket day?? 

Only prep that has been done is agree our travel plan for our group (Trains from Scotland and free shuttle) so just looking out a "does the job" hotel option for 1 night stay near Paddington to get the trains and shuttle on the Wednesday. Of course all depending on that crucial ticket purchases success

I've just booked the time off just in case. My holidays run from July 1 to June 30 so I won't have any days off between Christmas and (hopefully) Glastonbury so that'll be a long slog. But a nice consolation is the festival at the end of it.

Went for a walk around the site last weekend and that always gets the excitement (and nerves) flowing. Even bumped into the big man himself, driving around in his famous burgundy Land Rover.

It'll soon be time for our lot to compile the ticket spreadsheet that has a really good success record ahead of the most tense hour of my life in early October and some of us will also be at Pilton Party at the end of the month. Maybe I'll make an underground bunker whilst I'm there, see if I can sit it out for ten months...