The Glastonbury 2019 fancy dress threads

Crazyfool01

9 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I was a bit worried it was tempting fate too :) im gonna nip back and try and find the username as ive forgotten 

I’m pretty sure you’ve been at it a while... I mentioned it to you a while back and you mentioned positivity to me! ? well it paid off!!! 

I always have plans but never get round to it! 

9 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Evening. Yes I did get tickets!! Woohoo!! So very pleased. Outfit planning can begin in ernest! Loving that badge thingy @crazyfool1 - what is it? Saw you got tickets - nice work! 

just a pre programmable scrolling led screen .. I thought it might look similar to those big information screens they put in some areas of the site 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07G4C75DW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 3 weeks later...

updated pyramid stage work going well .... ive fitted the big screens to the sides and tucked them in slightly so im a little less of an obstruction to others :) ... now I need some suggestions for words to put on the screens ? so im opening it up for suggestions from efesters ... the winning idea will be on the big screens for the entire festival and will get a pint from me at the efest meet ... the words need to be short and possible for me to cut out in stencil format .... off you go :) 

IMG_2513.jpeg

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

updated pyramid stage work going well .... ive fitted the big screens to the sides and tucked them in slightly so im a little less of an obstruction to others :) ... now I need some suggestions for words to put on the screens ? so im opening it up for suggestions from efesters ... the winning idea will be on the big screens for the entire festival and will get a pint from me at the efest meet ... the words need to be short and possible for me to cut out in stencil format .... off you go :) 

IMG_2513.jpeg

Don’t pee on the land.

39 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

"Save the badgers"

or

"I heard 2020 is going to be shit :ninja:"

I presume emoji faces are a bit tricky though!

this year it won't be .. im trying to simplify this year so the screens won't be interchangeable so just a case of glueing them on .... like the second one but not sure I could go with the first even as I agree with it ... its Michaels choice and he's invited us to a party on his land so wouldn't like to meet him with the screens showing that 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

this year it won't be .. im trying to simplify this year so the screens won't be interchangeable so just a case of glueing them on .... like the second one but not sure I could go with the first even as I agree with it ... its Michaels choice and he's invited us to a party on his land so wouldn't like to meet him with the screens showing that 

I know, I was definitely not really expecting you to do that! It would be  beyond cheeky! :)

35 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Maybe you could write the word 'Free' on the left hand screen, and the word 'Hugs' on the right hand screen. I'm sure that this would result in some 'hug action' for you, which, let's face it, is not to be sneezed at. 

ha ha ... not might also end up with a queue at the medical centre with injuries caused by a pyramid poking people in the eye when receiving the free hugs :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

Not sure what to do next year. 2017 I was a mermaid, I did Boomtown this year as Alan from The Hangover (baby included). Next year it's my 30th on the Sunday and everyone wants to do a group fancy dress for it but I'm struggling for something cool and original. Anyone have any ideas? 

7 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Not sure what to do next year. 2017 I was a mermaid, I did Boomtown this year as Alan from The Hangover (baby included). Next year it's my 30th on the Sunday and everyone wants to do a group fancy dress for it but I'm struggling for something cool and original. Anyone have any ideas? 

There are some more obvious ones ... something to do with year / decade of birth , something to do  with legend act ( kylie ) as its on the sunday , some people do a £10 limit and attack the shops on site and see what they come  up with . There is the obvious glastonbury theme , colours ... dont forget anything too cool and original might put off some participants so I would say keep the theme as open as possible ... maybe closer to the time find out what films are showing in cinemacarmageddon and go with that aswell as going to a screening might be fun . unfortunately the fest isn't on my birthday this year ... but dont forget a trip to the birthday tent ( i only just found out it existed :) ) 

9 hours ago, kingbadger said:

All male/female group or mixed?