The Glastonbury 2019 fancy dress threads

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Is there anywhere at the festival that sells second hand ridiculous looking stuff? I can only bring the basics with me as I fly over.

Yes, loads! A few stalls that do the tour of all the festivals and some others besides. My mate bought himself some sparkly blue hotpants on a whim on the Saturday of 2014 from the Oxfam stall and sported them for the entire day/night. I still have no idea what happened to whatever he was wearing beforehand, but he looked great

11 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

We got lucky in the coach resale so spent most of the weekend discussing fancy dress and committed to only buy outfits second hand off eBay/ borrow it/ charity shop it, or vintage shops.

Fast fashion is as big of a problem as plastic bottles and bags!

Fair shout ... although my fancy dress gets quite a decent amount of use :) ... don’t know if it counts as fashion though :) 

42 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Is there anywhere at the festival that sells second hand ridiculous looking stuff? I can only bring the basics with me as I fly over.

Oxfam have a second hand clothes shop in The Park. They bring all the best London types BoHo stuff. Get there from Wednesday. 

36 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Fair shout ... although my fancy dress gets quite a decent amount of use :) ... don’t know if it counts as fashion though :) 

Yeah we’ve got a decent back catalogue of various LED embedded stuff so going to bring some of that out too! 

4 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Oxfam have a second hand clothes shop in The Park. They bring all the best London types BoHo stuff. Get there from Wednesday. 

Will be sure to check it out! 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So here is my 4000th Efest post ...and my fancy dress is ready for the year .... for those going enjoy the build up ... and resalers good luck with comps etc ... you will see me on the farm .CF x

? I love the time and effort that goes into your outfits. I wish had the patience and skill to do similar! I wouldn't know where or how to start.

Edited by vintagelaureate

13 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

? I love the time and effort that goes into your outfits. I wish had the patience and skill to do similar! I wouldn't know where or how to start.

Cheers ... they just evolve .. the fact I’m single with no kids gives me the time ... and I live in a new flat at the moment so requires little updating ... however I’m looking for a new place so might have a little less time for the 50th outfit ... we will see :) ..... my early attempts weren’t so good but I’m learning :) 

13 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

So here is my 4000th Efest post ...and my fancy dress is ready for the year .... for those going enjoy the build up ... and resalers good luck with comps etc ... you will see me on the farm .CF x

This made my morning. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 1:42 PM, JaiCrispy37 said:

This will be my outfit of choice. Me and my friend will be staggering about sweating our plums off. If you see us, splash our sweaty brows with some cool water!

See the source image

A strong look I applaud you.....clap clap etc.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 8:12 AM, MetaKate said:

I'm in the process of creating a blinged out animal mask. All my gems are too big and I need to buy smaller ones to fill it out but i'm happy with how it's going so far. I'll post a pic when it's closer to done. 

did you do this in the end ? :)