The Glastonbury 2019 fancy dress threads

Crazyfool01

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Boris,

I didn't see your deleted post, but can tell you that well meant schadenfreude is OK with me. I love a bit of schadenfreude, my dad likes a bit of schadenfreude, and his dad before him etc etc.  How can one not!? 

I've just had a smoke, so my mind's racing. I am now thinking about whether there's a point (as agreed by the majority) where schadenfreude ends, and something much more sinister begins? 

Anyway, your own toilet disasters sound utterly atrocious - fair play to you. I once had a mud slide happen to me when I was risking a fart whilst pissing up a pub wall in Bristol. I had to go back in to the pub to sort myself out in the toilets. There was only one problem - the women's toilet had broken, and there was a queue for the only single trap gents toilet. So, i had to stand in the queue, next to diners, wondering if the shite was showing on my jeans. Eventually I got to the loo, and went in. So, what did I do. I took off my boxers and cleaned myself up. Then I had the problem of having a shitty pair of pants to deal with. Being in the building trade, the answer came to me immediately. So, I lifted the cover of the toilet cistern and popped the shitty mess in to the cistern. This meant that as I left the toilet, the next person in there wouldn't recoil with horror at a pair of shitty pants on the floor.

What that next person didn't know though (but I did) was that when they went to flush the toilet, clean water wouldn't come out. It would be brown stained water water. I knew that, but went for self preservation, and escape. It's something that haunts me to this day. 

Maybe I should write in to Jo Whiley and Simon Mayo and ask the nation if they forgive me

Marvellous stuff. I feel there must be a home for this- possibly my favourite kind of story - perhaps outside a Fancy Dress thread. I've tried to revert the subject. But yeah the post I deleted was just a failed quote/ repeat post. I don't really like schadenfreude I'll be honest- unless I'm several parts removed.. but that's something for a dissection/ self mutilation thread.

pyramid stage nears completion ... with the addition of a cap to keep it on better and the addition of much needed  band on the stage ... and yes I know its quite a weird collaboration but its all I could find in lego :) ... not been done so early before so looking for some ideas what to do next .. although the ribbon tower needs completing 

IMG_2586.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

ok so I've finished my shorts for next year as its going to be a hot one ... and my light up mask has finally arrived after taking over a year on kickstarter although I'm not sure I will be wearing it yet :) but its in time for my Butlins Cream weekend in a few weeks time 

IMG_2650.jpeg

Light up mask you say? Why not pictures of said mask illuminated we say? 

Please!!!!!

24 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

That is a thing of illuminated beauty! 

here's the link ... but I will warm you to check the reviews .. its taken quite a bit of pestering to get 1 of my  2 masks .... think they might be available elsewhere might be worth using google https://www.facebook.com/outline.montreal/

20 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

here's the link ... but I will warm you to check the reviews .. its taken quite a bit of pestering to get 1 of my  2 masks .... think they might be available elsewhere might be worth using google https://www.facebook.com/outline.montreal/

Cool! Similar jobbies on Amazon. Like them! Bought 2!

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

what do you think of them ? came across the amazon version but it didn't seem so bright ? and only had a constant mode ? 

Pretty cool. Bought the red fox one and the, I don't know how to describe it, Jim Carrey mask type one with a cigarette? The fox one is not so bright but looks good, the Jim Carrey one is very bright and looks great! Both constant (well react to music), no other mode. Happy over all. Would I recommend? Well I've seen them at about the tenner mark. For that yeah a bit of fun. Much more, probably not. They are not quite as good as the ones promo on the kickstarter page. Happy Xmas btw. 

Edited by semmtexx

4 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Pretty cool. Bought the red fox one and the, I don't know how to describe it, Jim Carrey mask type one with a cigarette? The fox one is not so bright but looks good, the Jim Carrey one is very bright and looks great! Both constant (well react to music), no other mode. Happy over all. Would I recommend? Well I've seen them at about the tenner mark. For that yeah a bit of fun. Much more, probably not. They are not quite as good as the ones promo on the kickstarter page. Happy Xmas btw. 

same to you ...and a fancy dress filled new year :) ... im looking at some laser gloves now :) 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

same to you ...and a fancy dress filled new year :) ... im looking at some laser gloves now :) 

Hahahaha - you too! ??

Laser gloves? Nice!

Need to start work on my outfit rather than some cobbled together last minute effort. Think will go the boiler suit and white ribbon over led strips as suggested. Looks mint! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...