The Glastonbury 2019 fancy dress threads

Crazyfool01

On 10/28/2018 at 2:16 AM, kingbadger said:

Not sure what to do next year. 2017 I was a mermaid, I did Boomtown this year as Alan from The Hangover (baby included). Next year it's my 30th on the Sunday and everyone wants to do a group fancy dress for it but I'm struggling for something cool and original. Anyone have any ideas? 

Just give people a letter of the alphabet as a theme, keeps it nice and open. Beatgetder festival does that we had the letter A. We went as Alan Partridge with shower curtain cape etc. I also went as BatGirl one day which confused people as to how that started with the letter A. Obviously I said it was because I was “A BatGirl” not “The Batgirl”

On 10/26/2018 at 8:44 PM, crazyfool1 said:

updated pyramid stage work going well .... ive fitted the big screens to the sides and tucked them in slightly so im a little less of an obstruction to others :) ... now I need some suggestions for words to put on the screens ? so im opening it up for suggestions from efesters ... the winning idea will be on the big screens for the entire festival and will get a pint from me at the efest meet ... the words need to be short and possible for me to cut out in stencil format .... off you go :) 

IMG_2513.jpeg

"I won ticket day"

"My other hat is the other stage"

"Somerset Giza" get it? haha

"1970 - 2019"

1 hour ago, Havors said:

"I won ticket day"

"My other hat is the other stage"

"Somerset Giza" get it? haha

"1970 - 2019"

great shout ... im going to try the somerset giza on one screen  today to see if I can get it to fit in stencil form .... if it does you win a pint at the meet :) ... 

20 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Loving this. Can’t wait to see it on the Farm. 

Thanks ... you won't miss me if im in the same field as you :) ... there were a few more very good outfits last festival but the people  have yet to emerge on here although maybe its a little early :) 

Just now, Havors said:

May be but harder to fit Somerset on? Ironically I was orginally going to say pyramid giza, but they somerset had multiple meanings

its done now and glued on so its going to stay :) one more letter so might have been a squeeze ...yeah it should have said somerset from the start but not sure what happened :) ... you win a pint anyway 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

its done now and glued on so its going to stay :) one more letter so might have been a squeeze ...yeah it should have said somerset from the start but not sure what happened :) ... you win a pint anyway 

If I can stay sober enough to get there.... failed last year haha 

4 minutes ago, Boris said:

Mind.. there is a porch- however minimal.

Yes, I guess the presence of a porch would help the situation. The problem is though that you'd still witness the performance from the rear.  And you'd do that because you'd be sleeping with one eye open at all times. And why would you be sleeping like that? It would be because you'd know that you were sleeping alongside a right selfish w*nker, and wouldn't know, but would fear, just how far he could take that selfishness.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, I guess the presence of a porch would help the situation. The problem is though that you'd still witness the performance from the rear.  And you'd do that because you'd be sleeping with one eye open at all times. And why would you be sleeping like that? It would be because you'd know that you were sleeping alongside a right selfish w*nker, and wouldn't know, but would fear, just how far he could take that selfishness.

have you quoted in the wrong thread yog ?:) 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not sure I would call it selfishness if it's not visible due to porch door flap. Let's be honest- we don't bring our fabric conditioner bottles in order to be polite... we use them as discreetly as possible- but there's always sleeping people inches away. And it saves the ungodly walk of doom when mashed or otherwise dissembled.

Wait.. this is still the wrong thread 'ain't it? Which was the correct one anyway? I have a headache. Party last night. Used a ceramic flushing toilet with a door though.

Edited by Boris

3 hours ago, Boris said:

I'm not sure I would call it selfishness if it's not visible due to porch door flap. Let's be honest- we don't bring our fabric conditioner bottles in order to be polite... we use them as discreetly as possible- but there's always sleeping people inches away. And it saves the ungodly walk of doom when mashed or otherwise dissembled.

Wait.. this is still the wrong thread 'ain't it? Which was the correct one anyway? I have a headache. Party last night. Used a ceramic flushing toilet with a door though.

Hello Boris,

My apologies, as I'd posted my post in the wrong thread. Nothing wrong with a lenor bottle, in my opinion. It's a life saver in not having to put all your stuff on in the morning, just to go for a pee. That said, I did have a calamity using a milk bottle at a festival this year - I may as well have got my lad out and just sprayed the inside of my tent with it, because that's effectively what happened. I'd forgotten all about bringing a lenor bottle - probably because I have a campervan with toilet now, and hadn't prepared sufficiently for being in a tent.

On 11/1/2018 at 1:30 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Boris,

My apologies, as I'd posted my post in the wrong thread. Nothing wrong with a lenor bottle, in my opinion. It's a life saver in not having to put all your stuff on in the morning, just to go for a pee. That said, I did have a calamity using a milk bottle at a festival this year - I may as well have got my lad out and just sprayed the inside of my tent with it, because that's effectively what happened. I'd forgotten all about bringing a lenor bottle - probably because I have a campervan with toilet now, and hadn't prepared sufficiently for being in a tent.

Marvellous. My well meant schadenfreude on reading of your misadventure is equalled by the hazed memory of my own shameful past disasters- which I shall not detail here. Suffice to say you got off lightly. Now to search for a 'toilet disasters' thread ... and get back on topic here by suggesting I make a costume - somehow - out of Travel Johns, fabric conditioner bottles and sheepees.

17 minutes ago, Boris said:

Marvellous. My well meant schadenfreude on reading of your misadventure is equalled by the hazed memory of my own shameful past disasters- which I shall not detail here. Suffice to say you got off lightly. Now to search for a 'toilet disasters' thread ... and get back on topic here by suggesting I make a costume - somehow - out of Travel Johns, fabric conditioner bottles and sheepees.

Hello Boris,

I didn't see your deleted post, but can tell you that well meant schadenfreude is OK with me. I love a bit of schadenfreude, my dad likes a bit of schadenfreude, and his dad before him etc etc.  How can one not!? 

I've just had a smoke, so my mind's racing. I am now thinking about whether there's a point (as agreed by the majority) where schadenfreude ends, and something much more sinister begins? 

Anyway, your own toilet disasters sound utterly atrocious - fair play to you. I once had a mud slide happen to me when I was risking a fart whilst pissing up a pub wall in Bristol. I had to go back in to the pub to sort myself out in the toilets. There was only one problem - the women's toilet had broken, and there was a queue for the only single trap gents toilet. So, i had to stand in the queue, next to diners, wondering if the shite was showing on my jeans. Eventually I got to the loo, and went in. So, what did I do. I took off my boxers and cleaned myself up. Then I had the problem of having a shitty pair of pants to deal with. Being in the building trade, the answer came to me immediately. So, I lifted the cover of the toilet cistern and popped the shitty mess in to the cistern. This meant that as I left the toilet, the next person in there wouldn't recoil with horror at a pair of shitty pants on the floor.

What that next person didn't know though (but I did) was that when they went to flush the toilet, clean water wouldn't come out. It would be brown stained water water. I knew that, but went for self preservation, and escape. It's something that haunts me to this day. 

Maybe I should write in to Jo Whiley and Simon Mayo and ask the nation if they forgive me.