Gold Membership Time

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Noticed the word has got through to the Game of Thrones cast. Very unprofessional to allow this into the final production however.

So we're now in August, coming into the Glastonbury ticket hype season, and it's time for Gold membership of eFests. I've purchased another annual membership (for £1.50 a month) because this plac

its still worth it for the support it gives you ... tickets or no tickets thanks everyone 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Noticed the word has got through to the Game of Thrones cast. Very unprofessional to allow this into the final production however.

PicsArt_05-08-09_07_15.thumb.jpg.8d8ff1c597ade769c29eee6bd4c1c784.jpg

Winner winner chicken dinner

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

it's good to know a person's arse is the most import thing in this thread.

It's why efestivals as it has been for the last 20 years is fucked. ;) 

?

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

?

I'm about to have to sack myself, and efestivals will have to become something different to what it's been.

And when the members are the funding, who knows how long it can last when hosting costs are £6k a year.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm about to have to sack myself, and efestivals will have to become something different to what it's been.

And when the members are the funding, who knows how long it can last when hosting costs are £6k a year.

The piles was a reference to the mugs .... sorry if it became off topic after that ... i have bumped this thread before to try to help hope you have some joy with some more people going gold 

14 hours ago, Dillyblue said:

If not Gold membership am sure donations would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps the words 'Current Donation Goals' could be changed to 'To Donate Please Click Here' or some other wording  Xxx

I've now done this. Thanks again.

Just now, eFestivals said:

I've now done this. Thanks again.

What about pinning the gold membership thread to the top ? Maybe might help people to join more quickly rather than getting a boost when someone bumps the thread ... keeping the site running is more important than a solo campers thread for example ... without the site this wouldn’t exist anyway :) 

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

What about pinning the gold membership thread to the top ? Maybe might help people to join more quickly rather than getting a boost when someone bumps the thread ... keeping the site running is more important than a solo campers thread for example ... without the site this wouldn’t exist anyway :) 

this seems to  be a very sensible suggestion and one I fully support!

46 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Oh, that is sh*te and therefore this should definitely and permanently be a visible page /link

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Roughly how many Gold members does it take to keep the place afloat? 

depends what you mean by 'afloat'. How long is a piece of string?

Hosting costs are about £6k a year, which would be about 350 gold members (there's currently 228), plus my time in managing those payments, managing the server, managing the business (taxes, accounting, etc), etc, etc, etc.

I've earnt shit money doing this as my employment (less than £15k pa for 80+ hours a week 50 weeks a year), but after I've sacked myself I'll be charging my time for a realistic rate.

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Hosting costs are about £6k a year, which would be about 350 gold members (there's currently 228), plus my time in managing those payments, managing the server, managing the business (taxes, accounting, etc), etc, etc, etc.

I've earnt shit money doing this as my employment (less than £15k pa for 80+ hours a week 50 weeks a year), but after I've sacked myself I'll be charging my time for a realistic rate.

Apologies for not doing this before but done now! Keep up the great work of distracting me from my day job!

Order Review

• logo-s150.gif.c7e8d51e780005246f80e3f5ff39450b.gif
    1 x GOLD member (free of adverts)

The biggest contributes to this site should be the festivals themselves though.

Would I ever have gone to Bluedot if I hadn't read about it on here? Probably not. I'm sure there a many similar stories and for a tiny fraction of their budget Neil could pay himself a decent wage.

But I'm sure the more members that cough up the better though :)

3 minutes ago, t0paz said:

The biggest contributes to this site should be the festivals themselves though.

yep, but to put it simply, they're a bunch of freeloading w*nkers, with just a tiny number of exceptions.

And they all think that the ever-decreasing circles of social media do it for them now, while they wonder why their audiences are fading away.

51 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I didnt realise it was in that kind of state. Will be signing up for gold when I get home. Have you ever thought about asking valid members to add to the site/help keep it going as volunteers/admins?