Jump to content

Gold Membership Time


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Noticed the word has got through to the Game of Thrones cast. Very unprofessional to allow this into the final production however.

So we're now in August, coming into the Glastonbury ticket hype season, and it's time for Gold membership of eFests. I've purchased another annual membership (for £1.50 a month) because this plac

its still worth it for the support it gives you ... tickets or no tickets thanks everyone 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

thanks to everyone who's helped the funding push so far - i'll give a full update next week, but the response has been great - tho in the meantime, any further support is hugely appreciated.

Don't know if it's something you've considered previously Neil, but could there be an option to limit the amount people can post if they're not GOLD members? Probably not a goer for various reasons, but thinking about how to drive membership without completely excluding non-paying members?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Quark said:

Don't know if it's something you've considered previously Neil, but could there be an option to limit the amount people can post if they're not GOLD members? Probably not a goer for various reasons, but thinking about how to drive membership without completely excluding non-paying members?

I've considered that and plenty of other similar ideas, but always conclude that shutting some people out in one way or another wouldn't make the forums sustainable going forwards - I've always tried to take the long view.

In many ways newbies are what gives here life, as otherwise it would just be the same people talking about the same things in the same ways year after year but feeling they had less new and interesting to say each time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough, suspected it was something you'd already thought of!  Was thinking along the lines of a daily limit rather than a finite number of posts, but amounts to the same in the end I guess.

Definitely need to keep newbies coming in.  There's only so many Simpsons memes we can get away with :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Was thinking along the lines of a daily limit

there's already a limit for new sign-ups for the first day of posting - to limit the damage a spammer can do - and even that makes me cringe a bit.

Cos if an enthusiastic newbie turns up their input is limited, and it might make them feel that here isn't for them after all - and that would be a shame.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Quark said:

sounds like it's done reasonably well so far

it's made a huge difference, things are far more financially comfortable today than they were. :) 

Which is just as well, because I've just found out for sure that I've lost the last 6 months ad income cos the company has gone under. 

(it was expected - a big part of why i felt things were so dire).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

.......... as otherwise it would just be the same people talking about the same things in the same ways year after year but feeling they had less new and interesting to say each time.

Marriage in a nutshell. ?

Been a member for a while, but just wanted to encourage anyone sitting on the fence to join. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's made a huge difference, things are far more financially comfortable today than they were. :) 

Which is just as well, because I've just found out for sure that I've lost the last 6 months ad income cos the company has gone under. 

(it was expected - a big part of why i felt things were so dire).

Great to hear that things are in a bit of a better place, Neil. 

Keep fighting the fight and using those of us who spend unhealthy amounts of time on here to champion things alongside you. 

?

Ben

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

thanks to everyone who's helped the funding push so far - i'll give a full update next week, but the response has been great - tho in the meantime, any further support is hugely appreciated.

So pleased to read this. If only the large number of veteran posters who are not Gold could be persuaded!!!!!!    Xxx

ps t shirt safely received.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 5:28 PM, Dillyblue said:

So pleased to read this. If only the large number of veteran posters who are not Gold could be persuaded!!!!!!    Xxx

ps t shirt safely received.

I was scanning a couple of pages of a thread earlier and my eyes were drawn to post after post from non-Gold members. 

If only everyone signed up, Neil would be fine. 

 

 

 

 

 

And in Barbados. 

Ben

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've definitely noticed more Gold members now, plenty of room for more though and well worth the money. This site will be getting busier and busier in the lead up to the festival. Sacrifice a round at the bar and get Gold membership instead!! :D

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s keep the Gold coming people. You know it makes sense, with a massive return of information and ( occasionally odd) humour ?that is more than worth the cost. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Signed up!   I've been coming here for years and it's always been an amazing place to chat, get excited, obsess over the weather, get ticket day hints and to share post Glastonbury stories.. it's been a huge part of it all for me and I'm glad to be able to pay something back.

I've missed the last 4 festivals while pregnant / children have been little so I've not been on here as much but I'm soo excited to try for tickets next year (my 15th Glastonbury hopefully!) and be part of the lovely efests community again. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...