kalifire

Gold Membership Time

1 minute ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Fantastic. This warms the cockles of my heart. eFests member with only 8 posts goes Gold. Setting a fine example there sir. 

The last week or so has clearly been a badly needed shot in the arm for eFests but obviously a good week alone won't be enough.

Maybe regular posters could randomly start new 'Sign Up To Gold' threads? May help a little.

that or just keep this one at least on the top 2 pages .... I wish I didn't run out of upvotes so quickly they would all be used on this thread at the moment ... a thread like this shows support from the old(er) members whilst having the great thing of new members also signing up and supporting the site .... who's going Gold today then ? :) 

14 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Fantastic. This warms the cockles of my heart. eFests member with only 8 posts goes Gold. Setting a fine example there sir. 

The last week or so has clearly been a badly needed shot in the arm for eFests but obviously a good week alone won't be enough.

Maybe regular posters could randomly start new 'Sign Up To Gold' threads? May help a little.

Not wanting to be at all rude or offensive to anyone but I have noticed that there are a lot of big posters on here who are not Gold members (but perhaps they have donated.)

In the nicest possible way I hope they will be persuaded to sign up to help Neil . Xxx

• Upvote 1

I paid for Gold membership a couple of days ago.  I've visited this site so many times in the last few years - often multiple times in one day.  I've enjoyed reading the chat, got lots of useful tips, and also received some amazing help from forum members that I'd never even met (such as the wonderful Mr Gumby).  I now feel quite guilty that I got so much from this site without paying anything. 

Thank you, Neil, for running this site, and I hope my small contribution will help a bit.

• Upvote 1

Don't forget that we can make an additional help with revenues to efestivals with buying other stuff that we normally do anyway - concert tickets, Amazon, Booking.com among other stuff from the links here on this website! 

Ive always renewed my Gold as soon as I could and have chucked in a wee donation as well.

I'd love to look into what else I can do to help keep things running - efestivals is THE online festival resource and community.

12 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Really tempted to get a T-shirt as my last one is 10 years old. However I feel a XL will be a little tight for my now rotund build. 

I've got 20 year old T-shirts I still wear! Now, what E-festivals need to sell is pens, no idea where they go but I'd be ordering every week :) Or pizza, Efestivals pizza.

41 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

T-shirt has arrived.It will get an official airing at Bearded Theory.

mine has arrived too .... but in the care of royal mail currently :( 

On 5/13/2019 at 9:07 AM, eFestivals said:

thanks to everyone for their support. 

Pleasure I'm sorry it's taken so long. 

Have you considered gold users getting a symbol or a gold ring around their circle or something ? A bit school prefect but it will at least prompt people to ask - 'what is that?' and possibly persuade more to become gold.  

Edited by danbailey80

Paid tomorrow so today will be my last day of pesky ads. 

@eFestivals we’re just about to book accommodation in India. When I click on the Booking.com link on the forums it opens up the app. Do you still get a cut that way?  When I’ve gone gold will I have to change theme to get the ads back to support you?

2 hours ago, tarw said:

Paid tomorrow so today will be my last day of pesky ads. 

@eFestivals we’re just about to book accommodation in India. When I click on the Booking.com link on the forums it opens up the app. Do you still get a cut that way?  When I’ve gone gold will I have to change theme to get the ads back to support you?

The ads will disappear when you go gold. There's a booking.com link in the page menu tho.

Thanks for your support (and everyone else's).

I'll be going gold on payday (next week). I've spent too many years on here not to justify it! 

@eFestivals Do you have a link for Hotels.com? I book through them every week, no skin off my nose if you go via this website

Have bought a couple of little things from Amazon this week and gone via here. I buy a fair bit from there so will try to remember to use your link. 

33 minutes ago, benc said:

@eFestivals Do you have a link for Hotels.com? I book through them every week, no skin off my nose if you go via this website

I don't, sorry.

6 hours ago, tarw said:

Possibly not. I know with the cashback sites (Quidco and such) they always say that bookings made through the booking.com app don't get the cashback, that you have to use the website so maybe they can't track them

Just now, philipsteak said:

Possibly not. I know with the cashback sites (Quidco and such) they always say that bookings made through the booking.com app don't get the cashback, that you have to use the website so maybe they can't track them

Thanks. I’ll do it on the laptop then

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

@eFestivals

are the links tracked when used on phones, if booking.com needs a laptop, for example is amazon easy to track?