Out of date passport ok as ID entry?

Readytorave

Hi everyone

A few days ago i lost my provisional license and i dont have enough time to replace it for Boomtown ID and the only thing i have is my out of date Passport.. im praying it will be okay at entry with my ticket.

I dont even care about trying to use it at the bar to buy drinks, literally just worried im going to be turned away.

Does anybody know if security will refuse entry of my legit but expired passport or how they will be about it? 

Thanks in advance Boomerss 

4 minutes ago, Readytorave said:

Hi everyone

A few days ago i lost my provisional license and i dont have enough time to replace it for Boomtown ID and the only thing i have is my out of date Passport.. im praying it will be okay at entry with my ticket.

I dont even care about trying to use it at the bar to buy drinks, literally just worried im going to be turned away.

Does anybody know if security will refuse entry of my legit but expired passport or how they will be about it? 

Thanks in advance Boomerss 

I think you'll be fine, they won't check the expiry date on a passport -  at least they didn't in 2015 & 16.

Do they fully take your passport and read it or do you just need to flash them the name and photo? And yeah im hoping they arent too on top this year, as im going on the wednesday im assuming they might be a little bit more extensive with their checking as its set over two days.

Ive never been so im not sure how the entry process even goes at boomtown and what channels you have to go through..

Worried!

14 hours ago, Readytorave said:

Do they fully take your passport and read it or do you just need to flash them the name and photo? And yeah im hoping they arent too on top this year, as im going on the wednesday im assuming they might be a little bit more extensive with their checking as its set over two days.

Ive never been so im not sure how the entry process even goes at boomtown and what channels you have to go through..

Worried!

8 hours ago, manateemike said:

I was a bit worried about this as my boys paaport is out of date. Decided at short notice to get one of those Citizens cards just in case for him. 

Hes so tall it's handy for him to prove sometimes that he is not an adult. 

I paid for my citizencard the second i lost my provisional, and theyre saying that my referee canot verify it until shes at work next week (during boomtown) and Then my card would be sent out?? .. 

Ive been in touch with the ticketsellers and they said legally no, but were really promising with the fact that these things are usually circumstansial and if i can bring any other documents to support my passport it would help my situation alot. Probably gonna have to hope for the best, not a good idea considering i have only travel home for Monday 13th and if they turn me away im stranded lmao ?

What I would do is take a p45/p60, wage slip with national insurance number on or a utility bill with your name and address,  and and bank card. So if they do notice you can have them on them stand by. These items are often used as backup proof to identity. Take original copies and then you can store them in a locker if you're worried about losing them. 

• 5 years later...

I'd recommend reaching out directly to the event organizers or venue security to inquire about their policy regarding expired passports. They'll be able to provide you with the most accurate information and put your mind at ease about entry requirements.