Bilbao BBK Live 2019

gregory

9 minutes ago, gregory said:

fucking hell this is rough, what a let down. will comment more another time.

Oh well mate. It’s still a great lineup and I assume someone fell through. 

Poor way to close out but plenty of excellent stuff still on there to enjoy.

poor announcement, yeah... but hey, this is one of the best line ups this summer (to me at least). 

things are not like they were some 8-10 years ago when there were total of about 10-15 festivals in whole Europe. Now they're hundreds...!! and all sharing pretty much the same amount of decent acts. Major headliners/artists now tour pretty much every year and still most lineups feel incomplete and or underwhelming. Look at Nos. Fib, Reading and so on and so on...
The biggest festivals that used to sell out by Feb./Mar. like Werchter, Rock am Ring, Primavera etc. etc. still have tickets even with stellar line ups.

We will see how the festival scene will evolve in the next years but definitely things will change in one direction or another... 

Edited by r55N

15 hours ago, xxialac said:

Have you come to terms with the omnishambles of this closure of the poster @gregory? Hard to believe this is what they had in mind!

I'm still hopeful there might be a last min surprise, so till wont share the names I was given just yet, but looks like ticket sales are going well(ish), so maybe this is it.

Image may contain: outdoor and nature

A good lineup, but Friday has had nothing added to it AT ALL since the first announcement back in December!

2 minutes ago, gregory said:

I'm still hopeful there might be a last min surprise, so till wont share the names I was given just yet, but looks like ticket sales are going well(ish), so maybe this is it.

Image may contain: outdoor and nature

A good lineup, but Friday has had nothing added to it AT ALL since the first announcement back in December!

You're far more in the know but I'd be surprised. They were very clear about the poster being closed. But fingers crossed!

54 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

3 days-tickets again for 95€ (each person that bought his tickets for that price at the beginning, now can buy another 2 tickets for that price)

If you  had paid 160€ for the ticket, you should feel scammed.

Ticket selling for BBK this year is being a complete disaster.

That is fucking nasty. Funny the day before they do they 'almost sold out' thing and then go straight to half price tickets...

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, gregory said:

That is fucking nasty. Funny the day before they do they 'almost sold out' thing and then go straight to half price tickets...

Ah! That's a shame. I paid 160Euros for my ticket. They had me keen to go to their festival year after year - but in one move they've now ensured I won't ever come back. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Ah! That's a shame. I paid 160Euros for my ticket. They had me keen to go to their festival year after year - but in one move they've now ensured I won't ever come back. 

:( Try to be positive, I paid about €80 for a weezer ticket at Brixton, so €160 for 3 days isn't so bad. It's shit they did this, but still good value. & the lineup was arranged 2 years ago that I could watch about 7/8 full (band) sets each day, hopefully it'll be the same this year :) 

• Like 1

Just now, gregory said:

:( Try to be positive, I paid about €80 for a weezer ticket at Brixton, so €160 for 3 days isn't so bad. It's shit they did this, but still good value. & the lineup was arranged 2 years ago that I could watch about 7/8 full (band) sets each day, hopefully it'll be the same this year :) 

I agree it's still good (though I wouldn't pay €80 to see Weezer, much as I like them!)

But any company that doesn't treat its customers fairly should expect to see a loss of custom. If I go next year I'm endorsing their behaviour.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Less than a month to go! Shouldn't we be getting some more news like who's playing on the wednesday, day gigs etc by now?

And when was the timetable released last year?

Campsite stage was announced June 7th:

Wednesday: https://www.bilbaobbklive.com/en/akelarre/ "2019 INFORMATION VERY SOON"

Day gigs / free shows: https://www.bilbaobbklive.com/es/bereziak/ "COMING SOON FOR 2019"

Dr Music Festival, which is the same weekend in Spain, has just been cancelled.

Trying to work out if this is in any way a positive for Bilbao BBK.

Could some of the Dr Music acts play Bilbao BBK instead?

Conversely could The Strokes, The Good, Bad and the Queen, The Blaze and others move or cancel their dates?

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Ah, I missed that. Thanks very much for flagging!

Sorry, wasn't clear again. Last year it was announced on June 7th. So hopefully coming soon. Omar is decent sized and was exclusive for campsite last year, hopefully something good again this year. 

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Dr Music Festival, which is the same weekend in Spain, has just been cancelled.

Trying to work out if this is in any way a positive for Bilbao BBK.

Could some of the Dr Music acts play Bilbao BBK instead?

Conversely could The Strokes, The Good, Bad and the Queen, The Blaze and others move or cancel their dates?

Kamasi, Smashing Pumpkins would be great adds. 

4 minutes ago, gregory said:

Sorry, wasn't clear again. Last year it was announced on June 7th. So hopefully coming soon. Omar is decent sized and was exclusive for campsite last year, hopefully something good again this year. 

Kamasi, Smashing Pumpkins would be great adds. 

Oh I see. Thought it was from this year as Omar is playing this year too!

Yes, agreed! Unlikely but you never know and it does mean that if a headliner pulls out now, they could get an adequate replacement.

On 6/7/2019 at 3:47 PM, jcabmar said:

There is currently a promo for the ambassadors: tickets for 90€ and tickets with camping for 105€. If anyone is interested, send me a PM. I need your name and email to send you the shopping link. It's only for the first 20 people.

Today is the last day for this offer. They extended the amount of tickets available. Don't forget to send me your email and your name in the PM :)