Bilbao BBK Live 2019

gregory

22 minutes ago, xxialac said:

To those in the know, what's the deal with topping up credit at BBK?

Do you have to collect the topup wristband in the City or can you collect at the festival site? Can you only top it up online once you have it? Thanks.

Pick up is at San Mames near where you get the bus up to the fest so it's en route anyway. You can also top up there. Can also top up online before you have the wristband, you should get a link to that at some point I think. 

55 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Pick up is at San Mames near where you get the bus up to the fest so it's en route anyway. You can also top up there. Can also top up online before you have the wristband, you should get a link to that at some point I think. 

Fantastically helpful, thanks.

Could anyone help me with the other side of the festival. Is the camping area as big a nightmare as it appears to be according to Tripadvisor reviews? 

I'm probably gonna get a ready made tent for when I get there (solo also) but just wanted to check if anyone has something positive to say about it! Cheers

37 minutes ago, Quadriga1 said:

Could anyone help me with the other side of the festival. Is the camping area as big a nightmare as it appears to be according to Tripadvisor reviews? 

I'm probably gonna get a ready made tent for when I get there (solo also) but just wanted to check if anyone has something positive to say about it! Cheers

What negative things are you reading? The campsite is super organised as in you're directed to a spot where you pitch and all tents are in prearranged rows which means you don't need to look for a spot. 

I booked a prepitched tent one year and it was super easy. You just queued for an extra wristband then they took you to the tent. You leave a deposit of like 20 euros (??) for the lantern they provide and it's easy as that. 

Edit- so no negative experience!

Edited by DarthSaul

Hey. Thanks for the response.

I have read comments about the toilet facilities being terrible and never clean, queues for the buses being lengthy (lots of people missing bands) and there were very little stalls for food and drink (and loads of queues). Also the morning breakfast was always too busy to even bother getting something?

Really happy to hear the contrary!

Last year the bus from town on Thursday was ridiculous, a massive wait people aren't exaggerating. They sorted it for the next two days though so wouldn't worry this year.

Toilets were fine in campsite both times I went- especially first thing in the morning and late at night. More of an issue in the arena, just not enough. Food and drink stalls never had an issue! 

2 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Last year the bus from town on Thursday was ridiculous, a massive wait people aren't exaggerating. They sorted it for the next two days though so wouldn't worry this year.

Toilets were fine in campsite both times I went- especially first thing in the morning and late at night. More of an issue in the arena, just not enough. Food and drink stalls never had an issue! 

Thanks @Darthsaul. Do you think it was a one-off cock-up or could it just be always the way with the first night?

50 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Thanks @Darthsaul. Do you think it was a one-off cock-up or could it just be always the way with the first night?

I think a one-off! Just not enough buses for demand, surely they'll know now! And wasn't like that the first time I went so looks positive to not happen again. 

11 minutes ago, Walsh67 said:

With all this talk about the bus, is it much hassle going to and from the City each night on the bus? We're staying in an apartment in town.

No hassle at all, especially if you don't leave straight after the headliner. Because music goes on all night there's no mass exodus and buses back are easy. Metro runs all night too I believe. 

41 minutes ago, Walsh67 said:

Is there definitely another announcement?

Yes.

btw I didn't have any problems with the buses in 2017. campsite seemed fine too (great views), but I don't remember showing... (don't judge ;) ). interested to see if they have a band or 2 playing the Wed night again this year...

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Anyone have a sense of when we will get those last names?

Now :)

? 2manydjs  HVOB  Biig Piig DELAPORTE y SUA son nuestras nuevas incorporaciones para esta edición del #BilbaoBBKLive ?

• Upvote 1