Bilbao BBK Live 2019

gregory

37 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

Bought a day-ticket today. What can we expect for Friday? I read somewhere about James Blake... but why are you considering him?

Honestly I think Friday is already full, they normally have 23 acts per day and Friday is already at 23. Thurs has 20 (3 to come) and Sat 17 (6 to come). Happy to be wrong though. 

The JB info faded away sadly (I love his new record) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Odessa said:

Disappointed not to get an announcement this week. Has to be next week now, surely. Any hints @gregory?

How soon is now? No idea, could be after Easter at this rate. Hopefully soon. The MC announcement wasn’t so special IMO so BBK have a chance to offer an decent alternative if they act quick...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, gregory said:

How soon is now? 

Haha, well at least Johnny Marr is one less clash I have to worry about at All Points East then. 

6 hours ago, gregory said:

No idea, could be after Easter at this rate. Hopefully soon. The MC announcement wasn’t so special IMO so BBK have a chance to offer an decent alternative if they act quick...

RealIy feel like it has to be next week now, although I also thought that last week. I think the Mad Cool lineup is brilliant tbh. I was gutted when they announced Empire Of The Sun but at least you had prepared me for that lol.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, gregory said:

How soon is now? No idea, could be after Easter at this rate. Hopefully soon. The MC announcement wasn’t so special IMO so BBK have a chance to offer an decent alternative if they act quick...

Maybe MC kept something. The idea was they have one more headliner for day. The word "complete" is not the same as ending.

Edited by Degu

9 hours ago, activean said:

@gregory since you are popular here :P How satisfied are you with the existing lineup? 

I think it’s fine, and quite different to a lot of other festivals this summer. To have Stokes, Weezer, Liam, Brockhampton, Suede, Vince Staples, Hot Chip, John Grant, Damon Albarn etc is a good mix at least. It could do with a few more good guitar acts IMO (this year seems way more dancey than when I last went in 2017), but let’s see what the final announcement brings. The 2 names I’ve heard have no Euro dates so far. 

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I understood that. Was just happy that it’s not an act that’s on every other poster this summer.

Okay, thank god. Was well embarrassed for a second haha. 

Getting a bit boring waiting for official news isn’t it... 

They haven’t even announced the “day” concerts in the city yet, or if there will be a campsite day 0 concert again this year (they put the price up €5 so there better be!) 

7 minutes ago, gregory said:

Same pal, it has been a long time. Got a hunch it might be next week though, someone said today is another Spanish holiday (?)

Think it's only a holiday in a couple of Spanish regions today and not in the Basque Country.

I'll take next week for that news but please, not too much longer now!

Changing tack, someone wrote you can walk from San Mames to the Campsite, albeit mostly uphill, in just 45 minutes. This sound about right to anyone who's done it? Is it easy to avoid getting lost by following the map on the official website?

"sounds more exciting than actually is" means no st. Vincent, Karen O and other females in this caliber. We'll see soon. I'm very happy with the current line up so any decent additions will just add to the flavor for me :)
(and secretly hoping they drag Yonaka from Mad Cool... :)

Edited by r55N
  • Upvote 2