Bilbao BBK Live 2019

gregory

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Lots of people reporting it took 2-3 years of queueing and bussing to get there last year. This was on the first day. Then better days 2 and 3.

Ok, I arrived on Wednesday, maybe it’s Thursday there’s a problem. Anyway, no taxis allowed up the mountain as far as I know, shuttle bus only. There was also a bus from Bilbao exhibition center in 2017. 

Hopefully someone can be more useful about last year etc. 

19 minutes ago, gregory said:

Ok, I arrived on Wednesday, maybe it’s Thursday there’s a problem. Anyway, no taxis allowed up the mountain as far as I know, shuttle bus only. There was also a bus from Bilbao exhibition center in 2017. 

Hopefully someone can be more useful about last year etc. 

Very helpful, thank you

9 hours ago, ricardozezere said:

Can someone clarify me something. When will the camping area be open to public? I thought it was on the 10th of July, but on the site it says on the 11. It's probably still from the last years edition, but I would like to double check before I buy train tickets. 

It opens on Wednesday 10th, I think at midday. Last year they had a stage there with some gigs on Wed night just for campers, hopefully they’ll do the same this year. They put the price up from €10 to €15 so hopefully it’s to pay for another act or something. 

What additional names do we still expect? I think we are missing still a big name for Saturday. I recently saw this in setlist.fm when checking the setlists of Weezer:

Screenshot 2019-03-05 at 10.46.30.png

I also think that Liam Gallagher is a very poor headliner to have. And it is true that he comes along with Thom Yorke, possibly the biggest artist in the whole festival. But I'd expect an additional mid/big name on that day as well.

Edited by jcabmar

13 minutes ago, jcabmar said:

What additional names do we still expect? I think we are missing still a big name for Saturday. I recently saw this in setlist.fm when checking the setlists of Weezer:

I also think that Liam Gallagher is a very poor headliner to have. And it is true that he comes along with Thom Yorke, possibly the biggest artist in the whole festival. But I'd expect an additional mid/big name on that day as well.

I expect there'll be a co-head added on Thursday and a head on Saturday. Ticket prices go up in 4 weeks, guess we'll get more then.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

In a thread in the Spanish forum foroazkenarock there is one person that seems to have privileged info about the festival. He says that he is surprised with one of the announcements to come. He said that it is not something too big, but UNEXPECTED. Any ideas on who can be? I said that probably Pixies will follow Weezer on Saturday. Any ideas? Can it be LCD Soundsystem?

Screenshot 2019-03-14 at 10.42.46.png

Screenshot 2019-03-14 at 10.43.05.png

Edited by jcabmar

7 minutes ago, jcabmar said:

In a thread in the Spanish forum foroazkenarock there is one person that seems to have privileged info about the festival. He says that he is surprised with one of the announcements to come. He said that it is not something too big, but UNEXPECTED. Any ideas on who can be? I said that probably Pixies will follow Weezer on Saturday. Any ideas? Can it be LCD Soundsystem?

Hoyos knows nothing, ignore him. 

(Hi Hoyos!) 

11 minutes ago, jcabmar said:

LCD is too big, stop dreaming)

3 minutes ago, ricardozezere said:

LCD soundsystem would be amazing. Since he said is nothing too big I'm crossing my fingers for James Blake. Honestly I would take anything to compensate for the fact that Liam G is the Headliner for day 1..

I don't think JB is that big personally. Agree we need some great news to make up for the Gallagher news. 

3 hours ago, jcabmar said:

He is just a troll. Stop bringing shit from that forum here, please...

• Downvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ticket prices go up to €160 (€175 with camping) on Wednesday FYI

I guess they will close the lineup on Thursday, but no info on that. I've also heard there are a couple of surprises to come, but not massive acts. If they get their final poster out before Mad Cool (and it's good) it will be quite the power play.

Edited by gregory

6 hours ago, gregory said:

Ticket prices go up to €160 (€175 with camping) on Wednesday FYI

I guess they will close the lineup on Thursday, but no info on that. I've also heard there are a couple of surprises to come, but not massive acts. If they get their final poster out before Mad Cool (and it's good) it will be quite the power play.

Thanks for keeping us updated : )

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Empire Of The Sun on the Doctor Music lineup has me praying that they are also going to be announced for this. @gregory if you know they are not on the lineup please say and stop my hopes from getting up too high lol.

Hmmmmm.... so 2 months ago (before this anniversary tour was even announced) I was told they would be at BBK. Then I was told they will not. Now I'm not sure. Probably not, but not so impossible. Think Mad Cool might be more likely TBH...

Know that's not very helpful ? 80% no I'd say. Hope for something else instead :D 

There are still 12 hours till the change of price (today at midnight). If someone is interested in ambassador discount, just ask me. I hope we get The Smashing Pumpkins on Thursday now that they are not playing that day in Doctor Music Festival. And I personally would not like to see Empire of Sun in BBK.... let's pray they are going to Mad Cool.

On 4/2/2019 at 2:50 PM, gregory said:

Hmmmmm.... so 2 months ago (before this anniversary tour was even announced) I was told they would be at BBK. Then I was told they will not. Now I'm not sure. Probably not, but not so impossible. Think Mad Cool might be more likely TBH...

Know that's not very helpful ? 80% no I'd say. Hope for something else instead :D 

Today's the day?