Bilbao BBK Live 2019

gregory

10 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

BBK and Mad Cool are both announcing on monday? Maybe are they sharing a big name?

Yeah maybe The Strokes. Who knows.

Where is it said that Mad Cool is announcing? The Mac Cool  guy just said 'What a coincidence' on Azkena.. 

Edited by gregory

Raising the price before announcing acts could mean 2 things;

1) they have an expensive bill this year
2) they are confident they can sell a shit ton of tickets at the higher €125 price

Last year you could pay €99 knowing that Gorillaz, The xx, Noel Gallagher, alt-J , David Byrne , BOMBA ESTEREO, Temples, Parquet Courts etc. would be playing.

There's no way that 3 big Spanish festival will be able to book an entirely different poster in the exact same weekend, so some of the names will play in 2 of them. Together with Nos Alive every one of these Spanish festivals can have a partner to help booking artists together.

I dont know what is the size of Doctor Music but BBK Bilbao has a 40k daily capacity which is a only bit more than half the size of Mad Cool so I guess lineup-wise they cant really compete with MC, but operating together with MC may give them the edge over Doctor Music.

I wonder if Mumford & Sons will do this, unlikely for NOS Alive with a Lisbon date in April and haven't played here since 2015. Probably not everyones ideal act but could be on the cards, Florence is another touring heavily next Summer but obviously won't be here.

This years line up was probably the best I've seen from BBK for me personally so will be keeping an eye out on Monday, the only downside being Childish Gambino, Alt-J, Chemical Brothers, Jungle etc. probably won't be there.

1 minute ago, pryce said:

ughh indie

Lauryn Hill just been announced for Gurtenfestival in Switzerland

possibility?

Oooh that'd be good. Haven't heard her name - actually haven't heard any women's names. So looking forward to that surprise at least. Phoebe Bridgers or Julien Baker would be a good start. 

p.s. some decent hip hop too, among other things.